Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He probably is on day 7 approx then if he started presenting Wednesday.

Sunday and Monday should be the crucial period.

I don't doubt that Trump has it, but just to show that Twitter is the modern version of the infinite monkey theorem, this was posted on September 18th:

https://twitter.com/JohnCammo/status/1306863435125202946

Twitter has enabled a lot of very unwell people to reinforce each other's collective psychosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

LAZYIRISH wrote: »
    True , fair comment, I haven't read or seen on media that he is sick. He's only tested positive ,following the guidelines and is going into quarantine.

"A White House official told NBC News that Mr Trump is experiencing "mild symptoms" and is working from his residence."

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-contracts-coronavirus-joe-biden-offers-message-of-support-to-us-president-12087843

Now, I'm not saying that this isn't the case, but just remember that UK officials were downplaying Boris Johnson's symptoms right up to the moment he was admitted to ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Danzy wrote: »
    He probably is on day 7 approx then if he started presenting Wednesday.

Sunday and Monday should be the crucial period.

The only reason they are saying Wednesday, is to try and explain away his sh1te performance in the debate Tuesday night

Ronin247 wrote: »
    The only reason they are saying Wednesday, is to try and explain away his sh1te performance in the debate Tuesday night

He wasn't lethargic Tuesday, he was too high energy, that was the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Twitter has enabled a lot of very unwell people to reinforce each other's collective psychosis.

That's the internet in general..

This thread is part of the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I don't know if people are down playing down the seriousness of this on purpose or by accident.

This disease all though not fatal to the vast majority can absolutely knock even the fittest on their arsé for a good few weeks if not months.

Given his age and condition, he may not clear this in a week to 10 days.

There is a high chance he may not be seen again until after the election.

km991148 wrote: »
    That's the internet in general..

This thread is part of the internet.

Certainly but Twitter is exceptionally good at it.

Boggles wrote: »
    I don't know if people are down playing down the seriousness of this on purpose or by accident.

This disease all though not fatal to the vast majority can absolutely knock even the fittest on their arsé for a good few weeks if not months.

He could easily be dead this time next week or he may be so damaged that he has to step down as President in the first year of a new term..

He may be at the debate in 2 weeks.

Each of these shouldn't be a surprise if they happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

So I'm not sure if the reports you mention come from the time where he hadn't yet had a positive result (14 days isolation) or after (at least 10 days isolation).

US media spent a fair bit of time this morning speculating about trump's participation in the next debate and the 14 day isolation was mentioned a good bit in relation to that given that it approx 14 days to the debate.

Everyone that's had close contact with trump over the past few days should be going into 14 day isolation now, whether they've had a negative test or not. Which is also something that hasn't got a mention. All they're covering is xxxx has tested negative, so they're in the clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ELM327 wrote: »
    For Biden, same!

I am none of those except a Trump supporter.
    I'm an atheist, pro choice, moderately liberal towards marriage and lgbtq+ etc.

You consistently confuse libertarian with liberal.

Based on your threads your a big fan of everyman for themselves. Miniscule government no social supports no assistance low tax healthcare paid for at source anti immigration. Etc etc.

You are mighty confused about what terms mean.

Right up trump alley and down the sewer at the back where he sells his wares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

He could easily be dead this time next week or he may be so damaged that he has to step down as President in the first year of a new term..

He may be at the debate in 2 weeks.

Each of these shouldn't be a surprise if they happen.

Omg lads if you believe that lol :pac:

99% chance he won't die

He will be pumped full of the best steriods and anti virals money can buy

He's probably on remdesivir and corticosteroids as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Were Uday and Qusay at the debate the other night?

Any word on them having it or not?

Certainly but Twitter is exceptionally good at it.

I wouldn't say so - I think it's really a generalisation, but lots of places (including here) seems to allow for the congregation of what would once be known as the village idiots.

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Omg lads if you believe that lol :pac:

99% chance he won't die

He will be pumped full of the best steriods and anti virals money can buy

He's probably on remdesivir and corticosteroids as we speak

He will get the best treatment but it is still a very high risk.

Certainly treatment has improved across the board and the survival rate with it.

For anyone who thinks it's a political stunt, remember that the doctor that officially announced the diagnosis is a Commander in the US Navy, and not a private physician. So for it to be a stunt, you would have to believe that the US military are in on the conspiracy to disrupt and rig a presidential election - which is total tin-foil hat territory.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/read-the-memo-president-trumps-physician-on-positive-covid-19-test/2205189/

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Were Uday and Qusay at the debate the other night?

Any word on them having it or not?

They were, not wearing masks.

This guy spent 4 days prepping him for the debate up until Tuesday, no masks worn.

farewell-Chris-Christie-900x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Trump is 74 and obese.

If I knew someone with those risk factors and they caught Covid I'd be concerned.

For anyone who thinks it's a political stunt, remember that the doctor that officially announced the diagnosis is a Commander in the US Navy, and not a private physician. So for it to be a stunt, you would have to believe that the US military are in on the conspiracy to disrupt and rig a presidential election - which is total tin-foil hat territory.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/read-the-memo-president-trumps-physician-on-positive-covid-19-test/2205189/

Unless the doctors are also being scammed?

I seriously wouldn't put any dirty trick passed him. Trump and his ilk (actually modern politics in general) would do almost anything. Even if he did somehow fake it AND get caught out, there would be little retribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Boggles wrote: »

Sh1t! What's Putin going to do now?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Weirdness of Americans is as usual, they claim they are praying for something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is this the same navy doctor that says trump was as fit as a fiddle and in his prime...

Sh1t! What's Putin going to do now?:eek:

Well, he's started off by trolling Trump:
    The Kremlin said in a statement that Putin sent Trump a telegram reading: “I hope that your inherent vitality, good spirits and optimism will help you cope with the dangerous virus.” (emphasis mine)

source

km991148 wrote: »
    Unless the doctors are also being scammed?

I seriously wouldn't put any dirty trick passed him. Trump and his ilk (actually modern politics in general) would do almost anything. Even if he did somehow fake it AND get caught out, there would be little retribution.

Faking it would probably see the electoral destruction of the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

But its Trump... God I'm starting to see how Jim Corr and the guys feel!

listermint wrote: »
    Is this the same navy doctor that says trump was as fit as a fiddle and in his prime...

Conley's latest medical report from June this year merely says that Trump "remains healthy"

https://www.axios.com/trump-physical-white-house-doctor-f7477045-4702-48f2-99ea-5b7858aff17b.html

The one from last year says he "remains in very good health overall"

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/8/18216849/trump-presidential-physical-exam-explained

The one from 2015 that described him as being in "astonishingly excellent" health and "will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency" was issued by a private physician (Harold Bornstein), who later claimed that the whole letter was actually written by Trump himself

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43970908

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The one from 2015 that described him as being in "astonishingly excellent" health and "will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency" was issued by a private physician (Harold Bornstein), who later claimed that the whole letter was actually written by Trump himself

:pac:

Says it all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I will say when I heard this news this morning a little laugh did come out of my mouth. Saying that however I would not wish it on anyone.

I doubt this is any type of elaborate plan but if it is I hope it would be exposed quick and would be as there is a lot of leaks from there.

No doubt he will milk it for all its worth and he will have the debate even if he is on a screen to show how great he is and how he continued working while others (eg Biden) would not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

6 wrote: »
    :pac:

Says it all tbh

How could anyone say "will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency" with a straight face? One only has to look at the overweight, makeup obsessed, buffoon to see otherwise.

Talk about Orwellian double speak.

Advertisement