Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Trump's a verified con artist and the people around him are scoundrels who aren't above any kind of scam but this line of thinking doesn't stand up to scrutiny. The Trump administration is a chaotic and poorly oiled machine that places rakes in front just so that it can step on them. It's competence at just about anything is non-existent. Its experts have been pushed out in favour of opportunistic sycophants. It leaks like a sieve (as has been pointed out by others). There is no way that there is enough intelligence or coordination or loyalty in this administration to pull such a scheme off successfully.

But...hear me out...

Is it conceivable that there was a 'plan B' in place if it looked liked Trump might lose the election? His ego simply would not tolerate that.

He fakes an illness, Pence takes over and loses to Biden. Trump runs again for a second term in 2024.

I just don't trust the man (and I may have watched too much House of Cards over the last few weeks...)

Is it such an outlandish suggestion, given how many lies he consistently tells?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

maebee wrote: »
    With a mask on.

The biggest mask I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Two identical choppers arriving at the hospital. This is mad!!

Probably his medical team and security etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

That's it Trump have a chat with the pilots and touch every handrail you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Probably his medical team and security etc

There are 3 helicopters usually. One has the President and the others are decoys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,560 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

saabsaab wrote: »
    Shows the 6 degrees of separation (6 handshakes away from everyone on the planet) in action. From the remote area outside Wuhan to the Potus.

Probably a bit more than 6 though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

But...hear me out...

Is it conceivable that there was a 'plan B' in place if it looked liked Trump might lose the election? His ego simply would not tolerate that.

He fakes an illness, Pence takes over and loses to Biden. Trump runs again for a second term in 2024.

I just don't trust the man (and I may have watched too much House of Cards over the last few weeks...)

Is it such an outlandish suggestion, given how many lies he consistently tells?

If he's not winning this time around, he's never winning again. The people have woken up. They'll not slip again in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Looks grand on Sky News just now - at least he walked off the plane no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I've never seen so many masks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    That's it Trump touch every handrail you can.

Leave it out - the man is ill.

He is very brave to walk out to the helicopter

Tonight we all pray for his recovery.

Tonight we are all Republicans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Trump should be ashamed for calling him 'not smart' and denigrating his son.

He should also be eternally ashamed for being so cavalier about a virus that has claimed over 200,000 of his citizens and has now caught up with him.

It's going interesting to be interesting to figure out why America has had so few Covid deaths given the scale of the infection there.

Trump walks to helicopter, Trump disembarks from helicopter. Stay tuned for slow-motion replays folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

3 white house journalists have tested positive now too. Must be rampant in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sorolla wrote: »

1/10

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Danzy wrote: »
    It's going interesting to be interesting to figure out why America has had so few Covid deaths given the scale of the infection there.

WTF

s1ippy wrote: »
    I was literally just saying this. Her death couldn't possibly have sparked a tinderbox with more efficacy.

Her replacement is considered a given and her passing is already old news , no disrespect to her and her incredible achievements.

If she had of wanted to advance her position, she would surely have chosen a different way to how it worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,019 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Very cynical
    If Biden does win, there will always be an asterisk beside his name in the history books

Biden should be ashamed of himself - calling a POTUS a clown

Telling a POTUS to “shut up, man”

How about Trump he has been doing the same. Will there be an asterisk he was to win

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Some people won't get your sarcasm, it's so good

Just looking at the slow motion replay he did sort of lurch but I think it was him simultaneously bending and turning to his right in the cramped helicopter

• Advertisement

The real news tonight is No Time to Die's release date has been kicked out to April 2021!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Biden says it's an "American moment".

Whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

COVID-19 will be running the United States for the next week.

No, we aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Danzy wrote: »

Maybe something to do with a POTUS spouting bull with regards how serious this virus is..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Donald looking very slim as he walked out to the helicopter......hmmmmm #faketrump

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If he's not winning this time around, he's never winning again. The people have woken up. They'll not slip again in the near future.

Not so fast.

Say he recovers from Covid (irrespective of how bad he actually gets).
    His team put out that his Dr's expected the worst but he pulled through to their amazement.
    They say he will take 3 weeks to recuperate and rest.
    He appears on the campaign trail a week later saying he couldn't abandon his country during such a time of great need.
    He says his experience has thought him exactly what needs to happen with Covid and he will formulate a new strategy which will protect the economy, help businesses and save lives. All he needs from you is his vote to return him to put his plan in to action.

No more debates. No more hard questions. An easy excuse if he needs to disappear from a story for a day or 2.

Say what you want about America, but it fcuking loves a real life hero, even if this guy is no real life hero.

If I was Biden, I'd pull all negative ads but push Bidens message vigorously and have him appear and talk about how he hopes Trump recovers but that it is clear that his plan did not work, and cannot work. Get out ahead of the next Trump message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

namloc1980 wrote: »

He's grand

Clearly a deep fake! /s

3 white house journalists have tested positive now too. Must be rampant in there.

It's rampant in Cork and Dublin, it's every where in America.

• Advertisement

His voice def weaker than usual in that video

And a bit odd the way he said “I THINK I’m doing well”, maybe the docs are worried but he is not

Advertisement