Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pixel 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Ordered mine at 19.26 on the night and just got my delivery email just now. Fear not, lads and lasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Don't worry everyone, we can all relax

My order has shipped. News of my anger clearly reached Google HQ in record time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yay, mine has shipped too, complete with case. Delivery date is Thursday or Friday. It's coming from the Netherlands with DHL. I really, really hope it does come when they say it will, as otherwise they'll probably try and deliver it on Saturday when I'm out all day and then I'll have to wait until Monday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Man i hope im not the poor sucker that who gets the early date then has to wait until mid november... lucky folks hopefully mine changes or ill have to get angry at google too :P

Bah hahaha just checked its shipped the anger works :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Just received a dispatch notification. Not due until 11th November and only ordered on the 4th October. Sage colour.

Now due tomorrow/Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

No one remember the Nexus days when google didn't sell directly to Ireland?

You used to watch your phone leave Dublin, go to Belfast to your parcel motel, and then back to Dublin late in the evening just so you could actually buy one in the country...

I don't miss them day's... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Ordered from Amazon, still no dispatch notification ðŸ™

Same here. What's your estimated delivery dates? They took the money early this morning so must be close to dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Same here. What's your estimated delivery dates? They took the money early this morning so must be close to dispatch.

Amazon account shows "Arriving 17 Oct - 20 Oct"

SachaJ wrote: »
    Just received a dispatch notification. Not due until 11th November and only ordered on the 4th October. Sage colour.

:mad:

I ordered mine on the 4th too. Still saying not dispatched and delivery due November 11th or 12th. I ordered just Black

I live in hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I ordered mine on the 4th too. Still saying not dispatched and delivery due November 11th or 12th. I ordered just Black

I live in hope

I ordered on the 1st and have the same dates. I haven't even had a pending hold on my payment :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ricksanchez

Finally shipped :cool:

Time to pull the horns in :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I ordered around 1am on the 1st of Oct should i wait till tomorrow for the bose claim or do it now?...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭redmond08

I ordered around 1am on the 1st of Oct should i wait till tomorrow for the bose claim or do it now?...

Mine is coming from the Google Store tomorrow, so I did the claim for the Bose headphones today.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I live in hope

I ordered a Just Black on the 4th also but my delivery is due November 18th - 19th :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

redmond08 wrote: »
    Mine is coming from the Google Store tomorrow, so I did the claim for the Bose headphones today.

How, do you not need the IMEI number?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Nedved85 wrote: »
    How, do you not need the IMEI number?

The dispatch email Google sends out has the IMEI number included

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

Am I Evil? wrote: »

My dispatch number only had what looked like the serial number... I put the claim in with Google for the bose cans anyway but I haven't been confirmed for them yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

djr wrote: »
    My dispatch number only had what looked like the serial number... I put the claim in with Google for the bose cans anyway but I haven't been confirmed for them yet

I had my claim validated within 15mins of entering all the details earlier on today.

• Advertisement

Am I Evil? wrote: »

Thanks, Claim submitted now.

Is everyone claiming after 14 days? I'm only 10 days into my order so reckon I should wait until Sunday.

Presumably they’ve just ran out of headphones and are holding back, and will release more stock once the time limit is up for the offer? They couldn’t have made that few phones.

Just a quick one lads. I'm moving from an iPhone. Already have my photos and contacts uploaded to Google, but wondering about apps and such. Is there a way to copy those over from the start? I know the phone comes with an OTG adapter, but I dunno if that's just for going from Android to Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Presumably they’ve just ran out of headphones and are holding back, and will release more stock once the time limit is up for the offer? They couldn’t have made that few phones.

The headphone offer is for anybody that orders before October 19th so surely they have enough phones (and headphones) in stock to meet demand?

Did everyone who has had their phone dispatched get the funds taken again well ahead of dispatch? I feel like I'm the only person who ordered on the 30th that hasn't had any movement. Still only the initial funds that were returned.

• Advertisement

Phat Cat wrote: »
    The headphone offer is for anybody that orders before October 19th so surely they have enough phones (and headphones) in stock to meet demand?

That’s what I mean, they’re showing out of stock since the initial rush on orders so I wouldn’t expect to see the phones become available to order again until after the 19th as they’re out of the headphones.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Did everyone who has had their phone dispatched get the funds taken again well ahead of dispatch? I feel like I'm the only person who ordered on the 30th that hasn't had any movement. Still only the initial funds that were returned.
    Funds haven't been taken on my end but it has been dispatched.
    Phat Cat wrote: »

If you read the T&C, the offer is so long as supply lasts, at which point something of similar value is offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

It was back in stock on the Google store a minute ago. Gone now

Edit. In stock now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

spotted it there but got an error when i put it in my cart, now showing out of stock :-/ will keep trying!

There’s a good few meh reviews that are a bit off putting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

There’s a good few meh reviews that are a bit off putting.

Yep, I have one pre-ordered but not due until November. I'm all over the place, most reviews seem to say it's overpriced and to go with the 4a variant. I'm tempted to cancel and go with the One Plus 8 Pro as it's a better all round phone albeit the camera is inferior to the Pixel.
    Decisions decisions decisions...........

cassette50 wrote: »
    Yep, I have one pre-ordered but not due until November. I'm all over the place, most reviews seem to say it's overpriced and to go with the 4a variant. I'm tempted to cancel and go with the One Plus 8 Pro as it's a better all round phone albeit the camera is inferior to the Pixel.

I'd probably have to think twice if it wasn't for the headphones. With them it's a no-brainer. Sell them for €200 and you've got the pixel for a great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

SachaJ wrote: »

All I can say is you lucky b*****d haha.

I ordered the same day, colour and was given that due date as well, and still the money is sitting in my revolut. I keep checking my phone for a notification saying the money is gone.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'd probably have to think twice if it wasn't for the headphones. With them it's a no-brainer. Sell them for €200 and you've got the pixel for a great price.

Agree completely - If I'm not happy with the phone - I'll be selling it fairly quickly and keeping my One Plus 7 Pro.

Was looking to get the Bose headphones for a while now.

I’d no interest in the headphones the more I thought about it (don’t think I’ll ever wear over-ears), and to be honest if they’d have just let me order it up to now without the headphones I’d have went ahead but these reviews have me thinking twice now. Even the camera is getting compared to OnePlus and Samsung.
    I’m definitely changing from this iPhone but an 8/128 8T may be a better option now.

Best review I've seen so far. Really excited for it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LnWtnDfIso
    Even the camera is getting compared to OnePlus and Samsung.
    I’m definitely changing from this iPhone but an 8/128 8T may be a better option now.

Not sure what reviews you've been watching, everything I've seen so far is very positive? Couldn't pay me to own a OnePlus again, the cameras are atrocious. Here's a nice comparison between the cameras

https://youtu.be/cdUZKvPebVQ?t=769

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

MKBHD video is up.

Best review I've seen so far. Really excited for it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LnWtnDfIso

Not sure what reviews you've been watching, everything I've seen so far is very positive? Couldn't pay me to own a OnePlus again, the cameras are atrocious. Here's a nice comparison between the cameras

https://youtu.be/cdUZKvPebVQ?t=769

The Verge and Mrwhostheboss to name a couple of the ones I watched this evening. It’s all very grand but meh. They both mention everyone catching up on camera too, and mkbhd does likewise in the short preview video above.

The Verge and Mrwhostheboss.

Dunno about the latter but I thought the Verge was fairly positive.

"The Pixel 5 is not an especially exciting phone, but instead of overreaching, Google focused on the fundamentals: build quality, battery life, and, of course, the camera.

Instead of trying to make a flagship, Google aimed right down the middle — and it hit the bull’s-eye.
    "

Anyway, I suppose it all depends what phone you're going from. It's not gonna be a huge leap for a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Reviews I've read are fairly meh. Camera still very good obviously but others have started catching up on that front which seems surprising. Not sure what to do now!

I have an iPhone xr which I quite like but the camera is so grainy. Had planned to love to 4a 5g or 5 for the camera but in two minds now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

cassette50 wrote: »

Overpriced in the US because of the inclusion of the mmwave 5g model for Verizon.

It's more competitively priced in other markets and UK and Ireland have the headphones thrown in as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

Late to the party, looking to upgrade my 4 year old Sumsung s7 to something with a better camera and timing looks great for this.

Is there anywhere to order the Sorta Sage model before the headphone offer expires? Google store is sold out. Vodafone seem to only have Black on pre-order.

Looks like it might not be tomorrow when my p5 arrives, according to DHL express website it's still in the Netherlands, though that timestamp was 00:00 Wednesday, so maybe it just hasn't updated yet. Does anyone else's show different?

djr wrote: »
    Looks like it might not be tomorrow when my p5 arrives, according to DHL express website it's still in the Netherlands, though that timestamp was 00:00 Wednesday, so maybe it just hasn't updated yet. Does anyone else's show different?

same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Got dispatch for mine also today. Ordered on 4th and was due for 18th-20th November but looks like it will be arriving a month before that.

I tried Vodafone twice yesterday, but they cancelled both orders for some reason. No emails etc had to go and check on their site myself. Glad that they did that now.

dan786 wrote: »
    Got dispatch for mine also today. Ordered on 4th and was due for 18th-20th November but looks like it will be arriving a month before that.

I tried Vodafone twice yesterday, but they cancelled both orders for some reason. No emails etc had to go and check on their site myself. Glad that they did that now.

Sorta Sage or Black?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Mine arriving tomorrow by 9pm ðŸ˜

Mine arriving tomorrow by 9pm ðŸ˜

My dhl tracking hadn't updated, who did you order from?

My tracking says it arrived at the Dublin sorting center this morning

• Advertisement

jozi wrote: »
    My tracking says it arrived at the Dublin sorting center this morning

Which carrier?

Advertisement