Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Combi Mini - Only RTE 1 showing

• 30-09-2020 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Helping out an elderly relative and think this is a pure Sat Dish has moved issue as its been a problem since start of lockdown apparently here in Dublin

She only has RTE 1 - had tried a retune but i dont think i did it properly - on teh 28.2 sat and she cant get any other channel - previously had all uk and irish channels

Any suggestion that i dont need to call someone out to realign?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Should this not be in the Satellite section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭MenloPete

Should this not be in the Satellite section?

No it shouldn't - we're talking about the Irish terrestrial channels received by aerial.

OP - You should be able to receive VM3, RTE Junior and the two +1 channels as well as RTE1, since they are all on the same Mux2.
    I would suspect you have an aerial problem if you cannot receive Mux1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

MenloPete wrote: »
    No it shouldn't - we're talking about the Irish terrestrial channels received by aerial.

That is logical but not what was written ...
    She only has RTE 1 - had tried a retune but i dont think i did it properly - on teh 28.2 sat and she cant get any other channel - previously had all uk and irish channels

I guess the OP got somewhat mixed up between Satellite and Terrestrial channels.

Else previously there was a Sky sub which provided the Saorview channels via Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

Sorry may be in wrong place but

Found out there was a splitter that fell off and she had just put the one cable into the back of the amiko

Got the satellite tuned in fine - all bbc channels etc

But when i try to scan saoirview (on this box according to instructions i set the region to germany and do a blind scan) all i get working are rte one and junior no signal strength on other channels (shows dvb-t 570000/8mhz)

Would love to fix it myself rather than pay the ridiculous call out fee the place she got it from wants to charge

On the scan it appears to go through 57 numbers and fails most and says OK on 570008000 if any of that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

bonkers wrote: »
    Sorry may be in wrong place but

Found out there was a splitter that fell off and she had just put the one cable into the back of the amiko

Got the satellite tuned in fine - all bbc channels etc

But when i try to scan saoirview (on this box according to instructions i set the region to germany and do a blind scan) all i get working are rte one and junior no signal strength on other channels (shows dvb-t 570000/8mhz)

Would love to fix it myself rather than pay the ridiculous call out fee the place she got it from wants to charge

On the scan it appears to go through 57 numbers and fails most and says OK on 570008000 if any of that helps

If you are in the Dublin area try channels 30 and 33, all the Saorview channels are on those 2 frequencies, in the terrestrial search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Transmitter appears to be Three Rock on 546MHz and 570MHz

Check aerial cable connections on either end. Aerial might have moved or is damaged.

Is there a terrestrial tuner on the TV? If yes then plug the cable from aerial into TV and do a manual search on 546 and 570 if auto scan doesn't work.

What kind of a splitter is it? Is it a diplexer? How many cables coming in from dish and aerial?

Appears to be a revez splitter DCS onit
    Ant 5-860mhz
    sat 950-2150mhz

one cable coming in from outside

Appears to be a revez splitter DCS onit
    Ant 5-860mhz
    sat 950-2150mhz

one cable coming in from outside

That's a sat/terr combiner.

Box connectors should be labeled ANT IN and SAT/LNB IN, just match them to the splitter.

ANT is a push on connector.
    SAT/LNB is threaded.

Yea I've done that and satellite channels came in fine (now that i think of it they appeared when i did a terrestial scan somehow) perhaps i have them the wrong way around but i doubt either would attach to the wrong one

still doesnt explaint the RTE 1 only situation though

Try it without the splitter with the cable connected to the ANT connector on the box....you may need to hold it in place temporarily if the incoming cable plug doesn't match the box ANT socket (push on vs threaded)...don't force it.

Have you another box or TV to try to tune in the Irish channels or take the Amiko to another house with an aerial pointed at Three Rock.

Is the aerial accessible to check that cable is secure and aerial is still intact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement