Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bay View, Baldoyle, Dublin 13

Options
  • 01-10-2020 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Creating new dedicated thread for Bay View, Baldoyle.

Prices are starting from 410,000.

I’m wondering if it is overpriced as I’m looking to buy house for 5-6 years and sell it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Cheaper than houses in the estate tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 googleewrewr

We booked a 3 bed in Bay View (in Red Arches road) and are concerned whether the road in front of our house will be too busy? This is because I see this is the only road connecting to the DART station and to Grange Road. Anyone has info on this, please share. I like the estate somewhat but looking at their plans (saying 550 houses), I feel it is going to be crowded and Red arches road leading to the main entrance will be jammed, more than it is now as people park on the roads for some reason even if they have front parking space.

Also, will Bay View be a guarded society or open? In other words, can others use the parks inside the estate?

Additionally, does anyone know the type of internet connection, fibre or copper?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lcarrol3

We booked a 3 bed in Bay View (in Red Arches road) and are concerned whether the road in front of our house will be too busy? This is because I see this is the only road connecting to the DART station and to Grange Road. Anyone has info on this, please share. I like the estate somewhat but looking at their plans (saying 550 houses), I feel it is going to be crowded and Red arches road leading to the main entrance will be jammed, more than it is now as people park on the roads for some reason even if they have front parking space.

Also, will Bay View be a guarded society or open? In other words, can others use the parks inside the estate?

Additionally, does anyone know the type of internet connection, fibre or copper?

Thanks in advance.

Ultimately it was the parking that put us off Bay View. It won't be a gated estate and so in theory, you are expecting others not to use your parking space. It is assigned but at the end of the day its public road and there isn't anything to stop someone parking there. Having said that - there's nothing to stop someone parking in a driveway either except common decency.

These look like gorgeous homes. I can't help with any of your other queries but do wish you all the happiness in the world there. :)

There is also another very active thread called "Burrow Bay, Baldoyle" which may have more access to people who may be able to answer your queries.

@lcarrol3 They are taking 400 per year for maintenance so maybe they will have clampers preventing parking on roads. Not sure though. May I ask what other developments are you looking at if not Bay View. I do not see other better options at this price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jalikhata

Thanks in advance.

I have the same concern as well. It could be super crowded.

• Advertisement

@lcarrol3 They are taking 400 per year for maintenance so maybe they will have clampers preventing parking on roads. Not sure though. May I ask what other developments are you looking at if not Bay View. I do not see other better options at this price range.

Not outside the realm of possibility! I also drive an electric car so it just wasn't an option for us but I can see for sure why it would be an issue.

We've just signed contracts on Parkside in Balgriffin. Lower spec but also a lower price so I couldn't argue too much. Suits us down to the ground. There are more being released in December also.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

lcarrol3 wrote: »
    Not outside the realm of possibility! I also drive an electric car so it just wasn't an option for us but I can see for sure why it would be an issue.

We've just signed contracts on Parkside in Balgriffin. Lower spec but also a lower price so I couldn't argue too much. Suits us down to the ground. There are more being released in December also.

What would be the issue with the electric car ?

merikahan wrote: »
    What would be the issue with the electric car ?

You can't install a car charger to your house unless you have on curtilage parking, as the wire would have to trail across a public path and cause a trip hazard and the council would be liable for same.

I looked into posts and because it's public land you have to apply for planning permission to install one. It was just too many ifs, ands or buts for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alaq

Hi, does anyone have any idea when will the development of Duplex homes will start?
    I can see them in future development. Does anyone have any rough idea?
    It'll be helpful. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

You can't install a car charger to your house unless you have on curtilage parking, as the wire would have to trail across a public path and cause a trip hazard and the council would be liable for same.

I looked into posts and because it's public land you have to apply for planning permission to install one. It was just too many ifs, ands or buts for us.

Thanks, this clarifies lots of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭td2008

Interesting - that's a real pain

It's been so frustrating and taken a lot of houses out of the running for us! If anyone knows of a better solution I'd be very grateful if they shared :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Parkside is a better option if the DART is not a priority
    I will say though if you go to any DART station at 9 am and look at the parking within a 10 min walk it will all be gone
    I would expect Bayview to be used for parking for the DART

brisan wrote: »
    Parkside is a better option if the DART is not a priority
    I will say though if you go to any DART station at 9 am and look at the parking within a 10 min walk it will all be gone
    I would expect Bayview to be used for parking for the DART

There is no car park on the east side (bay view side) of Clongriffin dart station. So, do you still think people would park in Bay View and use the dart?

