Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I'm guessing the hydroxychloroquine didn't work?

He will turn that around quicker than ever if he comes out of it ok. He'll put it straight down to hydroxychloroquine...

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

So strange that people think this is a good thing. Statistically speaking he will pull through with minor symptoms and portray himself to be a hero and a strong leader who can survive this disease.

He'll use his recovery as inspiration for "opening up America and making it great again". He has met the demon and its not really that bad.

This will just create a bigger divide between the health professionals and the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

It's probably BS, just a way to get out of the debates.

My first thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Globalisation has done far more damage to the environment than the few regulatory changes trump has made. It's laughable that some people seem to forget the world before trump. He is no worse -if anything his policies are probably better for the environment.

Extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence.

Anyway, if this turns out to not be bull**** I hope the **** learns a lesson about facemasks. He's a step above people going to illegal raves in the heirarchy of tempting fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yurt! wrote: »
    I have to question this, instead of benefits, keeping many millions of people above the breadline in defunded communities stripped of services, the modern Republican party offers them nothing but patronising 'pull up your socks' speeches.
    Not true!

It offers them food parcels...which must include a letter from Trump...I wish I was joking..
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/01/trump-letter-food-aid-boxes-424230

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Yurt! wrote: »
    I have to question this, instead of benefits, keeping many millions of people above the breadline in defunded communities stripped of services, the modern Republican party offers them nothing but patronising 'pull up your socks' speeches.

Yes, reducing taxes and increasing employment really hurts them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

So potentially we have a long list of people incapacitated effectively - the President, Vice President, their direct staff, secret service, the Whitehouse staff, anyone on Air Force 1, anyone they met in the past few days (political leaders, military leaders, scientists), and the chaos that is going to ensue as people are tested, quarantined, even positive.

Every half-arsed dictator will be spooling up their armies knowing the US is effectively out of action for at least a week.

What a testament to the worst Presidency in history - the sheer carelessness of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

kowloon wrote: »
    Extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence.

Anyway, if this turns out to not be bull**** I hope the **** learns a lesson about facemasks. He's a step above people going to illegal raves in the heirarchy of tempting fate.

If your a trump fan boy you don't need evidence, you just deny the truth while at the same time making something up - it's exactly what Trump does, there is no cure for Stupidity or Covid at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

A month out from election,his taxes just released, falling in polls, a brutal debate performance, supreme court nomination ... and lo and behold Trump gets covid ..

Call me cynical but this is a total lie in my opinion, Trump is willing to spin any yarn to redirect peoples' attention in his favour. He's playing social media, the media and the American people like a fiddle especially if they believe this fabrication, Fake news to use his own mantra.

Guarantee you he will be perfectly fine by the second debate. Trump is a desperate man capable of any underhanded manoeuvre to gain momentum over his opponent. Biden can capitalise on this but needs to be careful how he does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Some of the replies here are disgraceful, cheering because someone got covid is just disgusting behavior regardless of who it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Qanon muppets claiming Trump is feigning covid ( they don't believe it exists) and has gone to ground for 2 weeks because he's about to do a)mass arrests of Democrats b)arrest Clinton c)shut down the internet d)rounding up child abusers
    e) insert loony theory of your choice here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Who's your man, and how do you know he's a lefty?

Because in American discourse there are ONLY two possible positions; one's own and THE LEFT.

If somebody disagrees with you on, say the optimum strategy for reducing homelessness, or at a more banal level, the proper direction of a local traffic one-way system, then they are "The LEFT" and bear responsibility from everything for welfare fraud to the Gulag camps to the Camobidan genocide.

Because that's the way they roll in bipolar democracies like the US and Britain. And look at the dire series of choices they leave themselves with!!!

The fact that most sentient beings in the western world are pinning their hopes on an elderly avuncular handsy old buffer who would make a lovely (if slightly inappropriate) grandad as being the only person standing in the way of an ignorant, xenophobic, capricious, impulsive, narcissistic, racist stooge gaining an extra four years tells you all you need to know.

Thank God we have a better system.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,201 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Doff wrote: »
    Some of the replies here are disgraceful, cheering because someone got covid is just disgusting behavior regardless of who it is.

Why?

Its the old moral question, if you could go back in time, what would you do? Kill Hitler? Trump isn't smart enough to be Hitler, but those in his orbit definitely are.

Outlandish? Maybe. But show 1940 Hitler to people in 1930 and they wouldn't have believed it.

As a planet, we are better off without Donald J Trump as president of the United States. If thats the result of an election, great, but if its the result of a deadly virus either, thats fine too, particularly one he has been so negligent around, both personally and as leader of a huge nation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Yeah it’s distracting people from the real problem.

