Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Assuming Trump survives this brush with Covid19, and without any noticeable after effects, I would predict that he will claim that he was right all along that this virus is just like flu!
    Anyone expecting Trump to be humble and contrite is going to be disappointed. He will play this for all its worth in the political sphere. It might even win him the election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Sorolla wrote: »
    Poor auld mrs o Driscoll who lives in our parish and who looked after her elderly mother for years ended up getting the COVID through no fault of her own.

Anyone who gets the virus is just very unlucky - there should never be a blame game

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Poor auld mrs o Driscoll who lives in our parish and who looked after her elderly mother for years ended up getting the COVID through no fault of her own.

Anyone who gets the virus is just very unlucky - there should never be a blame game

Well who knows who Hope Hicks picked the virus up from, could have been trump himself if his own infection is more advanced then is reported so far.

But when you have a duty to lead by example as a head of state and fail, resulting from your own continuing incompetance, contributing to 10's of thousands of more death's of your own people than were necessary, yes I believe blame should be apportioned.

But I assume that Mrs O'Drisoll didnt have that responsibility, or did she?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Most people who get it are unlucky but people who downplay its risks to the population, mock mask wearers and hold infection events do have some blame to shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Well, i'm off to bed.

EWXXqm8XgAE3TiO.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Assuming Trump survives this brush with Covid19, and without any noticeable after effects, I would predict that he will claim that he was right all along that this virus is just like flu!
    Anyone expecting Trump to be humble and contrite is going to be disappointed. He will play this for all its worth in the political sphere. It might even win him the election.

You wouldn't know. He might get a fright. He might have gotten one already. No tweets talking crap about anyone all day then a weird video. Wearing a mask. He's already a changed man ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump's coronavirus task force now saying they too are "in the dark" on Trump's health.

Something not feeling right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

If someone had turned in the last 4 years as a movie script in 2015 it would have elicited howls of laughter at its ridiculousness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Trump coronavirus task force now saying they are "in the dark" on Trump's health.

Something not right here.

They aren't going to be privy to that information. No more than any other Dept or group within.

That's not happening, who ever is President.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭maebee

Roger_007 wrote: »

Assuming he doesn't end up in an ICU on a ventilator.

• Advertisement

If someone had turned in the last 4 years as a movie script in 2015 it would have elicited howls of laughter at its ridiculousness.

Would have to be slapstick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    You wouldn't know. He might get a fright. He might have gotten one already. No tweets talking crap about anyone all day then a weird video. Wearing a mask. He's already a changed man ha!

I doubt there is anything wrong with him Covid wise. It is a publicity stunt. No more debates and all that. It is so obvious that this has been engineered now.

Just like BoJo in UK.

But let's see what happens. Don't see much worry about Melania or Hope.

Keep the sceptical faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Trump's coronavirus task force now saying they too are "in the dark" on Trump's health.

What, you mean the story might be REAL, and developing as we speak???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,904 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What does the CTF need with that information in fairness? Also I really wouldn't expect any employee of the WH to reveal medical information to the Press like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Well, i'm off to bed.

EWXXqm8XgAE3TiO.jpg

I must assume that you drink the whisky and put the disinfectant up the bum because the contents of that glass don't look like zambuka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I doubt there is anything wrong with him Covid wise. It is a publicity stunt. No more debates and all that. It is so obvious that this has been engineered now.

Just like BoJo in UK.

There is no way he'd portray himself as being so weak that he'd need to be airlifted to hospital.

Johnson has never been himself since he got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Randle P. McMurphy

You reap what you sow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,607 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Just like BoJo in UK.

Ah, here, BoJo was in ICU. I'm all for being skeptical, but I have no doubt the man was seriously ill. He still doesn't appear to be fully himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

ro_chez wrote: »
    Kind of intriguing though isnt it?, that at least in the west, Boris, Bolsonaro and now Trump, who for their own individual reasons, handled this situation incredibly badly at the expense of their own citizens who they have a duty to protect, ended up contracting this disease themselves.

Yeah because they continued themselves as if things were normal. Even the average Joe takes more precautions.

Boris was going around shaking hands with everybody in his own words.

It's an insight into the bluster 3 men used to get to the top. Networking and charisma with **** all substance.

Hurrache wrote: »
    There is no way he'd portray himself as being so weak that he'd need to be airlifted to hospital.

Johnson has never been himself since he got it.

Of course not; honestly it's a silly thing to debate about, nothing wrong with or unusual about it. Not like he was going to walk out there in his shorts behaving like he has a man flu. I think anyone who was in the same position would have suited up the same. But neither should people act like it's 'so brave' lol, like commuting from home to go see a doctor is such a harrowing and incredible dilemma.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

He will be boasting about giving patie during it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Biden should be ashamed of himself - calling a POTUS a clown

This is a fool that has downplayed Covid at every opportunity and has even mocked people for wearing masks.

And now he has Covid.

He's a clown.
    Telling a POTUS to “shut up, man”

He needed to be told to shut up. He was interrupting all the time.

Bojo had a bit of a breakdown I think, he was only in hospital for a week or so. Fake news, and his advisor was testing his eyes uup North. God almighty we have to be a bit cynical these days we are being led by the nose. Well some of us are.

Biden should be ashamed of himself - calling a POTUS a clown

Telling a POTUS to “shut up, man”

Is this real indignation or feigned indignation? :rolleyes:

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah, here, BoJo was in ICU. I'm all for being skeptical, but I have no doubt the man was seriously ill. He still doesn't appear to be fully himself.

I don't think he cares or cared. Idiot and a charlatan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Tony EH wrote:
    He's a clown.

Ah now that's not fair. He's more like an oompa loompa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,934 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd say there will be plenty of folk hoping this virus kills off Trump.

They just might not want to admit it aloud.

For the record, I ain't one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

maebee wrote: »
    With a mask on.

Better late than ever! :rolleyes:

I can't decide whether it was sad or hilarious to see everybody, even Meadows, wearing masks. To think that it took the President contracting the virus to get them to this stage. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'd say there will be plenty of folk hoping this virus kills off Trump.

They just might not want to admit it aloud.

For the record, I ain't one of them.

There are no shortage who will and there will be plenty as well who'll say it to fit in with the lah de da activist class but who couldn't care either way.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »

If he is not capable of being PM what happens? Since you say he is not fully himself.

Gob****e of the highest order, but it just shows how compliant British people are these days. And with Brexit around the corner it can only get better. :p

Advertisement