Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Tony EH wrote: »
    You're very young so.

Look up Mary Whitehouse or the PMRC.

This kind of thing has been going on a LONG time.

That personality type is always present, the sides it is on changes to avail of the outlet presented.

Nowadays Mary Whitehouse would have been a Corbynista.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Trump is from good German/Swedish stock and a solid RhNegative blue blood (royal bloodline), most likely (O-) and running at 116/70.

He'll be back.

https://youtu.be/BE5TdbijIeo?t=6

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Danzy wrote: »
    That personality type is always present, the sides it is on changes to avail of the outlet presented.

Sure she would have....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Mmmmm...no.

Trump is from good German/Swedish stock and a solid RhNegative blue blood (royal bloodline), most likely (O-) and running at 116/70.

He'll be back.

He's also pretty obese and has an incredibly sedentary lifestyle. Far healthier people have been killed by it..

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    Mmmmm...no.

She would have adjusted her belief system to avail of the ability to judge and preach others, in public and at her middle class dinner parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

She would have adjusted her belief system to avail of the ability to judge and preach others, in public and at her middle class dinner parties.
    The word "adjusted" is doing a lot of work.
    So completely changed pretty much every view she had...lol.
    What a load of absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Mmmmm...no, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I've a feeling it's to get out of the debates.

Even if he does have it he will have the best of healthcare so he'll be fine. I can guarantee you he'll be saying something along the line of "if you don't overcome it you're a weakling" after getting over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

She happy because she just loves the sexytime and doesn't care about the money

I'm reminded of that scene from Sex and the City when Samantha slept with some old wealthy guy because he showered her with expensive jewelry but she ran for the hills in horror when she saw his saggy ass getting out of bed heading for the bathroom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

He's also pretty obese and has an incredibly sedentary lifestyle. Far healthier people have been killed by it..

The BP was slightly off, taken from quote a few years prior, still fairly 'normal'.

A little overweight isn't the same as obese (25-27% of all folks in Ire & uk are 'obese' fwiw).

None the less, us RhNegative blue bloods (O-) tend to swap off the China Flu's like a flying bug.
    The BAMEs on the otherhand...

In the meantime save your prayers for Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Are people suggesting that either;

A. He is faking the diagnosis in order to avoid debates, public appearances etc

or

B. He intentionally infected himself in order to avoid debates, public appearances etc

I doubt it, if either leaked (from a very leaky White House) it would be game over completely. I'd expect him to have made a full recovery by the time the next debate comes around, if it gets more serious for him (a la Johnson), then we'll know by Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Boggles wrote: »
    Computer says no.

Hasn't trump worn a mask indoors on occasions too?

I think I remember him wearing one with a presidential seal on it? It's fairly impractical for someone with his type of job description to be wearing one anyway - as we can clearly see during the debates.

Anyway, that's indoors... I was referring to outdoor wearing of masks. You seem to have misread my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

He'll be back.

Serious question on the O Neg blood group, what's the thinking behind it? I'm in that group though certainly not royalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The BP was slightly off, taken from quote a few years prior, still fairly 'normal'.

A little overweight isn't the same as obese (25-27% of all folks in Ire & uk are 'obese' fwiw).

None the less, us RhNegative blue bloods (O-) tend to swap off the China Flu's like a flying bug.
    The BAMEs on the otherhand...

In the meantime save your prayers for Joe.

Is this the same Joe who you predicted would withdraw from the election race due to bad health?

Lol.

Seamai wrote: »
    Serious question on the O Neg blood group, what's the thinking behind it? I'm in that group though certainly not royalty.
    Not from the Rhesus Monkey Genome

As an example take a look at all the current sitting royal wans across the water, charlie and the dull young pair are all RhO-.
    Could be a bit of folklore attached to it also, across hundreds or thousands of years across European royal families, clanships and antiquity.

If he gets over this very easily he will declare covid big nothing burger.

gmisk wrote: »
    The word "adjusted" is doing a lot of work.
    So completely changed pretty much every view she had...lol.
    What a load of absolute nonsense.

Yes she would have,

There was no one as anti Republican in the 70s as many Sticks and there was few as virulently anti left in the 90s as many Sticks.

It's the personality type, not the individual.

If he gets over this very easily he will declare covid big nothing burger.

If you want a big something burger in Cork, go to fat badgers. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

6 wrote: »
    What would happen in a scenario where one of the candidates passes away before election? It it a new election campaign, or does the vice run for president?

The party in question can just nominate another candidate. They don’t have to go through Primaries, they just pick someone (they’d already have a contingency list prepared). The problem here is that the ballot papers have already been printed, and there wouldn’t be enough time to print and distribute new ones, so names of the current candidates would be on it. I’m nor sure of that means that voters would have to write in the new candidate’s name themselves or not.

