Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cancelling Vodafone Gigabit within 14 days

• 01-10-2020 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭

I got VF gigabit installed less than two weeks ago. At first it was impressive, I could get speeds of 1Gb on fastcom,but now in the evenings I can barely get 30Mb/s.

The real problem is that my IPtv is buffering like crazy on it in the evenings making it unusable. Even switching to a VPN has no effect.

I had (still have for another week) 300mb UPC which is reliably consistent with no issues for IPTv or normal use. Is it possible to cancel the Gigabit within 14 days as ther is no point having faster speeds when the key usage of IPtv is unreliable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

You are inside your cooling off period so you're free to cancel if you wish. Bear in mind that Vodafone are difficult to contact so you'll probably be left on hold for ages as you try to cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

I got VF gigabit installed ,but now in the evenings I can barely get 30Mb/s.
    ?

what are you using to test ?
    there should be no drop off if you are on Fiber .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

John mac wrote: »
    what are you using to test ?
    there should be no drop off if you are on Fiber .

I'm trying the usual speed test sites such as fast and speedtest.net.

My main problem is Vodafone block and restrict IPTv. But I've solved that by paying for a good VPN. It's very disturbing though how the speeds drop so dramatically in the evening.

I'll go back to UPC after my 12-month contract is up. no point paying for a slightly cheaper package if you have to pay extra for a VPN to get around their restrictions. There might be an advantage in the higher upload speed but I've yet to find a use for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm trying the usual speed test sites such as fast and speedtest.net.

My main problem is Vodafone block and restrict IPTv. But I've solved that by paying for a good VPN. It's very disturbing though how the speeds drop so dramatically in the evening.

I'll go back to UPC after my 12-month contract is up. no point paying for a slightly cheaper package if you have to pay extra for a VPN to get around their restrictions. There might be an advantage in the higher upload speed but I've yet to find a use for that.

I'm on VDSL vodafone and never had issues with IPTV or blocking of same. I assume the routing is the same for SIRO so should be no difference

Advertisement