Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the Playstation forum

Options
  • 01-10-2020 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭

I have replied to the moderator(johnny_ultimate) to discuss the forum banning. He has replied and indicated he is upholding his decision.

Firstly I'll start by saying I haven't had any warnings, infraction, or bans in 2 years.

Today I raised a very valid concern about the PlayStation 5. That the device has not been shown to the public yet with 6 weeks to go. I made a humorous post saying I don't even know how to power the console on 6 weeks away from its launch. I even put "lol" to show people it was a joke to say this thing is coming fast and we don't know much about.

I was immediately given an on thread warning for "console wars" stating I would be forum banned if I continued to troll.
    I was in shock, for making such a tiny comment I immediately replied to Johnny's post saying to calm down that his reaction is way over the top.

Now here I am. No cards, yellow, red. 1 on thread warning in 2 years and now I am banned.

I'll say that this moderator has a history and tendency to take everything I say, label it has console wars and treat it like it is just that.

I find there that there is a lot of hyperbole in his responses and actions. The PlayStation forum seems to be a place where you cannot raise any valid criticism of PlayStation without being labelled a console warrior and then eventually removed from the forum.

I'd just ask that my posts from today be viewed (is it really trolling???), my record reviewed, cards, infractions etc and I hope a more fair decision is reached.

To jump from no infractions or on thread warnings in 2 years to a forum ban is quite a leap. Questioning a moderator on thread, by all means I'd understand some form of warning, card etc but not a forum ban.

Thank you.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

I have and he has indicated that he is upholding his decision.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks

I will alert the CMods to this appeal

Please be prepared to share your PM correspondence with the mod with the relevant CMod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Beasty wrote: »
    Thanks

I will alert the CMods to this appeal

Please be prepared to share your PM correspondence with the mod with the relevant CMod

Thank you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've been in contact with the failsafe and the mod. Ban has been reduced to 3 months. You can mark this as resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement