Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Herman Cain, i'm sure, would posthumously understand it.

He wouldn't. He was as thick as bottled shít, it's why he is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

endacl wrote: »
    "It is what it is"

;)

Is this something trump says, or...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

gmisk wrote: »
    Zero shock he is a scumbag.
    It shows how deeply divided the US is when he got so many votes the last time around and will again this time.

He targets the weak and vulnerable. He views illness and disabilities as a weakness.

The man is a deranged creep. **** him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No.

I wish him a speedy demise and her a long while of chronic fatigue syndrome for enabling him.

There are good people in the world, bad people, selfish people, sociopathic people, immoral people. Trump is a combination of all the worst characteristics. Yes, he's probably the product of a cruel family and yes the American political system is so broken that it resulted in him being a candidate in the first place. But, irrespective, he's there now and the effect of his presence is an existential crisis to a major world democracy, historical ally of western Europe and nuclear power. It would be fanciful, at this point, to put faith in a clearly compromised electoral system, decentralised and clientilist, to get him out.

And so, it is better for everyone, including his own tortured family, that he be dead. Better that Mike Pence fight the election as a straightforward ultra Conservative Republican and let that be the contest.

Or, now that I think of it, Trump could be fine and this could be step one in the ruse to delay the election, perhaps indefinitely. I wouldn't put it past him and his people.

You surely would have been a Priest in Letterfrack in another lifetime.

Nowadays ye become activists but the personality type remains.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

blanch152 wrote: »
    A plausible theory.

Look at me, I'm 74, overweight, I got the virus and now I'm fine. That pussy Biden hid in his bunker for months whinging about it when it was nothing. Why are the American people listening to these whingers trying to destroy our economy and shut our liberties down? Covid isn't a problem, I am living proof of that, vote for me.

If he has it for really you would expect that the consequences will be serious for some one his age with his diet/life style.

If he doesn't actually have it then it will be a set up to stitch up Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

blanch152 wrote: »
    A plausible theory.

Look at me, I'm 74, overweight, I got the virus and now I'm fine. That pussy Biden hid in his bunker for months whinging about it when it was nothing. Why are the American people listening to these whingers trying to destroy our economy and shut our liberties down? Covid isn't a problem, I am living proof of that, vote for me.

I think a lot of people are mistakenly giving trump supporters too much credit and thinking they have enough intelligence to connect the dots - a few months ago he was calling it a hoax and now he has it and it's no big deal. What you say certainly is plausible and definitely something he would do. The trump supporters will just ignore the 200k deaths and convince themselves it's no worse than a runny nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭DeadHand

One of the manifold hypocrisies we see from many of those who profess to be progressive, here and elsewhere, is the malicious glee with which they react when their perceived political enemies suffer serious illnesses or other personal maladies.

Hypocritical because many of the same people claim to be informed in their political outlook by tolerance and compassion. Indeed, they will excoriate the “other side” for, in their own narrow view, lacking these virtues.

We saw a similar proud outpouring of spite from the same quarters when Boris Johnson took ill.

Some who have contributed to this thread would benefit from honest introspection and, perhaps, to put political comment aside until they have their own emotional house in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Hilarious.

All of the 2020 re reg's on this thread being upset at comments about Trump getting Covid.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    He targets the weak and vulnerable. He views illness and disabilities as a weakness.

The man is a deranged creep. **** him.
    Look I don't entirely disagree.... but there is no point in dragging yourself down to his level, rise above it.
    People would do well to just concentrate on getting him ousted. Concentrate on the awful hash him and his administration have made of their time in office, the corruption etc. I think much more helpful in the long run.

Danzy wrote: »
    You surely would have been a Priest in Letterfrack in another lifetime.

Nowadays ye become activists but the personality type remains.

See a lot of this being posted, but given most of the Trump supporters on here either
    Religiously follow conspiracy theorists.
    Post in the Christianity thread about their faith in god and the evils of the left.
    Post opinions that often echo Catholic beliefs regarding homosexuals, women etc.
    Or in some cases do all three, it's a stupid comparison for them to make, but self awareness isn't their strong point.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Tony EH wrote: »
    Hilarious.

