Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Anyone who believes this for a second needs their head examined. The timing is beyond fortuitous.

Yup. October surprise comes to mind.

I wouldn't trust a word that comes out of the Trump camp, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Boggles wrote: »
    You're not.

You are a lad in Ireland probably Mayo pretending to be on the internet.

How in the name of Jesus do you support him, have you sent him money?

Yes, I have sent money, have bought the merch, had the bumper stickers on my pickups and cars etc. A lot more "support" than I'd wager anyone here has for Biden.

Me being in Ireland is not surprising considering this is an Irish board. Although Mayo is a 3 hour commute each way from my house!

Confused then is what you are. :pac:

That I am :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,434 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

What annoys me is if he gets sick and survives it will be thanks to access to the kind of high quality healthcare he is trying desperately to deny others. Plenty of whom oddly enough vote for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Anyone who believes this for a second needs their head examined. The timing is beyond fortuitous.

and now days of news on Trump, the people who wish him dead etc etc Trump, Trump, Trump

Its a narcissists wet dream..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

breezy1985 wrote: »
    What annoys me is if he gets sick and survives it will be thanks to access to the kind of high quality healthcare he is trying desperately to deny others. Plenty of whine oddly enough vote for him

Oh, he'll come through all right, statistically he'll recover. And then he'll make a song and dance about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes, I have sent money, have bought the merch, had the bumper stickers on my pickups and cars etc. A lot more "support" than I'd wager anyone here has for Biden.

That would be illegal.

Also how many pickups and cars have you?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm going to assume that this is legit until I hear otherwise.

Unfortunately, this administration has been the least honest one in living memory - they lie about the stupidest of things. This invites a lot of justified skepticism so I can see how people might think that this is made up.

However, if it is made up, it won't be long coming out. This administration leaks like a sieve and if there is anything dodgy about this, it's only a matter of time before it gets out.

They can't be unaware of this possibility and I doubt that even this administration would risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Everyone has been saying it about Trump.
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Everyone, really?
    I want him to survive so he can go to prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Me being in Ireland is not surprising considering this is an Irish board. Although Mayo is a 3 hour commute each way from my house!

Ah, a Sligo man so.

I think that we should be fairer to the West and maybe use some of the EU structural funds to build some roads, or if not roads, then at least to buy some faster donkeys for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭LAZYIRISH

He's not sick not believing it for a minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Not sure I believe it. He can basically go underground for a month, and nobody is talking about his tax, Covid deaths and the mass job losses.

If he actually has it his obesity and age are big risk factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Boggles wrote: »
    30 odd days out from an election?

IT is.

No more train wreck debates though......might help on a re-election

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

DubInMeath wrote: »
    See a lot of this being posted, but given most of the Trump supporters on here either
    Religiously follow conspiracy theorists.
    Post in the Christianity thread about their faith in god and the evils of the left.
    Post opinions that often echo Catholic beliefs regarding homosexuals, women etc.
    Or in some cases do all three, it's a stupid comparison for them to make, but self awareness isn't their strong point.

I'm not religious, my point is regarding a personality type, the type obsessed with control, judgement, snobbery righteousness.

They're outlet now is in activism.

It's immaterial to politics, it's the personality type, the psychological need.

The Middle Class Jesuit Priest ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭greenfield21

6 wrote: »
    Not sure I believe it. He can basically go underground for a month, and nobody is talking about his tax, Covid deaths and the mass job losses.

Because when trump's not there the media can't talk about him. I don't get it. This changes nothing. I also can't see how this helps trump other than having immunity which biden has yet achieve to see if he would come out the other side like trump ( if he does)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

The China virus was a hoax. Until the Clinton Foundation heard about it and decided to engineer an actual virus. The files containing the instructions for building it are on Hillary's email server.

Obviously. Duh.

You may have lost your sense of taste and smell, but not your sense of humour obviously.

Has the bleach worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

6 wrote: »

They're big risk factors but he is still far more likely to make a full recovery than not. I can imagine his line then will be that coronavirus is no big deal just similar to a cold. He was right all along to oppose the restrictions, masks etc.

Because when trump's not there the media can't talk about him. I don't get it. This changes nothing. I also can't see how this helps trump other than having immunity which biden has yet achieve to see if he would come out the other side - that's if trump does.

Wise up - this changes everything..

First of all the news will be dominated by Trump having COVID (Conveniently the news was released on a Friday morning, always a good time in the news cycle for this sort of thing).

Then we are going to have a couple of days of debate on those that wish him harm and how ethical it will be. Expect this to continue until the end of the week.

