Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a keyboard for iPad Pro

Options
  • 30-09-2020 8:02pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Other than the apple offering and the Logitech one any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

godtabh wrote: »

I bought this one for the 12.9 Pro. Its slim, connected quickly and is nice and neat. Couldn't go wrong really for the price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07V5LWSN5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I also bought a sleeve for it and the keyboard fits in the sleeve pocket. Little bit of a squeeze but it does and I carry it the whole time in it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0171PKLI2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

https://www.brydge.eu/products/brydge-pro-plus-for-ipad-pro

I have used the Bridge Keyboards for a number of years. They are very good.

This new pro Keyboard has a built in trackpad too:D

No as well integrated (no smart connector) as  own offering, but trustworthy and reasonably priced. Look at the website for further keyboards without the trackpad also:D

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭drogon.

PaulT21 wrote: »
    https://www.brydge.eu/products/brydge-pro-plus-for-ipad-pro

I have used the Bridge Keyboards for a number of years. They are very good.

This new pro Keyboard has a built in trackpad too:D

No as well integrated (no smart connector) as  own offering, but trustworthy and reasonably priced. Look at the website for further keyboards without the trackpad also:D

€249.99 for a keyboard case, is reasonable ? :o

Assuming a simple redesign of the camera at the back could easily render these case useless.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

drogon. wrote: »
    €249.99 for a keyboard case, is reasonable ? :o

Assuming a simple redesign of the camera at the back could easily render these case useless.

The none + version is €120

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have the Zagg SlimBook Go (https://www.zagg.com/en_eu/catalog/product/view/id/5230/s/slim-book-go-apple-ipad-11-pro/category/355/) and it’s great. I pair it with a Logitech Pebble mouse and it’s a great setup. The case does add weight but it’s not unreasonable and it’s very sturdy. The infinite tilt angles is great for using both as a laptop and in drawing mode with the pencil. The typing experience is lovely, it has a decent backlight for the keys and a function row. Charges by USB-C too which is handy.

I wouldn’t hesitate to get it again especially since I see it’s now less than €50 direct from them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ended up getting a smart folio keyboard through this thread. Turns out though it was the wrong one!

Other than cutting it will it work? 2018 case with 2020 ipad pro?

Ended up getting a smart folio keyboard through this thread. Turns out though it was the wrong one!

Ok. iPad doesn’t fit flat but it don’t think its as bad as an thought

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

I know the original poster asked for a recommendation that didn't include Apple's own brands, but . . . sorry, I'm gonna do that anyway. I owned a smart folio keyboard for my iPad Pro 2018 and sold it to partly subsidise the purchase of a magic keyboard when it came out.

And I have to say THAT keyboard is phenomenal. It's probably the best one I own, across all my devices and desktops. If you're just tapping out the twitter message or whatever, any old keyboard will do, but if you're actually writing professionally or spending any significant amount of time typing, then the Magic Keyboard is probably the best keyboard out there by a long shot.

Sorry for the off topic ness.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Ok. iPad doesn’t fit flat but it don’t think its as bad as an thought

Don't put something on your new iPad that's not meant for it:confused:

Advertisement