Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭trashcan

km991148 wrote: »
    That video is class - let me get this right.. so the proof that he didn't mock a person with a disability is the fact that he throws his arms around and makes a face (in the style of someone with mental difficulties, similar to how people would use the word spa or retard back in the day) to mock people (that he thinks of as stupid) normally.

Riiighh ok - how is that better?

Indeed. It's like, " No, he never said anything about injecting bleach." No, he said disinfectant, obviously much better. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

It's probably BS, just a way to get out of the debates.

A post on Reddit that explains these Conspiracy theories away
    A big thing about Conspiracies is asking “Who benefits?”

To me, Trump having Covid is actually more detrimental to him than it is beneficial. He’s going to have to take two weeks off the campaign trail while being behind in the polls, endure ridicule for not using masks, and he loses out on additional debates which is his best chance at gaining ground on Biden and exposing his flaws.

When I think about the benefits, they don’t seem to add up to being greater than the things that are negative about it.

I believe it’s real.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

ShineOn7 wrote: »

It keeps trump in the news cycle. And only Trump. Its a definite win. Mocking him only strengthens his support. Having COVID imaginary or otherwise (other than the obvious potential for ill health) is in terms of media a good thing for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I notice when the average joe in the US had it, Trump referred to it as the “China” virus but when he tests positive he referred to it as COVID19.

trashcan wrote: »
    Indeed. It's like, " No, he never said anything about injecting bleach." No, he said disinfectant, obviously much better. :cool:

Oh no - that wasn't an instruction to drink disinfectant - was sarcasm.

Like addressing the nation with sarcasm in the midst of a national crisis is a good thing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

ShineOn7 wrote: »

Even ignoring that reasoning, the point has already been made already that this administration leaks like a sieve. If this was some daft scheme, it wouldn't be long getting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

But keep an eye out for the fake outrage from his supporters. Biden has wished him well, as a gentleman, whereas Trump took the piss out of Hillary Clinton having pneumonia and his fans weren't on their high horses then.

Exactly.

The "outrage" on this thread, a lot of it from 2020 reg's, is a load of old pony. You can bet your bottom dollar if it was somebody like Hilary Clinton who caught Covid, the song would be very different indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Oh no - that was sarcasm.

Like addressing the nation with sarcasm in the midst of a national crisis is a good thing :pac:

I never understood when he went with the sarcasm thing? How could it be sarcastic what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Remarkable day socially. A lot of people letting themselves down.

It's like that classic thing where your friends won't forgive your partner like you do, so don't bitch about them. But it's the opposite. Trump will be well gone but you'll always be the person who cheered an old man getting Covid-19.

The tolerant left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The New Jersey trip is starting to look a bit reckless. Obviously on top of other recklessness.

• Advertisement

The tolerant left.

love it - snarky generalisations - any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

love it - snarky generalisations - any more?

Have a read of the thread, it's 99% guffawing and hilarious posts about a man getting Covid19. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know what "side" they're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Have a read of the thread, it's 99% guffawing and hilarious posts about a man getting Covid19. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know what "side" they're on.

If Trump had of handled the Coronavirus differently, and with any degree of competence, he would have saved tens of thousands of lives.

That's tens of thousands of families that would still have their loved ones.

You'll forgive people of they see the irony in it.

Not quite 99%.. but a lot.. also a lot of virtue signaling as well, isn't there?

It is what it is, I guess.... Also while not celebrating this, him getting it relates somewhat to his constant hubris in general and even more so during the pandemic. He actively mocked Biden for wearing a mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Is there some reason why Trump can't still take part in the debates by live video stream?

People have been doing this for months now for work etc.

Or is there some rule that says he has to physically be there in person?

Is there some reason why Trump can't still take part in the debates by live video stream?

Oddly enough, there probably is such a rule but they can be changed. I doubt Biden or anyone else would want to be around that infection cluster either.

As TRUMP himself would say

giphy.gif

His ignorance in relation to the Pandemic came back to bite him in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Yes. The founding fathers wrote it when they were drafting the constitution
    Article 13
    "Presidential candidates must attend debates in person and may not use zoom or skype."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I certainly don't wish Trump ill from this. As well as just not wishing harm against people, I'd much prefer to see him humiliated in the election, see his base and media turn against him, and watch as he suffers the consequences of his actions without the protection of the presidency.