I think if people do this, they may only do in the visitor parking space as all others will be marked. Moreover, residents will soon realize that they are outsiders and complain to the management company.

After reading the contracts, I think we can surely have clampers as I learned that we have rights for our parking space even if they are on the public road.

Does anyone know of any road flooding in the vicinity?

Also, is there any issue with knackers/teenagers as there are play areas on the red arches road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rooneys

Hi all.

I am wondering if anyone here has signed contacts on a property in Bay View and if so, how long did it take to receive contracts feom the time you paid the booking deposit.

Thanks.

rooneys wrote: »
    Hi all.

I am wondering if anyone here has signed contacts on a property in Bay View and if so, how long did it take to receive contracts feom the time you paid the booking deposit.

Thanks.

Not signed yet but thinking to. It took them around a week to send the contracts but for some, it took around 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭joceadaigh

Just wondering who is the management agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IrishWhiskey

Savills I believe are the management agents. Gemma I think is supposed to be managing these but her voicemail says she is on leave at the moment.

I spoke with Shane late last year and was added to approved buyer/cancellation list.

Interestingly phase 2 of Bayview seems primed to launch sometime in February of this year, although I'm not sure if Covid construction restrictions might delay that.

However something of concern is that the Bayview listings on both Daft and MyHome are showing "POA" instead of listing the house prices like before. I assume this can only mean bad things for pricing with a potential price hike for the second phase.

I'm just not sure if they have much room to increase prices if they want to cater to the HTB scheme FTB. The 4 Bed Mid Terrace house was already 485,000 which is close to the 500,000 limit on HTB, the end of terrace 4 bed was 500,000 so at the absolute limit and then the "deluxe" I guess 4 bed end terrace was 525,000.

My worry is that they are going to push the 4 beds beyond HTB lmits of 500,000 and raise the 3 beds to something like 430,000 - 440,000 which would be a real shame and fairly overpriced despite all the housing being well made and high spec.

Anyone have any ideas about this or further info?

Phase 2 prices are out:

Swift: 415k+
    Heron: 435k+
    Jay: 500k+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭House Hunt

is that an increase from phase 1?

House Hunt wrote: »
    is that an increase from phase 1?

Yes.

Edit: Phase 1 was around 5-10k less

What were phase 1 prices? Also, does anyone know when the apartments will be built?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jamon_serrano

The prices for phase 1 were:

The Swift 410k
    The Heron 425k
    The Wren 540k
    The Jay 485k
    The Tern 500k

Impressive how much prices increase, I wish my salary or savings did the same.

EDIT: Visited the site recently, there was water accumulated on the side closer to the railroad. I hope they build a good drainage system.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Klaudia.

To people who bought in 1st phase: when do you expect to move in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Esteps93

Hey folks,

We've gone sale agreed with a property from the Phase 2 launch. I was just wondering if there's a private group of other folks who've purchased in this development? Would be great for knowledge sharing on the development/getting to know the neighbours in advance.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Klaudia.

Anyone here who bought a house in this development?

Does anyone know if/when the 1 and 2 bed apartments will be built and sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eamon001

There are material contraventions of the Fingal Local Area Plan which are density, exceeding height limitations, reduced parking, doubling of population too fast therefore unable to integrate re schools, medical facilities, social facilities…sports etc, infrastructure ie roads, traffic.

Too many 1 beds apts, likelihood of build to let rather than availability to buy, the site buffers an area of conservation, Irish water supply to the area…just a few points!

Also the risk to pedestrians and cyclists with the volume of traffic that will result from such a road and development. And add in the potential for trucks to start using longfield road/ stapolin ave and red arches road as a short cut.

The developer originally applied for around 500 units and then withdrew that application and replaced it with 3 applications for in excess of 3,000 residential units. 

The units are all to be buy to let units...

People are afraid of the traffic jams that are happening even now (!) in the present conditions. Also the fact that there is only one way in and out from the development is not great..etc etc there are many many more reasons why (now!) there are so many properties listed for sale on the coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Woah

Check out this property I found using Daft

https://www.daft.ie/new-home-for-sale/duplex-the-puffin-bay-view-at-the-coast-bay-view-at-the-coast-baldoyle-dublin-13/3660167

1 and 2 beds up. Be interesting to see how they are priced

Advertisement