Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC cases

Options
  • 30-09-2020 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Anybody know of any shops in the Dublin area that sell PC cases that you can go and look at them in person. I'm looking for a case in white with a glass side door and front. Since the new Alienware desktop is a joke to me, Im looking at building my own system myself for the first time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have a white case that I got recently and I really like it. Its not that expensive and looks really well, best advice is to go onto any website and take note of 3 or 4 you like and then youtube them so you will see the features and more importantly what its like to build the PC in them.

2 cases I recommend are the Lian Li Lan Cool 2 (come in many variants, like mesh front or non mesh front) and the Be Quiet 500DX.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

STEE wrote: »
    Anybody know of any shops in the Dublin area that sell PC cases that you can go and look at them in person. I'm looking for a case in white with a glass side door and front. Since the new Alienware desktop is a joke to me, Im looking at building my own system myself for the first time

No decent B&M shops with much of a range or any decent pricing left in Ireland these days, sadly. Do what the poster above says and buy online.

Inquitus wrote: »
    No decent B&M shops with much of a range or any decent pricing left in Ireland these days, sadly. Do what the poster above says and buy online.

Sadly, Ireland as a nation really is lacking in quality outlets for hobbies & enthusiasts unless its something incredible mainstream......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

The BitFenix prodigy range has always been a favourite and comes in white with glass panels as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭STEE

Anyone got the thermaltake view 51 tg argb snow gaming case ?

• Advertisement

STEE wrote: »
    Anyone got the thermaltake view 51 tg argb snow gaming case ?

It was on my list until I seen that Lian Li are doing the O11 Dynamic XL ROG Edition. The original 011 Dynamic is a really good case this one takes it up a notch.

Do you know of any good cases without the black border on the glass side and front ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

CJhaughey wrote: »

The black 500DX definitely has a a black frame around the side, but that's a good thing - can't imagine how fragile tempered glass would be bare.

CJhaughey wrote: »

That's a nice case ! Sorry I meant to say did you know of any good cases that are dual chambered with a glass side and front without a black border on the glass ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

528158.jpg

The Lian Li 011 dynamic is dual chambered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Looking for a good mAtx case.

Is the Q300L by cooler master good?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

case stated succinctly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I just did a build in a "be quiet!" 900.
    The 900 Pro is a little more money, but looks amazing. The "non-pro" was great to build a system in.
    I'd imagine some of their smaller towers are also awesome to work in.
    The 900 is bloody giant... huge... enormous... a piece of furniture.

But... With my head literally inside the open be quiet case... and a be quiet dark rock TF cooler... I couldn't hear the fans at all over the sound of the power supply fan in the machine I was replacing.... which was 6 feet away on the other side of the case... they really live up to the name "be quiet!"

I highly recommend their cases, power supplies, and fans of you don't want to listen to the computer while it's running.

To elaborate on my previous answer, most mATX cases don't offer a good size advantage over ATX.

Q300L is 230 x 378 x 378mm (w/h/d) (33.65L)
    Phanteks P300A is 200 x 450 x 400mm (w/h/d) (36L)

The ATX case is slightly thinner & negligibly deeper, the only dimension you'd see the difference in is height.
    But the P300A is easier to build in & will have better airflow & compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    To elaborate on my previous answer, most mATX cases don't offer a good size advantage over ATX.

Q300L is 230 x 378 x 378mm (w/h/d) (33.65L)
    Phanteks P300A is 200 x 450 x 400mm (w/h/d) (36L)

The ATX case is slightly thinner & negligibly deeper, the only dimension you'd see the difference in is height.
    But the P300A is easier to build in & will have better airflow & compatibility.

I am looking for something smaller than the NZXT S210 that I currently have with an mATX board in it.

I am looking for something smaller than the NZXT S210 that I currently have with an mATX board in it.

S210: 195x440x495.5mm / 42.51 L / 6.5 kg

Phanteks Eclipse P300A: 200x450x400mm / 36 L / 6 kg
    on OCUK
    Riotoro CR1088 Prism: 230x360x394mm / 32.62 L / 3.9 kg
    on AmazonUK / AmazonDE
    GameMax Kamikaze Pro RGB: 205x380x396mm / 30.85 L / 5.1 kg
    on CCL
    Cooler Master NR400: 210x411x411mm / 35.47 L / 5.72 kg
    with ODD / without ODD

Of those, the GameMax (mATX) probably represents the best value, but the Phanteks & CM cases only need 1-2 120mm fans added for superior thermals.
    Riotoro is a quirky case, but you might like it.

Advertisement