Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On creating for my company an App Store

Options
  • 30-09-2020 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have 2 small companies, X and Y. Both are legal entities. I trade as X, but I pay do financial transactions with Y. Long story - nothing that's not above board - basically I have a VAT number for Y, and no VAT number for X, but need to create this app quickly. I need to create an App Store presence (and a couple of others) to build a commercial app. From Apple ... "You need to enroll as an Organisation, not as an individual. For this you will need a DUNS number, Legal Entity Status, Legal Binding Authority and a website." Can I register with company X (because that name is visible if someone subscribes to the app), but still pay with company Y. I've to register with Google Play and Stripe too. I'm guessing I need to register with company Y (the one with the VAT number)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Unless this is a very new requirement, I operated on the App Store for many years as a private individual. Probably gave my PPS as the ID as you can do this in lieu of a VAT number.

Are both of the entities Ltd companies?

If X is just a trading name, and Y is an Ltd, you could just trade as X and have everything registered via Y.

Before you get too deep though, I'd consider the long term here. You could be setting up for an accounting / logistic nightmare if you have two Ltds and everything is weirdly split between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is there a specific reason you need an app ? As in an application in either all store as opposed to a mobile first website.

Advertisement