Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New laptop for business/Programming

2»

Comments

beauf wrote: »
    Yeah pretty all of what you quoted is all about screens. Bit one tracked.

You don't have to reply. Just ignore me :) click the ignore button.

That's my thinking alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a new laptop for me, I've started work as a contractor as I.T. Support and Software Dev...
    Intended use: programming, development,...

Do you really work all day on a 13" screen doing development?

Dell all the way, when it comes to a business spec machine.
    The next business day support cannot be matched by any other vendor on this Island.

You have to account when things go Pete Tong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

NoDrama wrote: »
    Dell all the way, when it comes to a business spec machine.
    The next business day support cannot be matched by any other vendor on this Island.

You have to account when things go Pete Tong.

That's what I was thinking. Especially if contracting.
    I've not used Dell support for a while though.
    If it's your only machine and it's work critical you might want to consider upgrading the service warranty. Im assuming as a contractor you're paying for it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Do you really work all day on a 13" screen doing development?

Of course not, I have a docking station and 2 screens

Beast of the laptop for the money

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/honor-magicbook-pro-2020-16-inch-laptop#:~:text=Final%20verdict&text=On%20the%20whole%20though%2C%20the,rounded%20and%20polished%20computing%20experience.
    this is the fastest non-workstation laptop we have tested to date The combination of a very fast processor, a capable graphics subsystem, ample system memory and a nippy SSD mean.s that this is a supremely capable laptop that will easily take on the mantle of a mobile workstation.

Advertisement