Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,434 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Danzy wrote: »
    "Lord, I hate those who hate you;
    I hate those who rise up against you".

King David said that in a Psalm.

Inatead of a God, they have their own holy beliefs and to disagree or challenge it is an attack.

Activists will tell you they think you are wrong and try to explain why.

Catholics will lock you up and rape you. Big difference between the two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Tony EH wrote: »
    How could anyone say "will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency" with a straight face? One only has to look at the overweight, makeup obsessed, buffoon to see otherwise.

Talk about Orwellian double speak.

He isn't just overweight, he's in the obese category and it isn't borderline, unless you mean doubleplusoverweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

breezy1985 wrote: »

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

eeepaulo wrote: »
    He isn't just overweight, he's in the obese category and it isn't borderline, unless you mean doubleplusoverweight.

Plus it would be a miracle for a man of his age and shape not to have a few other conditions we don't know about. Look at the life he's lived, exercise and healthy eating were never on the agenda.

So much carelessness. Chairman of the RNC has now tested positive, Nancy Pelosi waiting for a result. Apparently Hope Hicks and Trumps team were huddled in a little room before the debates prepping him, no masks obviously. Id expect more high profile members of government to test positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

breezy1985 wrote: »

Calm down Billy Wright.

My point is that the control freaks and righteous fanatics that are always there are largely getting their kicks now from being progressive activists etc.

Not that long ago, the same type were on the other side of the fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

MadYaker wrote: »
    Id expect more high profile members of government to test positive.

They might begin to take it seriously then.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Apparently Hope Hicks and Trumps team were huddled in a little room before the debates prepping him, no masks obviously. Id expect more high profile members of government to test positive.

Says it all really. Idiots the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

difficult to know how this will play for trump. a bad dose of it and he could get a sympathy approval bump like boris. a mild dose and he can play the old "see i told you it wasn't so bad" line. either way it distracts from all other election issues for the next two crucial weeks which is probably a good thing for him after a bad few weeks and a bad debate. then again it will focus american minds on the pandemic again and just how badly he handled it. his approval plummeted a few weeks ago because of covid, but quickly recovered as he just basically ignored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Watch Trump walking out for the debate the other night. He struggles to walk at times. All that extra weight is bound to be affecting him at his age.

I reckon he's goosed. Paddy Power won't give me odds though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I wish the man and his wife well, but if Trump is asymptomatic or mildly affected, this could be the end of lockdowns worldwide with possible civil unrest in the USA and spreading to Europe, Australia and parts of Asia regardless of whether it’s right or wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Plus it would be a miracle for a man of his age and shape not to have a few other conditions we don't know about. Look at the life he's lived, exercise and healthy eating were never on the agenda.

So much carelessness. Chairman of the RNC has now tested positive, Nancy Pelosi waiting for a result. Apparently Hope Hicks and Trumps team were huddled in a little room before the debates prepping him, no masks obviously. Id expect more high profile members of government to test positive.

Its beyond belief how stupid some of these people in power are.

what would happen if god forbid he died? pence obviously is president but does the election get delayed as voting have already begun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

Trump was asked by reporters about his covid diagnosis

"I have the best symptoms, nobody has ever seen symptoms anything like this before, it's like.... tremendous, believe me."

froog wrote: »
    what would happen if god forbid he died? pence obviously is president but does the election get delayed as voting have already begun?

No idea it would be a right mess. I don't think there's a provision for that in the constitution but I could be wrong. No President has ever died between the election starting and the inauguration day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

Some amount of impotent rage from the looney left on here. That can't be good for you. Get out, get a girlfriend, have some fun, forget about being outraged for five minutes. That impotent rage will give you a heart attack or stroke.[/qote]

Hahaha!
    I cant be ar$ed but it anyone wants to qoute a sample of this posters comments on C19 threads over the last few months and then reference the above contribution I think it might be funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

This was posted earlier
    For those who were wondering about what happens in various scenarios of a candidate's death before or after election day, here's some of the answers to that:

https://people.howstuffworks.com/what-happens-presidential-candidate-dies.htm

Looks like the simple answer is, if Trump (or Biden) were to pass away before election day, their parties have rules in place to replace their name on the ballot. That would open up a political nightmare if it happened close to election day as many will vote in advance or mail in ballots already printed. This scenario has never happened with significant candidates at least, in the two centuries of presidential elections.

If they were to pass in the interval between election day and the formal meeting of the "Electoral College" in early December, then that body would decide how to cast their votes, and once again the parties would have some input into the process. That apparently has happened once, a major candidate in 1872 with electoral college votes pledged died in that interval and the electors decided case by case how to re-cast their votes. In practical terms nowadays, the electors are agents of the state governments, back then it was somewhat less formalized and electors were often free agents who occasionally changed their votes from what the states had told them to submit.

If the president-elect were to die after the electoral college and before inauguration day (20th January), then I think the short answer is that the vice-president elect would be sworn in and that person would name his or her own vice president.

I don't know what the Republican Party might choose to do but I suspect that they would choose VP Pence as their nominee in the short time available if that were to become an issue. The Democrats, should Biden pass, might be less eager to nominate their VP candidate fearing she might not hold the vote (she was seen as a sort of guarantee that some of Bernie's platform would be respected, but elevated to the full presidential nomination, that might prove to be a guarantee of defeat).

So better sooner rather than later I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The election won't be delayed.

The Republican party would pick a substitute candidate (it wouldn't have to be Pence). Ballots have already been printed, and some postal votes have already been cast, so they probably wouldn't be able to change the ballot papers themselves, but that doesn't matter. It's not the vote of the general public that votes the President into office, it's the Electoral College. The Electoral College is complicated, and works on a system of Delegates for the each state. The practice is that the candidate that gets the most Delegates gets elected, but this does not have to be the case - there's actually nothing legally stopping Delegates from voting for someone else entirely - even someone that isn't on any ballot paper.

So even if the election went ahead with Trump's name on the ballot, and assuming he got the required number of Delegates with the most EC votes, in practice it's most likely that they would cast their vote for the official Republican substitute candidate. So in effect a vote for Trump would be a vote for whatever Republican candidate was chosen by the party to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Joe Biden has tested negative for coronavirus - NBC

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

And he has reminded people how not to get the virus

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1312065485400346625

Thats great leadership from Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Muahahaha wrote: »

It's actually simple, basic stuff that you would expect from any relatively competent leader. It just seems impressive now that it's juxtaposed with whatever you call what Trump does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Muahahaha wrote: »

Ah nice to see.

Trump may be a cool dude (or whatever the kids say these days) to some on here, but please wear your masks guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Thread has had a fairly major cleanup, 60+ posts wishing death, harm or suffering to Donald Trump, his family, staff or those close to him have been removed. Cards have been handed out.

These types of post are not acceptable and are against the forum charter (point 3). Any further posts of this type will earn an immediate threadban.

You can get your point across without resorting to this please, if not then probably best not to post in the thread

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Mark Meadows said Trump has mild symptoms.

That’s not good. The narrative has gone from ‘doing well’ to mild symptoms very quickly.

While he may or may not get worse there’s a real Boris Johnson feel about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's actually simple, basic stuff that you would expect from any relatively competent leader. It just seems impressive now that it's juxtaposed with whatever you call what Trump does.

Yeah true. But with any luck Trump supporters will now begin to wear masks. Their president has weaponised the wearing of masks as a political statement and refused to be led by the science so heres hoping at least some Trump supporters realise that this virus is not the hoax that Trump claimed it is and to begin wearing masks to help stop it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Loser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Thread has had a fairly major cleanup, 60+ posts wishing death, harm or suffering to Donald Trump, his family, staff or those close to him have been removed. Cards have been handed out.

These types of post are not acceptable and are against the forum charter (point 3). Any further posts of this type will earn an immediate threadban.

You can get your point across without resorting to this please, if not then probably best not to post in the thread

Hear hear

Faugheen wrote: »
    Mark Meadows said Trump has mild symptoms.

That’s not good. The narrative has gone from ‘doing well’ to mild symptoms very quickly.

While he may or may not get worse there’s a real Boris Johnson feel about this.

one thing with boris from what i've read is he kept trying to do his job when he was recovering and this is not good with covid - you need rest for a long time. trump should really be laying in bed for two weeks and chilling which he is probably good at to be fair but any attempt to do his regular schedule of interviews etc could make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump didn't attend a call that was scheduled earlier. Cuomo got Pence instead.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1312068089186484224

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

It's interesting how some of the same people who questioned Trump's intelligence are now expressing their delight that he contracted the virus. I wouldn't wish this illness on anyone.

Advertisement