Meanwhile Trump is free to tweet whatever insane BS he wants (He won't ever be too sick to do that - mark my words - no chance).

Some more time will be wasted on whether or not the remaining debates should be rescheduled. It will turn out too difficult and one or both will end up being cancelled.

All the while this goes on, nothing other than Trump is being spoken about. He will absolutely love it. Even if this wasn't planned, it will be fully milked for maximum gain.

All at a time when there are so many negative news stories (genuine ones, such as his tax, how he polling, the sh!t show that was the first debate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

gmisk wrote: »
    Trump literally mocked him at the debate for wearing a mask when out and about.
    You really couldn't make it up.

Really? Seems like one of the more straightforward scenarios you could think of happening tbh.

Was there an imagination virus going around too? :p

It does look a bit weak from a potential future president to be wearing a face mask outdoors while walking around though. Many Americans don't like that image... it displays fearfulness in many people's eyes, rather than strength and courage.

Whether you like it or not, many Americans will vote for the candidate that they feel portrays the most confidence and strength. Particularly in the face of adversity. That candidate was Trump in the last election, and the current rhetoric suggests it's still very much the same dynamic this time around too.

The media ridicules Trump in an attempt to make him look foolish... but in effect what they are really doing is laughing at his supporters, just like the media laughed at the brexiters. Look how that always turns out - and they haven't learned their lessons from the past, as they're still going full on into ridicule mode! It's the only card they know how to play, and it isn't working! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

LAZYIRISH wrote: »
    He's not sick not believing it for a minute

Has he claimed to be sick? Most people won’t even know they have had Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

joe40 wrote: »
    They're big risk factors but he is still far more likely to make a full recovery than not. I can imagine his line then will be that coronavirus is no big deal just similar to a cold. He was right all along to oppose the restrictions, masks etc.

Trump has proven time and again he doesn't let facts or the truth get in his way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

What would happen in a scenario where one of the candidates passes away before election? It it a new election campaign, or does the vice run for president?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Danzy wrote: »
    I'm not religious, my point is regarding a personality type, the type obsessed with control, judgement, snobbery righteousness.

They're outlet now is in activism.

You're very young so.

Look up Mary Whitehouse or the PMRC.

This kind of thing has been going on a LONG time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This is a big story and it will dominate the news for weeks to come.

Certainly the most interesting thing to happen to a sitting President since Reagan was shot.

It will have an impact, what that is..

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

The positive potential of this is huge, if Trump is back up and running at full speed in two week, the Covid19 panic merchants are out of business, Hydroxychloroquine will be back on the menu for everyone worldwide, and the pandemic will be as good as over by November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Trump is from good German/Swedish stock and a solid RhNegative blue blood (royal bloodline), most likely (O-) and running at 116/70.

He'll be back.

It does look a bit weak from a potential future president to be wearing a face mask outdoors while walking around though. Many Americans don't like that image... it displays fearfulness in many people's eyes, rather than strength and courage.

Whether you like it or not, many Americans will vote for the candidate that they feel portrays the most confidence and strength. Particularly in the face of adversity. That candidate was Trump in the last election, and the current rhetoric suggests it's still very much the same dynamic this time around too.

Absolutely and they got exactly who they deserved as a result.

The media ridicules Trump in an attempt to make him look foolish... but in effect what they are really doing is laughing at his supporters, just like the media laughed at the brexiters. Look how that always turns out - and they haven't learned their lessons from the past, as they're still going full on into ridicule mode! It's the only card they know how to play, and it isn't working! ;)

Nah - jokes on all of us - arguing the toss and allowing this polarisation BS to continue.

It's all working out perfectly.

wanky winky ;) face x 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

da_miser wrote: »
    The positive potential of this is huge, if Trump is back up and running at full speed in two week, the Covid19 panic merchants are out of business, Hydroxychloroquine will be back on the menu for everyone worldwide, and the pandemic will be as good as over by November.
    Just like Trump the majority of that is utterly delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Trump is from good German/Swedish stock and a solid RhNegative blue blood (royal bloodline), most likely (O-) and running at 116/70.

He'll be back.

Pretty sure his BP is 121/79, according to the WH medical report.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Are people suggesting that either;

A. He is faking the diagnosis in order to avoid debates, public appearances etc

or

B. He intentionally infected himself in order to avoid debates, public appearances etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Computer says no.
    As the coronavirus pandemic continues, a growing share of Americans say they are regularly wearing a mask or face covering in stores and other businesses. More than eight-in-ten U.S. adults (85%) say they have done so all or most of the time over the past month,

Advertisement