Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

fullstop wrote: »
    Yeah being airlifted to hospital is usually a great sign.

A 37 minute drive during Friday rush hour according to google. I'd take the helicopter too if I had one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

A 37 minute drive during Friday rush hour according to google. I'd take the helicopter too if I had one!

ye - not like hes gonna get a cab like

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

So does this mean Pence temporarily takes over as acting President? If so, would that negate his debate with Kamala Harris on 8th October?
    If he goes on a ventilator Pence would be president

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

Hope he's OK and Biden wins a fair election, best outcome for everybody.

EDIT: I do not want to see Harris being handed the Presidency - if I were Joe I'd keep an eye on my drink anytime she's in the same room. Yes, I think she's ruthless for power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

So does this mean Pence temporarily takes over as acting President? If so, would that negate his debate with Kamala Harris on 8th October?

Only if Ammendment 25 is invoked.

This is only likely to happen if the President is incapacitated (under anesthesia, coma, .....) - all of which are unlikely.

So Pence will not be acting President

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Sorolla wrote: »
    The hospital is the best place for him.
    Recently a elderly relative of mine got the virus and was feeling very week at home in quarantine and thankfully called an ambulance to go to the hospital - he was in hospital for 3 weeks and didn’t need any Ventilator - he needed antibiotics for pneumonia.

He is home again and feeling well.

The POTUS going to the hospital is a wise move - he will get the best care there.

Boris on the other hand waited at home too long before taking any action and almost paid the ultimate price.

God bless Mr President.

Tonight, in our prayers- we are all republicans

Are we f**k!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

If he goes on a ventilator Pence would be president

Only if they invoke the 25th amendment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,436 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Hope he's OK and Biden wins a fair election, best outcome for everybody.

Yep I wanna see him lose and not die and subject us to years of hearing BS about how he would have wiped the floor with Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

This is only likely to happen if the President is incapacitated (under anesthesia, coma, .....) - all of which are unlikely.

Gas how it’s always women perceived as ruthless for power

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Do the ambulances in Washington not have sirens or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Of course Boris Johnson started with peaky and rough looking and ended up in a poor way for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The hospital is the best place for him.
    Recently a elderly relative of mine got the virus and was feeling very week at home in quarantine and thankfully called an ambulance to go to the hospital - he was in hospital for 3 weeks and didn’t need any Ventilator - he needed antibiotics for pneumonia.

He is home again and feeling well.

The POTUS going to the hospital is a wise move - he will get the best care there.

Boris on the other hand waited at home too long before taking any action and almost paid the ultimate price.

God bless Mr President.

Tonight, in our prayers- we are all republicans

In your dreams mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I don’t think he will be that bad if they are broadcasting live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭maebee

I was sceptical this morning when I heard he had tested positive. 16 hours since his last tweet makes me think he is quite unwell.

He's the President. They're not going to stick him in an ambulance for a half hour trip to the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

The media are ruthless, that same broadcaster (NBC) dumped the pussygate video prior to the 2016 election. They couldn't give a hoot - it's good for clicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Hes boarding a chopper headed for hospital soon, he's obviously high risk, obese, poor lifestyle, bad attitude, low intelligence. This could be it for the Donald.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

President. Preferential treatment and the way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I don't think we can read anything by what the news channels are doing.
    He will be ok by virtue of the fact that he will get infinitely better treatment than your ordinary Joe Soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Aaah ok. Was trying to remember back to House of Cards when Frank Underwood was in a serious condition awaiting surgery and his VP became acting President!

The 25th amendment thing rings a bell now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hope Hicks came back to haunt him, infected him. How did she get to such a prominent position at the White House, someone with zero experience with politics,, oh wait former 11 year old model from New York.. that explains it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Helicopter prominently placed on the white household lawn

This is all for the optics and prime time news coverage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

An ambulance could crash or be stopped by an Antifa roadblock ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Wonder will the helicopter pilot be wearing a mask, he wasnt yesterday when Trump got off it while carrying the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I'm not sure which part of a president being taken to hospital = a power move :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

How open are medical records of a US President expected to be in these circumstances?
    It's not a normal situation. Can the hospital completely zip the information shut and say nothing or do they have to be open and frank on what us happening?
    Is he still in the charge of the WH physician or does Walter Reed now take over?

Helicopter prominently placed on the white household lawn

This is all for the optics and prime time news coverage ?

That's where the chopper always lands at the White House.

170803_marine-one.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I don't think we can read anything by what the news channels are doing.
    He will be ok by virtue of the fact that he will get infinitely better treatment than your ordinary Joe Soap.

I mean l doubt they will roll him out on a trolley in front of cameras.

Looks like he will be walking out.

People hear are saying he’s focked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Well the stock market crash Monday morning????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Heres hoping the weather is ok or they may not be able to fly that chopper that is designed to withstand storms

Advertisement