Anyway, the real issue isn’t so much what the people vote for, it’s what the Electoral College votes for. They could decide to convert Trump votes to his appointed replacement (or not) - but the rules and legality for doing that would depend on the State, so it would get very messy.

• Advertisement

Is this the same Joe who you predicted would withdraw from the election race due to bad health?
    Plenty of time until Nov 3 if/when Joe get's it.
    Still in favour of this scenario occuring, with KH to replace as soon as she can.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've a feeling it's to get out of the debates.

Why would anyone think that, it's not like it was unexpected, just look at the debates from when he first ran.

I think it's more likely he's going to say the reason himself and Melina were asymptomatic is because of x,y or z, isn't he taking some malaria drug daily so he wouldn't end up symptomatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Are people suggesting that either;

A. He is faking the diagnosis in order to avoid debates, public appearances etc

or

B. He intentionally infected himself in order to avoid debates, public appearances etc

No I think people are just suggesting that the guy is a complete imbecile/clown and an embarresment to most americans apart from gun toting knobs

The party in question can just nominate another candidate. They don’t have to go through Primaries, they just pick someone (they’d already have a contingency list prepared). The problem here is that the ballot papers have already been printed, and there wouldn’t be enough time to print and distribute new ones, so names of the current candidates would be on it. I’m nor sure of that means that voters would have to write in the new candidate’s name themselves or not.

Anyway, the real issue isn’t so much what the people vote for, it’s what the Electoral College votes for. They could decide to convert Trump votes to his appointed replacement (or not) - but the rules and legality for doing that would depend on the State, so it would get very messy.

Presumably the ballot would stand and the vp would be elevated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Imagine being happy someone has caught this virus.

Those of you taking delight in this are disgusting people.

Yes, thats the new left, and why so many people including myself have left the left and will vote for Trump.

Tulsi Gabbard class act that she is ....

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1311922539665526784?s=20
    Democrats needs more people like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Anyway, that's indoors... I was referring to outdoor wearing of masks. You seem to have misread my post.

No it was perfectly clear.

You said Americans wouldn't react well to seeing a leader wear a mask.

85% of Americans are now wearing masks.

Leader

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yes, thats the new left, and why so many people including myself have left the left and will vote for Trump.

Tulsi Gabbard class act that she is ....

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1311922539665526784?s=20
    Democrats needs more people like her.

Trump is saying to himself

"who the fúck is Tiffany"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I think the whole trump phenomenon, has very clearly displayed the true nature of the left's attitude to morality and tolerance.

If you're not drinking the kool-aid of cultural indoctrination... the gloves are off. Nothing is off limits, and you must be destroyed at all costs!

The mask of equanimity slips rather rapidly, when faced with someone like Trump! :pac:
    It's also a grotesque form of virtue signalling, for some

Ahh FFS I am tired of this American polarisation shytology.

According to some around here I would be a candidate for the Waffen SS, what with my views on dodgy asylum seekers, travellers, wasters on welfare, dangers of islamification, tougher sentences on scumbags, the joke that is now self identifying genders, etc.
    So good luck labeling me a leftie, SJW, virtue signaller, incel, cis something, or some other shyte term from America.

But FFS Trump is a joke, he has dragged America back decades, he is dangerous because he makes the situation even worse driving people to the far right and the supposed "far left" or more corrrectly called looney land.

America never really had a far left and what some now call the far left are a bunch of ar**holes, be they antifa, BLM, a gender for everyone mentality, open borders for all, etc.
    Hell what is now termed the left is not left at all because they don't give two shytes about ordinary people.
    I will just refer to them are eejits.

Trump is not the saviour against any of these and their lunacy.
    As has been seen with his low taxes, his refusal to openly discuss them, he has nothing in common with the working man or working woman.
    Trump is using the fear of the above, he is stoking the fires, he is creating bogeymen just to make up for the fact he has really nothing to offer.

And the gullible are falling for it.
    I can easily forgive working people voting for him the last time, as firstly Clinton offered nothing and a lot of these people are now desperate for someone offering anything, and they had been forgotten by a self serving elite, but if they vote for him again then they really are equally as moronic as the bible bashers, the white supremacists and the rest of the right wingers.
    Oh he is a self serving elite as well, he just plays it differently.

ELM327 wrote: »
    For Biden, same!

I am none of those except a Trump supporter.
    I'm an atheist, pro choice, moderately liberal towards marriage and lgbtq+ etc.

How the fook can you square that circle ?
    Trump is enabling the right wing ultra backwards illiberal religious rump of America.
    Even if he doesn't personally stand for the stuff himself he hugely helping those that do by his surpeme court moves.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Boggles wrote: »
    Trump is saying to himself

"who the fúck is Tiffany"?

His daughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Advertisement