Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Current Account. Keep Credit Card Account

Options
  • 01-10-2020 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi.

As above. Want to close my current account but keep my credit card active. I assume this is possible?

How do you go about closing the current account?

Thanks,

J

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Julabo wrote: »
    Hi.

As above. Want to close my current account but keep my credit card active. I assume this is possible?

How do you go about closing the current account?

Thanks,

J

I closed mine following this...

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/close-current-account/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Julabo

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, you can certainly continue to use the credit card you have with us.

You can close your current account online with us here , just bring the balance to 0.00 before submitting request.

We hope the info helps

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

Hi Julabo

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, you can certainly continue to use the credit card you have with us.

You can close your current account online with us here , just bring the balance to 0.00 before submitting request.

We hope the info helps

Many thanks
    Alison
    Just to follow up on this. 

If i bring my account to 0.00, I assume that I will still have some fees to pay when I close the account. 

What happens then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Julabo wrote: »
    Just to follow up on this. 

If i bring my account to 0.00, I assume that I will still have some fees to pay when I close the account. 

What happens then?
    Hi Julabo,

Thanks for getting back to us. We don't apply fees when the account is being closed unless they are greater than €50. If a request is received to close an account with fees above this threshold, we contact the customer to advise of this. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement