If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65inch TV recommendations

Options
  • 30-09-2020 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a 65 inch 4K TV that offers a wide viewing range for people sitting slight off centre of the screen. Also not looking to spend crazy money as its a new house with a lot of expense already. Is there anything on the market for under €1K that may be suitable? 

Its going in a 12m long x 4mtr wide kitchen, living, dining area but will have seating within 4mtrs of it so that will be the main viewing area. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,

I am looking for a 65 inch 4K TV that offers a wide viewing range for people sitting slight off centre of the screen. Also not looking to spend crazy money as its a new house with a lot of expense already. Is there anything on the market for under €1K that may be suitable? 

Its going in a 12m long x 4mtr wide kitchen, living, dining area but will have seating within 4mtrs of it so that will be the main viewing area. 
    Thanks for the post pairofpears!

I would recommend something like the LG 65NANO866! It has a wide viewing angle as well as a great Nanocell panel which supports Dolby Vision! It also has a great smart hub and comes in just under budget at 999 euro!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204702-lg-65nano866na-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pairofpears

David,

Looks like a good TV and I was leaning towards an LG as I have been told they carry more features even at the lower price points compared to say Sony. I am not in a rush for it so am curious to find out if there would be a better price to be had with Black Friday coming soon?  

David,

Looks like a good TV and I was leaning towards an LG as I have been told they carry more features even at the lower price points compared to say Sony. I am not in a rush for it so am curious to find out if there would be a better price to be had with Black Friday coming soon?  
    Hey Pairofpears.

Both LG and Sony are great televisions.

You do get more smart content if you go for the 8 series and above Sony as they use an Android operating system and gives access to a version of the Google play store. You do pay that bit extra though.
    Sony 65XH8196 priced at 1199 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204632-sony-kd65xh8196bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

The current 2020 range of LG TV do not have any UK catch up TV apps at the moment (BBC iPlayer, 4OD etc...) This will not matter if being used in the South Of Ireland as these would have been region locked anyway and unavailable.

We are chasing an ETA from LG every day on the 65NANO with no luck just yet.
    We have several orders on these already and our UK stores also have orders mounting up. When stock arrives they will be supplied on a date or order basis so if you are interested in one it might be a good idea to place a provision order for one to get you in line for one. (You would not nee dot pay until stock is secured).

Regarding Black Friday, unfortunately we do not get our deals until the evening before they go live to avoid them being leaked :)

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Since I last enquired has a better TV been released to suit my needs but staying within my budget?

Since I last enquired has a better TV been released to suit my needs but staying within my budget?
    Hi Pairofpears.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Unfortunately all the 2020 televisions had been released when we last replied and no more new models are due until the 2nd half of 2021.

LG are still missing all the catch up apps but the pricing has been reduced on them in the run up to Black Friday.

The TV's listed above would still be the ones that suit best.

Let me know your thoughts or if there is another TV on our website that has caught your eye.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

What do you mean by catch up apps? I dont intend to have the TV attached to a satellite or freeview dish and will just use Netflix and apps like that for on demand viewing. 

What do you mean by catch up apps? I dont intend to have the TV attached to a satellite or freeview dish and will just use Netflix and apps like that for on demand viewing. 
    Hi PairOfPairs.

ALL 2020 LG Televisions do not have the like of BBC iPlayer, 4OD or any other catch up TV apps. However if you are based in the South Of Ireland you would not get these anyway as they are location locked.

They say they might add them but can't give us any more info :(

They do have Netflix, Prime, Disney + etc....

Kenny.

Hi again, 

I didnt want to start a new thread but I am looking for a speaker setup to go with this TV. The room is 12m long x 4m wide and I intend to put 2 speakers at the end of the room in the kitchen area so I can hear the tv while cooking. I have cabled for the speakers but what would be the best system to put in. 

Could I get a home cinema set up with zones created so when I needed the speakers in the kitchen I could pick say zone 2 and for all other viewing use a different zone? 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi again, 

I didnt want to start a new thread but I am looking for a speaker setup to go with this TV. The room is 12m long x 4m wide and I intend to put 2 speakers at the end of the room in the kitchen area so I can hear the tv while cooking. I have cabled for the speakers but what would be the best system to put in. 

Could I get a home cinema set up with zones created so when I needed the speakers in the kitchen I could pick say zone 2 and for all other viewing use a different zone? 
    Hi PairOfPears.

Thanks for coming back to us!

Which TV did you go for in the end?

Best way to do what you are after would indeed be an AV receiver with a 2nd Zone.
    However they tend not to put a 2nd zone on the entry level receivers.

Starting point would be the Sony STRDN1080 priced at 479 Euro (Due back into stock over the next few weeks) - It has been a very popular amp.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202643-sony-strdn1080-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

Next up would be the Yamaha RXA680 priced at 579 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203497-yamaha-rxa680-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

You could also use the likes of the Denon DRA800 which is a stereo amp that allows you to connect to it via HDMI. You could run the 2nd set of speakers on this as Zone 2 priced at 529 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204271-denon-dra800h-black-network-stereo-receiver.aspx

Do you have your own speakers or would require the speakers as well?

I have a set of 10 year old Bi-amp speakers still in the box that I will use to start with. I want to see how it all would work as I dont know how loud the cooker and extractor fan will be as its a new build. 

I havent bought the TV from you yet as I am waiting to see what happens with Black Friday regarding pricing but I would look to bundle the TV with either the Yamaha or the Denon unit and maybe some wireless speakers for use around the sofa for a cinema type sound. 

• Advertisement

I have a set of 10 year old Bi-amp speakers still in the box that I will use to start with. I want to see how it all would work as I dont know how loud the cooker and extractor fan will be as its a new build. 

I havent bought the TV from you yet as I am waiting to see what happens with Black Friday regarding pricing but I would look to bundle the TV with either the Yamaha or the Denon unit and maybe some wireless speakers for use around the sofa for a cinema type sound. 
    Hi PairOfPairs.

The Sony 1080 could not run wireless speakers for rears for home cinema and they would need to be wired back to the amp.

With the RXA you can use the MusicCast speakers as wireless rears but they still need mains powered.
    The MusicCast 20 are priced at 195 Euro each
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203532-yamaha-musiccast-20-black-voice-activated-smart-speaker.aspx

The Denon is only a stereo amp and can not recreate a home cinema sound unfortunately.
    It can however tie in with any Denon Heos products to make a multi room system much like the Yamaha MusicCast products.

If you are keeping you eye out for further Black Friday pricing just drop me a post or PM if anything else catches your fancy.

I think I would need to start with an amp for the kitchen speakers and see how the room layout sits for wiring in more speakers and where I can hide them in the room. 

I will give the site a good look this weekend to see what else I might need to do up a bundle. 

I think I would need to start with an amp for the kitchen speakers and see how the room layout sits for wiring in more speakers and where I can hide them in the room. 

I will give the site a good look this weekend to see what else I might need to do up a bundle. 
    No problem at all PairOfPears.

Let me know of anything that you come across on our site and I'll see what deals there is to be had on them :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.