Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

gmisk wrote: »
    ....did you get that from breitbart or where?
    People really will believe any oul nonsense

Looks like it was just a wrinkle on his shirt! The original video was quite convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

astrofool wrote: »
    Wishing him a speedy recovery.
    There is probably nothing wrong with him, so no need to worry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Xi Jinping has sent him a get well soon message.
    On tik tok.

Globalisation has done far more damage to the environment than the few regulatory changes trump has made. It's laughable that some people seem to forget the world before trump. He is no worse -if anything his policies are probably better for the environment.

Yep, and if you examine some of these regulations you might understand why he got rid of them.

Trump's common sense policies are refreshing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I thought it was because of environmentalist policies of never clearing under growth and dead wood. And lots of arson too.

That is contributory, just like the encroachment of people into areas that were once wild.
    Once you have more housing, you have more chances of fires.

I know from actually being in fire management centre in BC Canada a heck of a lot of fires can be triggered by likes of dry lightening.
    And yes the way they can be put out can lead to bigger fires down the road.
    Years ago fires were allowed to burn out naturally but now because of where people are and economics means they have to be stopped.

But really the biggest issues are the changes to climate and weather.

Where once the fire season in North America would be the likes of May to Sept, it is starting earlier and finishing later.
    Likewise with Australia.

Droughts and dry conditions are more frequent and lasting longer.
    Clearing out undergrowth by backburning and letting small fires burn out can help, but if it hasn't rained in yonks you have still got lot of very dry fuel.

It is not alone forest fires, but the rise of the likes of the pine beattle in Canada where they have decimated forests over the last couple of decades because the winters are no longer cold enough to kill them off.

Anyway this whole different topic to that gobshyte and his covid.

I am not allowed discuss …

Globalisation has done far more damage to the environment than the few regulatory changes trump has made. It's laughable that some people seem to forget the world before trump. He is no worse -if anything his policies are probably better for the environment.

I'd imagine the positive impact of not importing from China is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

A lot of his base don't believe the virus is real.

Curious to see how they react.

Blame Soros?

I want trump to pull through because he doesn't deserve to die like this. I want to see him utterly humiliated and rot in jail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'd imagine the positive impact of not importing from China is huge.
    Not importing from China?
    They still import massive amounts from China the whole thing with tariffs etc didn't change things.
    Bar pushing up the prices of goods.
    The US still have a massive trade deficit with China and it is growing rapidly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Wishing death on people is generally considered bad form.

I think the whole trump phenomenon, has very clearly displayed the true nature of the left's attitude to morality and tolerance.

If you're not drinking the kool-aid of cultural indoctrination... the gloves are off. Nothing is off limits, and you must be destroyed at all costs!

The mask of equanimity slips rather rapidly, when faced with someone like Trump! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I'm sure he will have access to a vaccine, I mean random people do in trials, why would he not.

He'll have his vaccine pick.

Vaccines let your body build up your own immunity to prevent you getting it.

If you have already caught it then a vaccine will do nothing for you

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

UpBack1234 wrote: »
    Taking bets now that 1. He'll be conveniently asymptomatic and 2. Will emerge better than ever just in time to be swept to a 2nd term on a sympathy vote. You don't think that's what the plan is? Trump is as malignant and as toxic as a narcissist can possibly be - nothing is beneath him.

It's a giant plot, no doubt you see Mossad and Moscow organizing it all.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Xi Jinping has sent him a get well soon message.
    On tik tok.

Had to laugh.

Vaccines let your body build up your own immunity to prevent you getting it.

If you have already caught it then a vaccine will do nothing for you

Well the flu vaccine only lasts a couple of months so it really depends how long immunity lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

It is honestly bizarre.
    It's like a right wing version of the onion but real.

John Oliver did a good episode on them.
    https://youtu.be/UnSILVWDKL8

John Oliver made me lol. OAN should come with a health warning "may cause retardation", I can see why all the trump fan boys are as dumb as a stump.

Not importing from China?
    They still import massive amounts from China the whole thing with tariffs etc didn't change things.
    Bar pushing up the prices of goods.
    The US still have a massive trade deficit with China and it is growing rapidly.

I never suggested they weren't importing anything from China. I am suggesting that not doing so would be beneficial. Any decrease in trade with China is a good thing.

Well the flu vaccine only lasts a couple of months so it really depends how long immunity lasts.

The flu changes rapidly, Corona virus is more stable and variance shift is not considered a likely problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

As for Trump's policies on the environment or otherwise, if you look at them, none are any worse (or better) than any other Republican (and many Democrat) Presidents.

How many of the others pulled out of climate treaties ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I'm guessing the hydroxychloroquine didn't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I never suggested they weren't importing anything from China. I am suggesting that not doing so would be beneficial. Any decrease in trade with China is a good thing.
    Of course it would be... but it hasn't happened is my point.
    Someone already posted a long list of negative environmental impacts Trump's administration has had, he has definitely not been a good president with regards the environment.

I can see why all the trump fan boys are as dumb as a stump.
    ...and all the Biden supporter's believe they are superior.

They look down on Trump supporters and call them stupid.

They also look down on minority groups, want to keep them on benefits rather than empowering them to help themselves.

If I were looking for white supremacists I'd start with those people who think they are better than anyone else.

Those people who dislike democracy when it doesn't go their way.

I think the whole trump phenomenon, has very clearly displayed the true nature of the left's attitude to morality and tolerance.

If you're not drinking the kool-aid of cultural indoctrination... the gloves are off. Nothing is off limits, and you must be destroyed at all costs!

The mask of equanimity slips rather rapidly, when faced with someone like Trump! :pac:

lol - absolute horsesh!t. The post you quoted was aimed at me. For a start you go on to generalise me with "the left" simplly because of some anti Trump sentiment and then go on to write about the gloves being off (when it comes to Trump! ha!) and drinking the kool aid...

Are you aware of what you are writing, or was it simply to try and increase the like count of your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't see anything to get too excited about yet unless he gets very sick with it. Otherwise 2 weeks quarantine isn't that big of a deal.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311892190680014849

The use of the word "together" in caps is interesting.

Not a message for his base, more shouting at a highly reluctant wife.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I don't see anything to get too excited about yet unless he gets very sick with it. Otherwise 2 weeks quarantine isn't that big of a deal.

30 odd days out from an election?

IT is.

Boggles wrote: »
    30 odd days out from an election?

IT is.

The timing is impeccable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

...and all the Biden supporter's believe they are superior.

They look down on Trump supporters and call them stupid.

They also look down on minority groups, want to keep them on benefits rather than empowering them to help themselves.

If I were looking for white supremacists I'd start with those people who think they are better than anyone else.

Those people who dislike democracy when it doesn't go their way.

I have to question this, instead of benefits, keeping many millions of people above the breadline in defunded communities stripped of services, the modern Republican party offers them nothing but patronising 'pull up your socks' speeches.

Advertisement