Hillary’s e mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

2 planes with the codes for nuclear Armageddon, one on each coast, turned on their transponders shortly before the announcement. Thread linked below
    hmmm wrote: »
    So potentially we have a long list of people incapacitated effectively - the President, Vice President, their direct staff, secret service, the Whitehouse staff, anyone on Air Force 1, anyone they met in the past few days (political leaders, military leaders, scientists), and the chaos that is going to ensue as people are tested, quarantined, even positive.

Every half-arsed dictator will be spooling up their armies knowing the US is effectively out of action for at least a week.

What a testament to the worst Presidency in history - the sheer carelessness of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

reg114 wrote: »
    A month out from election,his taxes just released, falling in polls, a brutal debate performance, supreme court nomination ... and lo and behold Trump gets covid ..

Call me cynical but this is a total lie in my opinion, Trump is willing to spin any yarn to redirect peoples' attention in his favour. He's playing social media, the media and the American people like a fiddle especially if they believe this fabrication, Fake news to use his own mantra.

Guarantee you he will be perfectly fine by the second debate. Trump is a desperate man capable of any underhanded manoeuvre to gain momentum over his opponent. Biden can capitalise on this but needs to be careful how he does it.

A month out from the election, where his opponents strategy it to largely make it about his covid response, he pretends to have covid.

Ermmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Because in American discourse there are ONLY two possible positions; one's own and THE LEFT.

If somebody disagrees with you on, say the optimum strategy for reducing homelessness, or at a more banal level, the proper direction of a local traffic one-way system, then they are "The LEFT" and bear responsibility from everything for welfare fraud to the Gulag camps to the Camobidan genocide.

Because that's the way they roll in bipolar democracies like the US and Britain. And look at the dire series of choices they leave themselves with!!!

The fact that most sentient beings in the western world are pinning their hopes on an elderly avuncular handsy old buffer who would make a lovely (if slightly inappropriate) grandad as being the only person standing in the way of an ignorant, xenophobic, capricious, impulsive, narcissistic, racist stooge gaining an extra four years tells you all you need to know.

Thank God we have a better system.

America is a parody of Democracy, the two party system is essentially 2 sides of the same coin. Should Biden win I don't know if he can then America around, it is turning in on itself. Trump has done a lot of damage.

I agree that our system is better, even if it has flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Why?

Its the old moral question, if you could go back in time, what would you do? Kill Hitler? Trump isn't smart enough to be Hitler, but those in his orbit definitely are.

Outlandish? Maybe. But show 1940 Hitler to people in 1930 and they wouldn't have believed it.

As a planet, we are better off without Donald J Trump as president of the United States. If thats the result of an election, great, but if its the result of a deadly virus either, thats fine too, particularly one he has been so negligent around, both personally and as leader of a huge nation.

Comparing people to Hitler is the universal declaration of stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Boggles wrote: »
    A month out from the election, where his opponents strategy it to largely make it about his covid response, he pretends to have covid.

Ermmmmm.

The same man who suggested treating covid with bleach ... so yes, he's pretending to have covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Indeed.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1241874567695646721

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'm sure he will have access to a vaccine, I mean random people do in trials, why would he not.

He'll have his vaccine pick.

Vaccines work if you use them before you get sick, not when you are sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

tenor.gif?itemid=17005575

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Righty

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Why?

Omg he is literally hitler

• Registered Users Posts: 24,201 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

JJayoo wrote: »
    Comparing people to Hitler is the universal declaration of stupidity.

Ignoring comparisons is the universal declaration of naivety.

Tell me which parallels aren't valid and I'll give you a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The Simpsons were trying to tell us all...

EjUFfT_XkAAGOkt?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just to show you how tone deaf the "administration" is...Trumps header pic on Twitter is of a rally a few days back

1500x500

You'd think they would now realise their culpability in spreading this disease with their rallies.

Herman Cain, i'm sure, would posthumously understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hopefully, he doesn't die, but people coming out with overt displays of concern for his health are taking the piss. There's been over a million deaths from this, not to mention all the people seriously damaged; why so much worry for someone who personally took fcuk all in the way of precautions it and obstructed efforts to control it in his entire country?

Hopefully, he learns a lesson and cleans up his act for the remaining three months of his presidency before he's dragged out of the White House like the whiny bitch he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

"It is what it is"

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭josip

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'm as much a trump fanboy as they get but there's no way he's just 17 stone. He's tall and heavyset.

'Heavyset', reminds me of Madame Maxime from Harry Potter, "I 'ave big bones."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

reg114 wrote: »

A plausible theory.

Look at me, I'm 74, overweight, I got the virus and now I'm fine. That pussy Biden hid in his bunker for months whinging about it when it was nothing. Why are the American people listening to these whingers trying to destroy our economy and shut our liberties down? Covid isn't a problem, I am living proof of that, vote for me.

Advertisement