All of the 2020 re reg's on this thread being upset at comments about Trump getting Covid.

:pac:

The silent majority.

I hope he gets well soon.

4 more years.

DeadHand wrote: »
    One of the manifold hypocrisies we see from many of those who profess to be progressive, here and elsewhere, is the malicious glee with which they react when their perceived political enemies suffer serious illnesses or other personal maladies.

Hypocritical because many of the same people claim to be informed in their political outlook by tolerance and compassion. Indeed, they will excoriate the “other side” for, in their own narrow view, lacking these virtues.

We saw a similar proud outpouring of spite from the same quarters when Boris Johnson took ill.

Some who have contributed to this thread would benefit from honest introspection and, perhaps, to put political comment aside until they have their own emotional house in order.

XbcNuvv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I think a lot of people are mistakenly giving trump supporters too much credit and thinking they have enough intelligence to connect the dots - a few months ago he was calling it a hoax and now he has it and it's no big deal. What you say certainly is plausible and definitely something he would do. The trump supporters will just ignore the 200k deaths and convince themselves it's no worse than a runny nose.

The China virus was a hoax. Until the Clinton Foundation heard about it and decided to engineer an actual virus. The files containing the instructions for building it are on Hillary's email server.

Obviously. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Joe Biden undergoing a COVID test later this morning according to CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Has Pence been in contact with him and is he being tested?

I don't want to wish harm on any of them, but the idea of Nancy Pelosi behind the desk in the Oval Office in the run up to the election is just too appealing...

From twitter:

".... looks like RBG won her first argument with God."

Unlikely, seeing as how he's been careful about wearing masks, not attending rallies etc.

Biden has taken the threat of Covid seriously, unlike Trump and his entourage.
    Trump literally mocked him at the debate for wearing a mask when out and about.
    You really couldn't make it up.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I am none of those except a Trump supporter.

You're not.

You are a lad in Ireland probably Mayo pretending to be on the internet.

How in the name of Jesus do you support him, have you sent him money?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'm...lgbtq+ etc.

Like Eric Trump?

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1310915882483359751

Everyone has been saying it about Trump.
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
    Everyone really?
    I haven't and I would say the vast majority haven't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Indeed...

Calling dead soldiers 'suckers and losers', mocking Hillary Clinton for getting pneumonia, remarking that 200k Americans dying of Covid "Is what it is", his wife wearing a jacket emblazoned with 'I don't care, do u?' whilst visiting kids in cages etc., etc...

When it comes to empathy, what's good for the goose, truly is good for the gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Righty wrote: »
    Wishing the virus on them is seriously messed up, I imagine you like the whole Putin ideology of taking out anyone who doesn't agree with your political beliefs

What do you expect some from the side that claims to be loving and tolerant, but is everything but loving and tolerant.

They're in love with the idea of looking loving and tolerant. Just not too keen on actually being loving and tolerant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Billy Mays wrote: »

He looks like he time traveled from the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Ugh, the worst one on the list :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Everyone?

Why lie man?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

gmisk wrote: »
    Trump literally mocked him at the debate for wearing a mask when out and about.
    You really couldn't make it up.

https://twitter.com/justdelossantos/status/1311896628916150274

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I really hope the Trumps recover. I have no interest in taking the low road here. That would be a Trumpian thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

Phoebas wrote: »
    Has Pence been in contact with him and is he being tested?

I don't want to wish harm on any of them, but the idea of Nancy Pelosi behind the desk in the Oval Office in the run up to the election is just too appealing...

Pence is immune since he's made of styrofoam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'm an atheist, pro choice, moderately liberal towards marriage and lgbtq+ etc.

Confused then is what you are. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Anyone who believes this for a second needs their head examined. The timing is beyond fortuitous.

Advertisement