Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote Trump? Cant be on olympic team.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Basically the bulk of the left is now unconcerned with actually organising ordinary people. They’re far more interested in creating and maintaining a subculture policed by an increasingly acane jargon and set of values with everyone sh*t scared to point out basic realities because they’ll be mobbed and tarred a racist or a transphobe or whatever is flavour of the month. An atmosphere of virtue signalling, bad faith, bullying and burnout exists.

I work as a trade union organiser and if you sent half of these characters into a binman depot or a bus garage they’d be completely and utterly unable to relate to anyone in there. In 2017 I organised hundreds of African cleaners in London, do you think any of them gave a sh*te about multiple genders and privilege theory and all that rubbish? They did in their holes. They wanted decent treatment and were happy to work with black, white and Arab to achieve it.

Lefties really need to get their house in order and focus on income inequality, economic theory, and the environment.

I would argue that it is the left, and only the left, who focus on those three things.

Is this getting rediculous now. When did we decide that you have to vote liberal or else you need to be chased from your job?

We didn't. In fact, nobody did. Your implying, both in the OP and in the thread title, that this man has been targeted because he is voting for Trump. That is not the case. No matter how ridiculous the emoji nonsense is (and it is ridiculous nonsense), he's not being kicked off the team for his voting record. If I robbed a bank wearing a MAGA hat would you claim I was being jailed for being a Republican? No, because the political element is just a sideshow to the main event. Same here.
    Who f*cking cares? Seriously do you go out looking to find these things so you can get offended by people being offended? I swear you're as bad as each other.

Bingo. People (on both sides of the left / right divide) are trying to outdo themselves in terms of being lightning rods for attracting offense. Those thinking that a brown hand = blackface are guilty of it. Those claiming they're outraged by all of this are also guilty of it.

The same can be said across multiple examples in today's society. There was a thread yesterday about some clown calling for Boards to be shut down on twitter. The tweet was 3 days old, had been shared twice and retweeted once. It was practically dead, as far as social media relevance goes. Until, of course, some gobdaw started a thread on here about it and it was suddenly revived.

People need to chill TF out and take a step back from the screen, stop being told what is acceptable or not and to form their own opinions. Those being outraged at 'cancel culture' (and ironically seeking to cancel it) are as much a part of the problem as those seeking to cancel everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Feisar wrote: »
    The Black Pound, the new Pink Pound.

No, that's something different altogether..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Feisar wrote: »
    The Black Pound, the new Pink Pound.

Exactly that. When I was in England people involved in pride were getting sick of all the pretend support from companies during pride week same for the environmentalists. It's called washing dictators do it with sportwashing and companies us pride/green/black washing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Exactly that. When I was in England people involved in pride were getting sick of all the pretend support from companies during pride week same for the environmentalists. It's called washing dictators do it with sportwashing and companies us pride/green/black washing

Pride and Stonewall sponsored by BAE weapon systems, a company flogging bombs to Saudi Arabia (one of the most homophobic countries in the world) to drop on Yemeni civilians.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Whatever about his antics on Twitter, he should have been suspended for that beard.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Pride and Stonewall sponsored by BAE weapon systems, a company flogging bombs to Saudi Arabia (one of the most homophobic countries in the world) to drop on Yemeni civilians.

You have various events sponsored by conflicting companies and then you have ones that don't even give money but start adding the word pride to stuff for a week like the M&S LGBT sandwich or Sainsbury's Pride sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

What's the G in the LGBT sandwich??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

What's the G in the LGBT sandwich??

Guacamole and it was vile!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just looking at the emoticons on my android phone, the default ones that people always use are yellow.

So are we, by default, all guilty of 'yellow face'?

I see you are racist against the Simpsons now. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Tighten up university entry requirments.

Not in the top 15% of national IQ ? Well then, choose something else to do with your life.

Kicking all of these fruticakes out of university is the best way to solve the problem. Let them learn a trade and do some proper work.

Throughout history, wars were started as much to cull populations of useless people as attempts to grab resources. Wokies should take note. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why do people care so much what happens in America? It's a piece of **** country where if you break your arm you have to pay $16k. Dunno why the same people on here get so worked up about what happens over there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Wrong. It was french riders + Nico Roche and Luke Rowe (UK) who organised the BLM support on the last day. I bet most people on this thread never gave a toss about cycling until today

Eurosport (probably discovery in the background) were pushing it after Kevin Reza did an interview with Orla Chennoui. All that happened was a few riders wrote something on their face masks and then let Kevin Reza cycle at the front for a couple of minutes before being put back into the background pics by the last stage celebrations.

The Eurosport commentator was losing his **** over it as it transpired that nobody actually gave a **** bar ticking a box and getting on with life.

Eurosport (probably discovery in the background) were pushing it after Kevin Reza did an interview with Orla Chennoui. All that happened was a few riders wrote something on their face masks and then let Kevin Reza cycle at the front for a couple of minutes before being put back into the background pics by the last stage celebrations.

The Eurosport commentator was losing his **** over it as it transpired that nobody actually gave a **** bar ticking a box and getting on with life.

I think all the guys interviewed had the masks which were organised by Roche and Rowe.
    I do agree that Hatch I think it was on Eurosport made a bit too much out of it though they showed support which is good but yet he criticises it cause it's not enough for his standards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

WOKEID-19 will cause more havoc than covid.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

francois wrote: »
    Is another Trump thread neccessary?

No - we have two threads already discussing the election and others discussing Trump

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement