Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

barryribs wrote: »
    Seek help

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Surprised it didn’t happen earlier.

But I hope he recovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,930 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's probably BS, just a way to get out of the debates.
    This..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

It will be ironic if biden has caught covid from Trump he could have had it for last 5 days

Expect biden to get tested tommie

Did the shake hands at the debate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Wow. The comments on here are absolutely despicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Hope the anti-Trump people here don't catch the virus after letting their masks slip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    It will be ironic if biden has caught covid from Trump he could have had it for last 5 days

Expect biden to get tested tommie

Did the shake hands at the debate

I don't think they did shake hands but they both are on the same stage without masks indoors. Hopefully Joe is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

If he pulls through this without any issue at all it will only serve to verify his downplaying of the virus and probably encourage anti maskers even further.

In air was he's hardly the picture of health, if he shows up in a week or two without a bother ill be asking was it fake.

Why? Even people in the highest risk groups are more likely to have mild illness and survive than not, at an individual level. So it wouldn't be that surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Surprised it didn’t happen earlier.

But I hope he recovers.

Best post of the thread.

Wish he an the wife recovers soon and then is hammered in November and we don't hear from him again.

The man is a neanderthal, but doesn't sit well with me cheering him getting this knowing I have older relatives around same age would be vulnerable if they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭barryribs

What are you talking about?

You're blaming him for 200k deaths, european leaders never killed anyone despite the fact that 40k of spain's population is dead with it, similar levels, if not higher than the US

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I don't think they did shake hands but they both are on the same stage without masks indoors. Hopefully Joe is okay.
    I can't help but feel like this is sabotage. He never looked at the moderator and camera, always spoke over at Joe and then three days later he announces he's positive. Hmm.

I wish Joe a mild dose and a speedy recovery and the moderator as well. I'm only glad that nothing Trump has will ever be inside me :D

Macdarack wrote: »
    If he recovers fast, he'll hover up votes.
    It'll be very interesting, I hope he'll be OK. He hasn't started any wars yet he's OK with me.

interesting. i don't buy that he is trying to avoid debates but there could be an advantage from fighting off the virus.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Best post of the thread.

Wish he an the wife recovers soon and then is hammered in November and we don't hear from him again.

The man is a neanderthal, but doesn't sit well with me cheering him getting this knowing I have older relatives around same age would be vulnerable if they got it.
    Yeah but I doubt your relatives were actively responsible for letting other people get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I wonder if this is an elaborate setup.
    If not, is Biden a close contact?
    Is he in quarantine?

Pelosi met with Hope a few days ago, not her biggest fan but this is concerning she needs to get tested asap.

Biden mantained social distancing thankfully and assume he is getting tested every day but would advise him to isolate for a while.

Its pretty worrying as trump, hope and whoever else she passed the virus to has clearly interacted with a lot of very important people not just in the Trump inner circle.

barryribs wrote: »
    You're blaming him for 200k deaths, european leaders never killed anyone despite the fact that 40k of spain's population is dead with it, similar if not higher than the US

His clear inaction on masks, social distancing, a dem hoax, telling people it was a flu and will be gone next week. Floating ideas like injecting bleach or using light to cure it and basically telling everybody it was a hoax just to bring him down. Also being recognised as the leading source of disinformation globally would Kind of mean that he is responsible or am I off the mark here? I don't see any European leaders taking this line or I have been watching the wrong channels

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Some of the comments are a disgrace.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I wonder if this is an elaborate setup.
    If not, is Biden a close contact?
    Is he in quarantine?

He's probably getting tested regularly no matter what, but yeah definitely could do worse than isolating. I was going to make a very original joke :rolleyes: about him been in the basement but probably not the worst place to be for him atm.

Yeah but I doubt your relatives were actively responsible for letting other people get it..

I have an uncle that nobody speaks to for good reason, wouldn't put it past him.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Deshawn wrote: »
    Some of the comments are a disgrace.

He's probably the most disliked POTUS ever and has stoked a huge level of hate.

It's no real surprise. He has had a massively negative impact on many people's lives.

This isn't just some celebrity people don't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Bad news, no doubt he'll recover and weaponise the fact he got it somehow. He's going to end up downplaying how ill it made him and thus the seriousness of the virus, that is guaranteed.

what do you mean 'actively responsible'?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,186 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I know it’s horrible to wish Covid on someone etc etc , but I’ve just heard the news and can’t help feeling that it’s ...... ( I cannot think of the word ? ) befitting that he has it

whiskeyman wrote: »
    He's probably the most disliked POTUS ever and has stoked a huge level of hate.

It's no real surprise. He has had a massively negative impact on many people's lives.

This isn't just some celebrity people don't like.

"Massively negative impact on many peoples lives"

the lives of Irish people on boards.ie?

Some of the comments are a disgrace. Some posters need to take a look at themselves and the bile they are typing. It's not even 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

"Massively negative impact on many peoples lives"

the lives of Irish people on boards.ie?

Some of the comments are a disgrace. Some posters need to take a look at themselves and the bile they are typing. It's not even 8am
    Maybe Irish people on boards have had relatives in the US die of covid because of his policies and their anger is justified?

Maybe Irish people on boards have had relatives in the US die of covid because of his policies and their anger is justified?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Absolutely ridiculous.

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So Boris, the president of Brazil and trump catch coronavirus.
    What have they in common?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I don't wish him ill or dead, he doesn't affect my life enough to care either way, but he's a dangerous man. World would be better without him, he will go down as the very worst clown of a man to be president of USA.

He might not even have it, could just be a strategy but who knows. The level of upset here from people to those that do wish him bad is laughable though, don't be so sensitive.

Advertisement