Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Trump didn't attend a call that was scheduled earlier. Cuomo got Pence instead.

Doesn't sound good. But hopefully not indicative of him struggling with it.

Remarkable day socially. A lot of people letting themselves down.

It's like that classic thing where your friends won't forgive your partner like you do, so don't bitch about them. But it's the opposite. Trump will be well gone but you'll always be the person who cheered an old man getting Covid-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

It's like that classic thing where your friends won't forgive your partner like you do, so don't bitch about them. But it's the opposite. Trump will be well gone but you'll always be the person who cheered an old man getting Covid-19.

Its understandable tho - I mean if you act like a complete (unt and show disrespect all around you can't really truly expect respect and good wishes in return.

Don't wish anyone harm myself personally, but I can understand why others would. The guy is a prick.

Unfortunately the more people talk about him (good or bad), the more it boosts his broken, fragile ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

An old man who ridiculed a person with a disability, an old man who belittled his opponent for being sick during the last campaign? An old man who made a remark a 15 year old would just about find funny re bleeding?
    An old man who in his not so young days joked about being able to just grab women?

That old man?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trump didn't attend a call that was scheduled earlier. Cuomo got Pence instead.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1312068089186484224

If Pence has to take over from Trump it will be a disastrous election for the Republicans given Pence is a charisma free zone, they might as well just hand it to Biden now.

Even if Trump still runs there are serious question marks over his health after having the virus, some people take months to recover from it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I certainly don't wish Trump ill from this. As well as just not wishing harm against people, I'd much prefer to see him humiliated in the election, see his base and media turn against him, and watch as he suffers the consequences of his actions without the protection of the presidency.

But keep an eye out for the fake outrage from his supporters. Biden has wished him well, as a gentleman, whereas Trump took the piss out of Hillary Clinton having pneumonia and his fans weren't on their high horses then.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

If he was a nice person people would say nice things about him. It's not that hard to comprehend. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

An old man who ridiculed a person with a disability, an old man who belittled his opponent for being sick during the last campaign? An old man who made a remark a 15 year old would just about find funny re bleeding?
    An old man who in his not so young days joked about being able to just grab women?

That old man?

Yeah, that old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

All I want to say is I am glad I didn't follow any of Trumps example on protecting myself from the virus. Herman Cain was not so lucky. Cain's Twitter account was still claiming that coronavirus is “not as deadly” as “mainstream media” made it out to be, days after his death from Covid19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He ridiculed a person with a disability!

So what! He didn't ridicule him because he had a disability. There's a bloody difference like.

Also, all this 'Now that Trump has got it people will take masks seriously' is absurd.

Gov. Ralph Northam and his wife always wear masks most of the time and they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yeah, that old man.

Ah ok, I was confused.

So what! He didn't ridicule him because he had a disability. There's a bloody difference like.

Also, all this 'Now that Trump has got it people will take masks seriously' is absurd.

Gov. Ralph Northam and his wife always wear masks most of the time and they got it.

I had to read that twice because your sarcasm wasn't reading quite right. Then I seen who posted it and realised this is a serious post.

I am not mocking you because I think you are an idiot btw, I am mocking the post because I think it's idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Keeping in mind many of Trumps critics have wished him well and a speedy recovery:

EjUIFihWsAIdJZn?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

bobbyy gee wrote: »

I thought wearing masks only protects other people?

km991148 wrote: »
    I am not mocking you because I think you are an idiot btw, I am mocking the post because I think it's idiotic.

No bother, mock away - but it still won't mean that Trump mocking a journalist with a disability meant he was mocking him because of it.

There's quite an important distinction there - guess you can't see that, or don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

ah come on, he actually did an impression of his disabled hand.

That video is class - let me get this right.. so the proof that he didn't mock a person with a disability is the fact that he throws his arms around and makes a face (in the style of someone with mental difficulties, similar to how people would use the word spa or retard back in the day) to mock people (that he thinks of as stupid) normally.

Riiighh ok - how is that better?

No bother, mock away - but it still won't mean Trump mocking a journalist with a disability meant he was mocking him because of it.
    added:
    No bother, mock away - but it still won't mean that Trump mocking a journalist with a disability meant he was mocking him because of it.

There's quite an important distinction there - guess you can't see that, or don't want to.

no exactly - it doesn't - but he does mock a disability as a tool to mock everyone - what a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

Who's next in line if he is out of action?
    The VP Mike Pence, and then Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi if he goes down too...
    The thought of Nancy taking over will cure him pretty quick.

• Advertisement

A bit of both. Masks can't fully stop the virus entering or exiting (especially consumer ones) but they definitely stop large particles of infected saliva, which is enough to protect you and others around you. Of course wearing the mask on its own isn't enough, because you can still be very unlucky and get close to someone and cop a smaller particle of vapour or do something stupid like touch your face after taking the mask off, allow the mask to get saturated etc etc

It's why the other post is daft in terms of claiming one person getting sick while wearing a mask somehow proves wearing a mask is a waste of time.

km991148 wrote: »
    That video is class - let me get this right.. so the proof that he didn't mock a person with a disability is the fact that he throws his arms around and makes a face (in the style of someone with mental difficulties, similar to how people would use the word spa or retard back in the day) to mock people (that he thinks of as stupid) normally.

Riiighh ok - how is that better?

He is mocking incompetence, not mental illness for heaven sake, and at 1m40s he mocks himself for it.

It may be childish, never said it wasn't, but the accusation was (and always is) that he was mocking that journalist's disabilities and that's just simply not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

You though wrong and anyone else who said it was also wrong and you shouldn't believe them. They help the wearer by being hydrophobic on the outside and help those around them by being absorbent on the inside. Wearing them on the chin doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

Gary Glitter is an old man now aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1312080181197254657

Of course they won't wear masks.

They don't have science, they have Jesus.

Reduces risk to both, but risk to others by a greater degree.

He is mocking incompetence, not mental illness for heaven sake, and at 1m40s he mocks himself for it.

It may be childish, never said it wasn't, but the accusation was (and always is) that he was mocking that journalist's disabilities and that's just simply not true.

I'll try to explain this again.

I will go with you on the mocking the incompetence. He often does this - mocks people who he thinks are incompetent.

Agreed so far? Right?

But the way that he does this is by waving his arms around and making a face. That is what ignorant children would often do and it is using the accepted imagery of someone who has mental difficulties. A bit like how some people who are ignorant would call someone a spa or a retard.

When we were kids we would do a folded arm and tongue behind the lower lip to call someone an idiot - i.e mimicking the symptoms of some mental or motor neuron disease as a way of mocking someones incompetence.

So regardless of the fact that he may or may not be mocking this individuals disability directly, he is happy to invoke the imagery of a disability to mock people generally.

You though wrong and anyone else who said it was also wrong and you shouldn't believe them. They help the wearer by being hydrophobic on the outside and help those around them by being absorbent on the inside. Wearing them on the chin doesn't work.

Not quite true. It warns observers that the wearer is a fool and should be avoided at all costs.

Not quite true. It warns observers that the wearer is a fool and should be avoided at all costs.

It warns wearers that observers without one are fools and should be avoided at all costs.

So all good then - everyone who wants to avoid everyone can do so easily!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

So Trump tasked with keeping the virus out of the US, couldn't keep it out of his own house in the end.

They never stood a chance did they.

Advertisement