Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish National Road Races

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Anywhere actually giving updates? Thought by the way some were speaking that there'd be plenty of social media content with updates due to no spectatrs but im struggling to find anything other than 3 or 4 vidoes of people before they went off. Should really have a few following with facebook live or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Slap bang there are the results! I really hope the extent of updates for road races are better than this!

Was going to speculate Roche had a load of trucks pass him on his run that he came home ahead of Mullen but Mullen was a DNS it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Was going to speculate Roche had a load of trucks pass him on his run that he came home ahead of Mullen but Mullen was a DNS it seems.

Mullen in Belgium working for Mads Pedersen at the BinckBank Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭easygoing39

And Dan Martin won't be in the field for Sundays Nat Road race as he's riding Liège-Bastogne-Liège

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What a result for Conn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

https://twitter.com/cyclingireland/status/1311633414605414403?s=21

The top 2 in the under 23s went faster than the elite winner. Healy is some prospect!

Nicolas Roche had a mechnaical

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Absolutely brilliant for Conn.

Great results from the Junior women, brilliant to see Caoimhe, Eva and Lucy on the podium.
    Their road race will be exciting with added Caoimhe O'Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

MPFGLB wrote: »

Before the race as he said himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

MPFGLB wrote: »

Do you have a link or any other information, please?

E.

Also absolutely fantastic for Eve, it's amazing that she beat Kelly, Kelly has been flying all year! Savage result, she's a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Refractions

Ben Healy looks a seeerious prospect. He averaged over 51kph today, according to Strava anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,171 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Chance of showers followed by showers followed by rain for Sunday. Pretty standard Limerick weather

eeeee wrote: »
    Also absolutely fantastic for Eve, it's amazing that she beat Kelly, Kelly has been flying all year! Savage result, she's a beast.

Eve was on the news at 6 yesterday chatting. Saying this week would be a bonus but she was focused on the Olympics next year as being the big goal.

Eve was on the news at 6 yesterday chatting. Saying this week would be a bonus but she was focused on the Olympics next year as being the big goal.

I feel another Olympic gold on the way...it's mad, Katie-George and herself are by far and away our most successful cyclists - multiple European, World and Olympic champions. And they hardly get mentioned! They're absolutely incredible. What they have achieved!

*in before someone mentions Green Jersey, a fantastic achievement, but multiple aforementioned European, World and Olympic medals are savage achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Average Speeds in the TT seemed to be unreal today across all races

• Advertisement

Ben Healy looks a seeerious prospect. He averaged over 51kph today, according to Strava anyway.

Ben Healy may have been fast but have you seen the watts Kevin Mccambridge put out ...amasing wats.....must have not been very aero

Probably not a factor but seeing that it was run in a hard shoulder raised my eyebrows. I'm just used to seeing the other countries /worlds on closed roads on TV I guess but how much is traffic a factor on the times/speeds. I know I saw some discussion about TT's in the UK and there being an element of luck as to how many large vehicles passed you on your run and people not being happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭redlead

How common around Europe is it to have a national TT on a hard shoulder? I was kind of shocked to be honest. Is it cycling Ireland not putting the effort in? I see we didn't have any women at the worlds either.

redlead wrote: »
    How common around Europe is it to have a national TT on a hard shoulder? I was kind of shocked to be honest. Is it cycling Ireland not putting the effort in? I see we didn't have any women at the worlds either.

Some countries who cant get roads closed use motor racing circuits but hard shoulders I think its just us and maybe the UK sometimes that I have heard of.
    Bit of a joke really that they could not find a road that could be closed for a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

eeeee wrote: »
    I feel another Olympic gold on the way...it's mad, Katie-George and herself are by far and away our most successful cyclists - multiple European, World and Olympic champions. And they hardly get mentioned! They're absolutely incredible. What they have achieved!

*in before someone mentions Green Jersey, a fantastic achievement, but multiple aforementioned European, World and Olympic medals are savage achievements.

Have Irish women cyclists won medals at the Olympics, I wasn't aware of that, fair dues to them.

swarlb wrote: »
    Have Irish women cyclists won medals at the Olympics, I wasn't aware of that, fair dues to them.

Paralympic medals which is why you haven't heard of them. It's rare Ireland gets any kind of Olympic medal so you would have definitely heard of them if it was in the Olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Some countries who cant get roads closed use motor racing circuits but hard shoulders I think its just us and maybe the UK sometimes that I have heard of.
    Bit of a joke really that they could not find a road that could be closed for a day

I’m sure there will be Gardaí and Moto Marshalls operating rolling road blocks to traffic on the route, same as happens at any road racing in the country.

ratracer wrote: »
    I’m sure there will be Gardaí and Moto Marshalls operating rolling road blocks to traffic on the route, same as happens at any road racing in the country.

For the RR yes but the video of the TT clearly showed an open road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Is the TT distance set or does it change each year. Has the like of the '25' and '50' etc, gone the way of the dodo...

• Advertisement

Changes, no set distance

Advertisement