Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Valley dump

Options
  • 01-10-2020 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi folks
    I have a tonne bag in the garden that has a mixture of rubbish and garden rubble in it. It’s light enough that I think I can fit it into the back of car with seats down.

Anyway, will Cork dump allow me in with this kind of bag and if so how much? Never been to a dump so have no clue as to how they work?!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

4 bags = €20.

They will ask you how many bags you have..if you say 4, and you have a standard car, it's (99%) €20.

I wouldn't push the number of bags too much either though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

A full car costs €20, you can fill it to the brim. I just had a full load last weekend, great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

You need to be able to segregate the waste when you get in - rubble, garden waste and refuse have to be unloaded into different containers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

You need to be able to segregate the waste when you get in - rubble, garden waste and refuse have to be unloaded into different containers.

Ok this was the part I was unsure of, does everything go in containers? Once I remove the garden waste, Could I throw most things into the refuse then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

When you drive in, there are various skips on a lower level than the road. One each for metal, timber, garden waste, rubble ( I think) and refuse. You park alongside the ones you need and throw your rubbish over / through the handrail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Theres a free mattress drop-off there next week. My partner only has a big transit van, saw on website theyre not able to get in.. Anyone know if that's the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

If they are offering free mattress drop offs then you would like to think they will open the height barrier. Who is going to show up with a mattress in their car?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

RINO87 wrote: »
    If they are offering free mattress drop offs then you would like to think they will open the height barrier. Who is going to show up with a mattress in their car?!

Thats what i was thinking. Apparently can bring upto 3 mattresses, cant see cars arriving with 3 mattresses strapped onto top of car

Advertisement