But keep an eye out for the fake outrage from his supporters. Biden has wished him well, as a gentleman, whereas Trump took the piss out of Hillary Clinton having pneumonia and his fans weren't on their high horses then.

Im the same, no way do I want to see him dying from the virus or even pulling out of the US election. People forget that there are 17 separate court cases waiting for Trump that cannot proceed while he is still President. Charges on tax evasion, fraud and treason are just a small sample of what is coming his way. James Comey has a sealed indictment waiting that is for a "co-conspirator" on colluding with Russia in the 2016 election, we all know that co-conspirator is Trump and I expect the FBI to charge him with of treason once he is voted out of the White House.

Trump literally needs to win this election to avoid going to prison, I want to see him around long enough so that he loses it to Biden and then all these 17 court cases against him can finally get under way. Its going to be very, very entertaining watching the orange buffoon finally being served justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump skips another arranged call

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1312068207029547011

The White House is, as expected, talking down Trump's condition but it's reasonable to assume he is not in a position to attend these conference calls atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Ignoring comparisons is the universal declaration of naivety.

Tell me which parallels aren't valid and I'll give you a pass.

You're actually doubling down on comparing Trump to HITLER?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

There’s a certain phrase in Ireland that begins with k that I associate with trump - every thing I learn about him strengthens that association

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Even for his own supporters trump needs to do that zoom call

He needs to rile them up and dizzy their minds with tissue paper thin completely ridiculous conspiracy theories !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If the Debates Committee allows it and Biden agrees (which he would) there is no reason why they cannot do a debate via live stream.

Problem is Trump is running scared from the second debate. He already came out of the first one with people being horrified that he refused to condem white supremacists, instead preferring to tell them to "stand by". He interuppted Biden 74 times and Americans were embarrassed by the way in which their President behaved.

That aside the second debate is a town hall style with questions from the audience. This is a format where Biden excels, he is really good at talking to voters one on one whereas Trump is not. The Trump campaign knows this so they want to avoid debating Biden again at all costs, especially the town hall one scheduled for two weeks time. Its odds on now that Trump will chicken out of it because he knows he cannot beat Biden in that type of debate format and a second debate loss in a row would be fatal for his campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

There’s a certain phrase in Ireland that begins with k that I associate with trump - every thing I learn about him strengthens that association

Kinky?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Muahahaha wrote: »
    If the Debates Committee allows it and Biden agrees (which he would) there is no reason why they cannot do a debate via live stream.

Problem is Trump is running scared from the second debate. He already came out of the first one with people being horrified that he refused to condem white supremacists, instead preferring to tell them to "stand by". He interuppted Biden 74 times and Americans were embarrassed by the way in which their President behaved.

That aside the second debate is a town hall style with questions from the audience. This is a format where Biden excels, he is really good at talking to voters one on one whereas Trump is not. The Trump campaign knows this so they want to avoid debating Biden again at all costs, especially the town hall one scheduled for two weeks time. Its odds on now that Trump will chicken out of it because he knows he cannot beat Biden in that type of debate format and a second debate loss in a row would be fatal for his campaign.

Virtual debates.
    And the moderator could use the mute button while the other candidate speaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yes. The founding fathers wrote it when they were drafting the constitution
    Article 13
    "Presidential candidates must attend debates in person and may not use zoom or skype."

There was an amendment to that clause in 1865 to add the line ‘with the exception of any debate moderated by Joe Rogan because that would be class’

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Im the same, no way do I want to see him dying from the virus or even pulling out of the US election. People forget that there are 17 separate court cases waiting for Trump that cannot proceed while he is still President. Charges on tax evasion, fraud and treason are just a small sample of what is coming his way. James Comey has a sealed indictment waiting that is for a "co-conspirator" on colluding with Russia in the 2016 election, we all know that co-conspirator is Trump and I expect the FBI to charge him with of treason once he is voted out of the White House.

Trump literally needs to win this election to avoid going to prison, I want to see him around long enough so that he loses it to Biden and then all these 17 court cases against him can finally get under way. Its going to be very, very entertaining watching the orange buffoon finally being served justice.

I don't think the bold bit is correct. He's unindicted in the Michael Cohen case but I don't think there's evidence of a sealed indictment regarding conspiracy. A treason charge is also a high bar that I don't think he reaches unless in can be shown that he actively worked with the Russians. Not impossible but it's not conclusive.

He does have plenty of legal exposure without that, however.

Advertisement