Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint account

Options
  • 01-10-2020 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭

I want to put my wife on my current aaccount and have a joint account.can this be done online or do I have to visit a branch.She is ulster bank.im boi.
    Any help appreciated 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Brookville

Thanks for getting in touch.

Although you will be unable to add to an existing account, you can open a new joint account with us here online by clicking the Apply Now option here

We hope the above helps,

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

But why can’t you simply add another name to the account, providing proof of address etc? 
    I can’t see it taking any more time than setting up a new account would.
    Are there specific reasons why you won’t do it?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    But why can’t you simply add another name to the account, providing proof of address etc? 
    I can’t see it taking any more time than setting up a new account would.
    Are there specific reasons why you won’t do it?
    Thanks
    Hi Kewreeuss,

We're afraid it would not be possible to change a sole account to a joint account. Rest assured you can set up a joint account and close a sole account if you wish.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement