Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump exhibiting mild cold like symptoms and is lethargic according to the NYT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Really? Seems like one of the more straightforward scenarios you could think of happening tbh.

Was there an imagination virus going around too? :p

It does look a bit weak from a potential future president to be wearing a face mask outdoors while walking around though. Many Americans don't like that image... it displays fearfulness in many people's eyes, rather than strength and courage.

Whether you like it or not, many Americans will vote for the candidate that they feel portrays the most confidence and strength. Particularly in the face of adversity. That candidate was Trump in the last election, and the current rhetoric suggests it's still very much the same dynamic this time around too.

The media ridicules Trump in an attempt to make him look foolish... but in effect what they are really doing is laughing at his supporters, just like the media laughed at the brexiters. Look how that always turns out - and they haven't learned their lessons from the past, as they're still going full on into ridicule mode! It's the only card they know how to play, and it isn't working! ;)

“I hate them so much! Why won’t they love me” - Homer Simpson.

That could be Trump or the media. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Judging by the picture Biden is still gut laughing uncontrollably.

AfgzWVE7_400x400.jpg

Yeah, yeah, hope he gets better, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Wonder what Trump would say if the tables were reversed!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Boggles wrote: »
    You're not.

You are a lad in Ireland probably Mayo pretending to be on the internet.

How in the name of Jesus do you support him, have you sent him money?

Hey I take that as an insult sunshine.
    I would say most Mayo people want a "Mayo man" Joe Biden in the white house.

BTW dibs on the idea of a Biden Plaza outside Bohola. :D

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump exhibiting mild cold like symptoms and is lethargic according to the NYT.

That's not good, so looks like he has it and feels it rather than having it and never knowing it. He's in for a wild ride in that case, next 8 days are vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

jmayo wrote: »
    Hey I take that as an insult sunshine.
    I would say most Mayo people want a "Mayo man" Joe Biden in the white house.

BTW dibs on the idea of a Biden Plaza outside Bohola. :D

Most Mayo people also want Sam Maguire

Doesn't look like happening anytime soon :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

No it was perfectly clear.

You said Americans wouldn't react well to seeing a leader wear a mask.

85% of Americans are now wearing masks.

Leader

Yep, as I suspected you misread my post. (It appears perhaps deliberately, as you seem a bit desperate to quote mask wearing stats for the general public!:pac:)

Besides, what image citizens portray themselves and what they expect from the leader of their country do not always match up symbiotically. You only need to look at the actions of many liberals to see that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

That's not good, so looks like he has it and feels it rather than having it and never knowing it. He's in for a wild ride in that case, next 8 days are vital.

Is it day 5 when symptoms appear and day 10 if things are going to go bad.

On average.

I presume he is tested daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Not from the Rhesus Monkey Genome.

OT, but human blood types and Rh factor didn't come "from" the Rhesus Monkey Genome. It's merely that Rhesus Monkeys were used in the experiments that discovered this blood type, and so the name was used. Rhesus Monkeys ancestors and human ancestors diverged 25 million years ago, so none of us evolved from them.

https://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/rhesus-factor-evolution

It's not that someone who is O+ has more "Rhesus Monkey genes" than someone who is O-.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Fair play to Joe. That's all he needed to say publicly on the matter.

Inside i'm thinking he's saying i hope he doesn't die or they might put Pence forward.

Besides, what image citizens portray themselves and what they expect from the leader of their country do not always match up symbiotically.

Of course it is, that's why every leader in the world that isn't a fúcking loon wears one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

What's all this talk about 14 day isolation period? My understanding is that that would be for people who are a close contact of a positive, who are waiting out the delayed onset of the disease.

I thought that once you have a positive test, you can stop isolation after 10 days after either the test or the onset of symptoms once you are not symptomatic anymore.

I'm puzzled as to how the media has such a poor understanding of the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

gmisk wrote: »

I'd say his blood group is fecking ragu

Cheers :D. This gave me a real chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Classy from the left. He's Antifa too isn't he? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Hold on til I tune up the world's smallest violin here.

What's all this talk about 14 day isolation period? My understanding is that that would be for people who are a close contact of a positive, who are waiting out the delayed onset of the disease.

I thought that once you have a positive test, you can stop isolation after 10 days after either the test or the onset of symptoms once you are not symptomatic anymore.

I'm puzzled as to how the media has such a poor understanding of the rules

It's a fairly fast moving story. It started off last night with Hope Hicks testing positive, before he did. As a close contact to her, Trump would have to isolate for 14 days, and that was mentioned in many reports. And was accurate at the time.

A few hours later, he ended up testing positive himself. As you mention, that means that if he is asymptomatic he only needs to isolate for 10 days from the positive result, or if he has mild symptoms, for 10 days from the onset of symptoms (once the symptoms have gone).

So I'm not sure if the reports you mention come from the time where he hadn't yet had a positive result (14 days isolation) or after (at least 10 days isolation).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Never mind that ****, 934 cases in the 6 Counties lads, we have our own problems.

Don't capsize the boat as you rush over to the Covid threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

I'm alright lads.

• Advertisement

Hold on til I tune up the world's smallest violin here.

tenor.gif?itemid=3363592

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Classy from the left. He's Antifa too isn't he? :pac:

Bringing class into a discussion about Trump - nice one! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Confused then is what you are. :pac:

450?cb=20150206140125

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He probably is on day 7 approx then if he started presenting Wednesday.

Sunday and Monday should be the crucial period.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Just shows that arrogance and ignorance towards this virus is no defence.
    I’m sure he’ll be absolutely fine, come through it unscathed and use that as a testament to his strength and health and ability to run the US for another term......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ah, a Sligo man so.

I think that we should be fairer to the West and maybe use some of the EU structural funds to build some roads, or if not roads, then at least to buy some faster donkeys for them.

Not sligo either.
    Wrong province, and I won't be doxing myself any further.

That would be illegal.

Also how many pickups and cars have you?

:pac:
    Not illegal.

Currently I have 4, used to have many more but moved house and lost my storage. When we move again soon I'll be back up to the usual 8-10+
    I even attended a couple of boards meetups and cars and coffee meetups in them, there's photos around here and FB of them! Including the Trump decals and everything!

I don't doubt that Trump has it, but just to show that Twitter is the modern version of the infinite monkey theorem, this was posted on September 18th:

https://twitter.com/JohnCammo/status/1306863435125202946

ELM327 wrote: »
    Currently I have 4, used to have many more but moved house and lost my storage. When we move again soon I'll be back up to the usual 8-10+
    I even attended a couple of boards meetups and cars and coffee meetups in them, there's photos around here and FB of them! Including the Trump decals and everything!

You posted them to boards, really?

Sure link them up so please, I imagine it won't be an issue if you have already posted them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭LAZYIRISH

Has he claimed to be sick? Most people won’t even know they have had Covid.

True , fair comment, I haven't read or seen on media that he is sick. He's only tested positive ,following the guidelines and is going into quarantine.

Advertisement