Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing credit union cheque in AIB

• 30-09-2020 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

hi guys

I have money in the credit union which I want to withdraw to buy a car. The CU told me that they might not have all of the cash for me in the branch so they would give me an uncrossed cheque to bring to AIB?

Has anyone experience with this? Will i be able to get cash for the cheque straight away? I dont have time for the cash to clear.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Why don't you just get the cheque made out to the seller? I think the bank may not cash the cheque directly, and may require you to lodge it to an account

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭edunne2010

Can you not get the CU to IBAN your money to your account. A few years ago, I got my CU to transfer my loan to my bank. Handy if your CU has the same Bank and branch.

Advertisement