Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ah well, that's news aggregators for you, the most read headline on newsnow is that of Trump, mild symptoms.

Would actually be great to see Pence take on elderly Joe if there is another debate, he's like a more modest, younger and reserved version of the Donald's principles, a sharp pencil when standing beside Joe on a stage.

Its only broken that he is on his way to hospital right now, the mild symptoms were the White House spin they were putting out all afternoon.

Pence v Biden will be a white wash for Joe, Pence is a charisma free zone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I wish the president of the world a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Would actually be great to see Pence take on elderly Joe if there is another debate, he's like a more modest, younger and reserved version of the Donald's principles, a sharp pencil when standing beside Joe on a stage.

A sharp pencil who's not allowed to be in the same room as another woman without 'mother' by his side :pac:

By the way, it's not 'elderly Joe' who's on his way to hospital...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Doesn’t bode well for Trump he’s also been given the regeneron experimental drug, and now he’s off to hospital. Pray for potus to start trending now any minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

He'll be grand.

Has the best medical attention in the world.

The normal poor souls in America.

Not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Debate Tuesday, rally Wednesday, feeling a little fatigued Thursday, hospital Friday.

Not good no matter who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

If Pence gets in power, people will be begging for the easy going days of Trump!

Re the gloating and the virtue signalling about it. Trump has openly mocked people taking precautions against the virus. His supporters on this forum have as well. Trump has treated it with absolute contempt. Its no wonder people feel free to do the same. That's what happens when you normalise such crappy behaviour. I personally don't wish him pain (but I won't be terribly sad if he croaks it either) - in the same way that I feel sorry for the pain such an obvious narcissist must have to live with everyday.

And just because he is sick, doesn't give him a pass on any of his dickish actions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

He'll get the best of treatment, even in spite of his physical shape and age there's a low likelihood he'll die.

Boris has been keeping an extremely low profile lately. If a similar outcome with Trump is all that comes of this, I won't complain.

A speedy recovery on the horizon, as all the wellwishers hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,436 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Time to fight it is now, not in a week after doing nothing at home. Best place is hospital,

Time to fight it was months ago when he was cutting all U.S. funding to W.H.O.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Seems he's going to hospital in the marine one chopper. That doesn't seem as bad.

Yeah being airlifted to hospital is usually a great sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Darc19 wrote: »
    Debate Tuesday, rally Wednesday, feeling a little fatigued Thursday, hospital Friday.

Not good no matter who you are.

Does that mean he would have picked it up Sunday assuming 5 days to show symptoms or can it come upon you rapidly.

I presume he was tested everyday up to the debate and after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

A sharp pencil who's not allowed to be in the same room as another woman without 'mother' by his side :pac:
    Indeed, I've seen those videos of Joe, and they're not nice viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Ha if trump dies the ms media is screwed along with the politics forum on here. A few folks over there won't know what to do with themselves. I can't wait for the worlds problems to magically disappear though.

It'll be like Coronation Street suddenly cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

fullstop wrote: »
    Yeah being airlifted to hospital is usually a great sign.

It means he'll walk to the chopper. Not carried out in a stretcher. Still reckon he's quite sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Time to fight it is now, not in a week after doing nothing at home. Best place is hospital,

The hospital is the best place for him.
    Recently a elderly relative of mine got the virus and was feeling very week at home in quarantine and thankfully called an ambulance to go to the hospital - he was in hospital for 3 weeks and didn’t need any Ventilator - he needed antibiotics for pneumonia.

He is home again and feeling well.

The POTUS going to the hospital is a wise move - he will get the best care there.

Boris on the other hand waited at home too long before taking any action and almost paid the ultimate price.

God bless Mr President.

Tonight, in our prayers- we are all republicans

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gupta, come out from under that desk and tell me what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Sorolla wrote: »
    The hospital is the best place for him.
    Recently a elderly relative of mine got the virus and was feeling very week at home in quarantine and thankfully called an ambulance to go to the hospital - he was in hospital for 3 weeks and didn’t need any Ventilator - he needed antibiotics for pneumonia.

He is home again and feeling well.

The POTUS going to the hospital is a wise move - he will get the best care there.

Boris on the other hand waited at home too long before taking any action and almost paid the ultimate price.

God bless Mr President.

Tonight, in our prayers- we are all republicans

No we are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The president is struggling with a low-grade fever, a cough and nasal congestion, among other symptoms, two people familiar with his condition. - WaPo

Sounds like he's gone to be put on a ventilator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

You can only surmise its a bad turn he has taken. Similar to Boris.

"As a precaution"
    "In for observation"

Pull the other one. If it was a minor thing it wouldn't be stated in the press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

We've gone from mild symptoms to being given an experimental treatment to a fever and, now, being flown by helicopter to Walter Reed.

In the space of 10 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Wonder will the scumbags in this thread still gloat if Trump actually dies.

Some might. Maybe not to the extent of Thatcher but there will probably be a bit of it. I won't as that would be too easy a way out.

There will be far more people pointing out that his attitude to masks and his penchant for super-spreader rallies might have contributed to the state that he finds himself in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

We've gone from mild symptoms to being given an experimental treatment to a fever and, now, being flown by helicopter to Walter Reed.

In the space of 10 hours.

And no tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Darc19 wrote: »

We chilled on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Very reminiscent of what happened to Boris. Working from hospital, I'm thinking not. He is not even Tweeting. Unfortunately I'd say he's in a little trouble here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

We chilled on sunday

He got the chills on Sunday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Press officer McElhaney has said he will work from there over the next few days.

Over 3 years in, surely now is not the time for him to start working.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

So does this mean Pence temporarily takes over as acting President? If so, would that negate his debate with Kamala Harris on 8th October?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

JDxtra wrote: »
    Very reminiscent of what happened to Boris. Working from hospital, I'm thinking not. .

He hasn't worked a day in his life!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Suspect the Tw share price will divebomb and traffic drop 10%, if he takes a short 48hr break from tweets of greatness.

Advertisement