Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

False information on the Donegal Level 3 Thread

Options
  • 30-09-2020 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

On the Donegal forum the Moderator styling himself/herself "muffler" banned me for stating that his/her claim that it was "completely illegal" for someone to travel from Cavan to Donegal. I pointed out that not only was it not "completely illegal" - but in fact was not even partially illegal as this was merely a guideline issued by the State and not a law.

This moderator disgracefully refused to rescind the ban and won't admit that his/her statement of such travel being "completely illegal" is wholly false and misleading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

In case it wasn't obvious, I am seeking to have this unjust ban overturned forthwith.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I shall alert the Region CMod to this appeal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Have you had any interactiin with muffler to try & sort this out locally?

Yes I PM'd muffler and that user refused to budge. (Even though it is indisputable that my point is factually correct that what muffler claimed was "completely illegal" is in fact in no way whatsoever illegal).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

It seems to me you were banned for starting a thread to dispute a moderators moderation which is completely against the rules. Disagreements about moderation should be done by pm, please remember that.
    I will talk to the mod and see if a ban reduction can be agreed but I definitely will uphold the ban, that behaviour is not on.

• Advertisement

OK, I have discussed this with the mod and the ban will be reduced. Please discuss moderation privately in future.

OK.

But I will add that moderators have a duty to ensure that their claims are valid before claiming that something is "illegal" when in fact it isn't.

That said I will endeavour to discuss this with them privately should such vexatious claims be made in the future.

Advertisement