Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Maybe Irish people on boards have had relatives in the US die of covid because of his policies and their anger is justified?

do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Deshawn wrote:
    Absolutely ridiculous.

Yup, this administrations approach to this virus has indeed being just that, and now the real facts, the fact that he's obese, could be a serious problem with this virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Maybe Irish people on boards have had relatives in the US die of covid because of his policies and their anger is justified?

Doubt it to be honest.

So Boris, the president of Brazil and trump catch coronavirus. What have they in common?

Thickness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Oh wow, we actually have Trump support here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Yup, this administrations approach to this virus has indeed being just that, and now the real facts, the fact that he's obese, could be a serious problem with this virus

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with the virus but I'd imagine someone who is obese and elderly but with access to the best of care is going to have a better chance than Joe soap has of fighting it off in some pressure cooker of a public hospital.

GooglePlus wrote:

Boards has always had trump supporter's

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

kowloonkev wrote: »
    do you?

Yes

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with the virus but I'd imagine someone who is obese and elderly but with access to the best of care is going to have a better chance than Joe soap has of fighting it off in some pressure cooker of a public hospital.

But to be honest, he deserves that care over others, since he's the greatest, or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

GooglePlus wrote: »

It is really quite simplistic to think those of us who are unhappy someone has caught this virus = Trump supporters.

A better term would be "not disgusting people".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    It is really quite simplistic to think those of us who are unhappy someone has caught this virus = Trump supporters.

Haha what a hill to die on

Yes

ok then i guess i can understand your emotional comments

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Boards has always had trump supporter's

Irish people who voice their support for Trump, a foreign president, only want to go against the grain for the chance of a wind up in a pub somewhere.

OMM 0000 wrote: »

Who said I was talking about you or did you place yourself there subconsciously?

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

i wouldn’t wish death on him, but i hope he has a bad dose. i think Boris being hospitalised went a long way to toning down his bluster and a bad dose could do the same for Trump (ie, he might start to take it seriously). If he brushes it off, then its only going to embolden his stance that COVID is nothing to worry about and we should effectively ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Who said I was talking about you or did you place yourself there subconsciously?

I never said you were talking about me.

Irish people who voice their support for Trump, a foreign president, only want to go against the grain for the chance of a wind up in a pub somewhere.

Pub? Where? I'd love a pint

GooglePlus wrote:

Disagree there, I know many Irish supporters and they're deadly serious with their support, I'd imagine since he's been on hydroxychloroquine a long time, his recovery will be a speedy one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I don't see anyone actively supporting Trump. I see a lot of active anti trump posts though, which is amusing....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I hope the Trumps recover from Covid. I'd rather see them alive and facing their own political downfall than dead and oblivious to it. So godspeed to them.

• Advertisement

May I appeal to the people who hate Trump and are wishing him ill, to rethink for a moment and perhaps not go down to the level you might think he is at?

If the left in the USA has this kind of reaction where there are large amounts of people celebrating him having the virus, then it's just going to send people flocking to the right. Why not just be politically smart, wish him recovery, or don't say anything and then you can actually stay on that high horse you claim to be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

The compassionate left is out in full force on this one...

I hope the Trumps recover from Covid. I'd rather see them alive and facing their own political downfall than dead and oblivious to it. So godspeed to them.

I wouldn't bracket Melania with Donald, she's just a prisoner to be honest.

kowloonkev wrote:
    If the left in the USA has this kind of reaction where there are large amounts of people celebrating him having the virus, then it's just going to send people flocking to the right. Why not just be politically smart, wish him recovery, or don't say anything and then you can actually stay on that high horse you claim to be on?

I'd say most have made their minds up already to be honest, not many lefties in America anyway, particularly politically

Oh smart woman there I'd say, prisoner by choice I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

kowloonkev wrote: »
    Hope the anti-Trump people here don't catch the virus after letting their masks slip.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Call me a cynic, but this reeks of a damage limitation stunt to get out of debates followed by some triumphant recovery just before the voting starts to pull in votes

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nice.

What is nice?

jester77 wrote:
    Call me a cynic, but this reeks of a damage limitation stunt to get out of debates followed by some triumphant recovery just before the voting starts to pull in votes

I'm also extremely wary of this news, we ll just have to wait and see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,846 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Given the audio of her that was released just before the covid news broke... I think she fits well within the same bracket as Donald.

Advertisement