Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New VISA debit card - contactless not working

Options
  • 30-09-2020 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I received a replacement debit card in the past month as my previous one was expiring.
    I have withdrawn money from a Bank of Ireland ATM and made purchases with Chip & PIN, but I have not been able to use contactless payments in a multiple of retailers.

Should I request a replacement card? I would hugely prefer to conduct my shopping via contactless in the era of Covid-19. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Gingervitis, 

Thanks for your query here today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty using the contactless feature on your card. Can we ask have you received any texts or emails from our card security team asking you to confirm a transaction?

If not, we would recommend logging in on 365online.com and selecting "Service Desk" > "Ask a Question", one of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

We hope you get sorted. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi Gingervitis, 

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty using the contactless feature on your card. Can we ask have you received any texts or emails from our card security team asking you to confirm a transaction?

If not, we would recommend logging in on 365online.com and selecting "Service Desk" > "Ask a Question", one of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

We hope you get sorted. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Hi Gingervitis, 

Thanks,
    Richard
    I have not received any texts or communications confirming a transaction. I will raise the issue with the service desk.
    Thanks for the response.

Hi Gingervitis, 

Thanks,
    Richard
    I have not received any texts or communications confirming a transaction. I will raise the issue with the service desk.
    Thanks for the response.
    You're very welcome.

Thanks for chatting with us today.
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Hi, I decided to add a query to this thread rather than making a new one. My contactless payments almost 50% of the time need to be verified by pin. This kind of defeats the purpose. Is there a setting I can change?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

dirtyden wrote: »
    Hi, I decided to add a query to this thread rather than making a new one. My contactless payments almost 50% of the time need to be verified by pin. This kind of defeats the purpose. Is there a setting I can change?
    Good morning dirtyden,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear this. Depending on the retailer, once the transaction is below €50 (or €30) in some cases, you should not have to enter your PIN while using your contactless feature. If you have tapped your card multiple times in one day, you will need to complete a transaction with your PIN for the security of your card. 

If you continue to have this difficulty for amounts under €50, I would recommend logging into the 365 Online website, select Service Desk and then Ask a Question. One of my colleagues will be happy to look into this for you.

I hope this information helps and if you have any further queries please get in touch.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement