Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Exposed as a fraud of a businessman,.
    Serial tax avoider.
    Playing down covid

Great leader indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Exposed as a fraud of a businessman,.

Then why does he not take his $400,000 salary and donates it all instead?
    Serial tax avoider.

People are supposed to be serial tax avoiders in the States. It's tax evasion which is a crime.
    Playing down covid

Up-played it in terms of action, though, which is what counts and Obama played down H1N1 saying it was nothing to be alarmed about. Never seen any headlines from the liberal media or leftist talking points saying: "Tell the families of those that have died not to be alarmed!!" as has been the case with Trump and Covid. It's ALL political. No serious person is fooled by the faux sanctimony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

And it would have been a hell of a lot more if it was Hillary in charge, that's for sure. As not a hope she have would banned travel from China

Can you prove that?

And as for a great leader.

He caused people to ingest bleach.
    Would not condemn a fascist group, in fact he's emboldened them.
    Going by that standard, Jim Jones should have a few noble prizes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Trump's Irish fanboys are really fucking weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Then why does he not take his $400,000 salary and donates it all instead?

People are supposed to be serial tax avoiders in the States. It's tax evasion which is a crime.

Up-played it in terms of action, though, which is what counts and Obama played down H1N1 saying it was nothing to be alarmed about. Never seen any headlines from the liberal media or leftist talking points saying: "Tell the families of those that have died not to be alarmed!!" as has been the case with Trump and Covid. It's ALL political. No serious person is fooled by the faux sanctimony.

How much have his golf trips cost the American tax payer?

If people are supposed to be tax avoiders, why does anyone pay it?

And what does Obama have to do with the current pandemic? Apart from setting up a pandemic response team that Trump tore down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Trump's handling of the little rocket man in N.Korea alone, is worthy of high praise internationally... like you said Pete, most people just sneered at him and refused to engage with him in any way. (presumably because they were scared sh!tless of their image being tarnished working with a dictator)

Trump understands that you need a working relationship with all influential people - even the ones you don't like or agree with their politics. That's something he definitely brought over from the business world, which many of the modern career politicians just can't seem to grasp.

It's amazing the left paints Trump as such a useless leader, so you'd think it would be pretty easy to displace him really...?? The most qualified presidential candidate in history (Hillary:pac:) couldn't beat him... then they failed to have him impeached... now most of them have been resigning themselves to defeat even before biden became the front runner, as apparently there wasn't a single candidate worthy of the task of taking on such a hopeless guy like Trump... funny eh? :p

At what point do you have to admit to yourself that the guy actually has something, and did not merely stumble into the highest seat in the land by pure chance?

Like him or loathe him, the man has leadership abilities. That's a clear fact. You may not like his leadership style or his politics or his decisions... but to deny he has any ability, and then simultaneously admit that he's almost unbeatable (by anyone), sorry but that's just a dumb and obstinate way to analyse things!

Even some of the greatest generals in history, were capable of acknowledging the strengths of their enemies... because if they didn't then they would have no realistic chance of defeating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He absolutely is a great leader and a great World leader at that. The World is much more stable now with regards to wars. Taking out Soleimani and Al Baghdadi were great moves. The left told us these were both huge mistakes which would lead to war and destabilize the areas, but the opposite has happened. North Korea, same deal. All the left did was sneer and whilst that's still something which is far from perfect, that the tension between both countries is much improved is a huge plus and Trump should be commended not ridiculed for it.
    ]

Trump is no leader. He's a narcissist at the head of a fan group motivated by their hatred of anything conceivably non-conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

The crowd actively wishing death on him were pretty weird too, tbh

At least 4 pages worth of posts had to be deleted from this thread, probably a lot more

Yeah I don't disagree, even though people are angry at how he handled the virus in the US, the mad **** he was coming out with and all that. His death won't help anything and he has a young son and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

...and you love the Provo's

Now't so queer as folk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

White house debate prep. room so far with Covid-19.

President Trump: Positive

Kellyanne Conway: Positive

Bill Stepien :Positive

Hope Hicks: Positive

Chris Christie (tbd)

Rudy Giuliania (tbd)

Jason Miller ( tbd)

Stephen Miller (tbd).

Quote- Dana Bash ,CNN.

Leadership of the free world, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Poorside wrote: »
    How much have his golf trips cost the American tax payer?

If people are supposed to be tax avoiders, why does anyone pay it?

And what does Obama have to do with the current pandemic? Apart from setting up a pandemic response team that Trump tore down?
    Really hard to put an exact figure on cost but it is thought to be tens of millions.
    He has played golf at least 293 times since coming to power.
    https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnewsnetteam/2020/09/27/how-many-times-president-donald-trump-played-golf-in-office-103836/

Trump fans conveniently gloss over the facts about him abolishing the pandemic response team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

like anyone who got this virus, i hope i can speak on behalf of everyone in wishing donald trump a speedy recovery.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    ...and you love the Provo's

Now't so queer as folk

The Provos are long gone except in the minds of the mildly demented. ;)

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    White house press room so far with Covid-19.

President Trump: Positive

Kellyanne Conway: Positive

Bill Stepien :Positive

Hope Hicks: Positive

Chris Christie (tbd)

Rudy Giuliania (tbd)

Jason Miller ( tbd)

Stephen Miller (tbd).

Leadership of the free world, I suppose.

Hazards of the job really.

When you are around so many people on a daily basis, mask or not you're going to be highly exposed to it.

I'm sure once you've made your peace with that reality, you just get on with the job. Just like colds and flu etc it's probably more vital to have good hand hygiene as a first defence. Wearing a mask is quite impractical for certain jobs, like presidents where you are required to talk to people 24/7.

Some public officials wear the face mask mostly to portray what they consider to be the right public image. And I think most people criticising Trump, are really just angry that he doesn't feel the need to give in to public pressure... he makes his own mind up on certain things.

That's always been the biggest issue with most things around Trump... even if people don't admit it. We live in a society where everyone has to do what they're told, even in somewhat grey areas of life where you may have a different view or idea - most people are weak and give in to the consensus opinion or pressure from enough people. Because you don't want to stand out or cause problems for yourself in life... it's easier to just to go along with everyone else, rather than fight against the current.

The anger/hatred towards Trump, from this perspective, is actually just misdirected frustration... You're not supposed to do well in life, when you choose to sometimes ignore the consensus opinion and do your own thing. Yet Trump does... and that is hugely frustrating to all the people who have dedicated their lives to fitting in and not upsetting anyone by swimming against the current.

Deep down people are frustrated, because they don't have ability or the b*lls to do the same thing in their own life! ;)

Hazards of the job really.

When you are around so many people on a daily basis, mask or not you're going to be highly exposed to it.

I'm sure once you've made your peace with that reality, you just get on with the job. Just like colds and flu etc it's probably more vital to have good hand hygiene as a first defence. Wearing a mask is quite impractical for certain jobs, like presidents where you are required to talk to people 24/7.

Some public officials wear the face mask mostly to portray what they consider to be the right public image. And I think most people criticising Trump, are really just angry that he doesn't feel the need to give in to public pressure... he makes his own mind up on certain things.

That's always been the biggest issue with most things around Trump... even if people don't admit it. We live in a society where everyone has to do what they're told, even in somewhat grey areas of life where you may have a different view or idea - most people are weak and give in to the consensus opinion or pressure from enough people. Because you don't want to stand out or cause problems for yourself in life... it's easier to just to go along with everyone else, rather than fight against the current.

The anger/hatred towards Trump, from this perspective, is actually just misdirected frustration... You're not supposed to do well in life, when you choose to sometimes ignore the consensus opinion and do your own thing. Yet Trump does... and that is hugely frustrating to all the people who have dedicated their lives to fitting in and not upsetting anyone by swimming against the current.

Deep down people are frustrated, because they don't have ability or the b*lls to do the same thing in their own life! ;)

Anger /hatred towards Trump are your words.

Politicians of any persuasion asking the public to engage in health measures like social distancing /face masks/sanitiser or working from home/furloughing -need to practise what they preach.

In fairness to President Trump -he seemed to be against practising any health measures that would affect the economy more than the people..

So, I won't call him out on preaching. Let's hope all the White House staff recover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Trump (no mask, as usual) threw his hat into the crowd at a rally in Minnesota.

That rally was the day before he tested positive.

Two hats from what I saw.

Say it fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Anger /hatred towards Trump are your words.

Politicians of any persuasion asking the public to engage in health measures like social distancing /face masks/sanitiser or working from home/furloughing -need to practise what they preach.

In fairness to President Trump -he seemed to be against practising any health measures that would affect the economy more than the people..

So, I won't call him out on preaching. Let's hope all the White House staff recover.

Trump may go along with the advice for the public, because for most people the wearing of a mask is practical in their everyday lives. But perhaps he views it as impractical for him personally in his daily activities.

I don't really agree with every decision he makes or opinion he holds, but I do actually like that he makes his own mind up about certain things. And is strong enough to resist public pressure. (Doesn't mean he's always correct)

Like I said, I think most people's strategy for succeeding in life, is to try and fit in and swim with the current as much as possible in life... always do what is expected of them, always comply with consensus pressure. Try not to anger people by going against the current.

Trump quite often does the opposite, and gets away with it for the most part - obviously when you do the opposite of what you're expected to do, you're going to open yourself up to huge criticism if it doesn't work out.

I think it's the fact that Trump is willing to take that risk, in many cases, that frustrates and angers people. And the fact that he's managed to get this far in life, and been highly successful while not following the same blueprint as most people do in society.

It's funny, because in society we seem to both love and hate rebellious people... like I said, perhaps deep down more people would like to have a rebellious streak, but they've been conditioned to fit in and not rock the boat as a strategy for succeeding (or surviving) in life.

There is a lot of psychology behind many people's natural reactions to Trump. It can tell you a lot about a person, to see how they react to him. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I've been asleep for a couple of hours and am after waking up. Which Republicans don't have the virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

"The news of Kellyanne Conway catching the virus was first released by her daughter over TikTok."

Why kellyannes aides or the White House didn't think it was in the publics interest to tell them first is anyone's guess.

I hope she receives as much compassion as she has shown others.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I think it's the fact that Trump is willing to take that risk, in many cases, that frustrates and angers people. And the fact that he's managed to get this far in life, and been highly successful while not following the same blueprint as most people do in society.

What risks has he truly taken in life?
    There is a lot of psychology behind many people's natural reactions to Trump. It can tell you a lot about a person, to see how they react to him.

Oh please do, I'd be interested to know, what you can tell about me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

At least 4 pages worth of posts had to be deleted from this thread, probably a lot more
    Its very hard to have sympathy for anyone with injuries from Russian roulette

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

And it would have been a hell of a lot more if it was Hillary in charge,

And there you have it, thats the level of debate haha

brooke 2 wrote: »
    It actually made my blood boil to see them. Why could they not have started to wear them when Fauci and others were advising everybody to do so? How many people might still be alive if Trump had not embarked on his anti-mask campaign?:mad:

Because they are morons. They don't believe in science. Eric has already asked us to start praying. Praying to stop the democrat hoax? Morons.

I've been asleep for a couple of hours and am after waking up. Which Republicans don't have the virus?

You have missed nothing (look over there,don't read the next sentence).

Apparently, the White House cluster amounts to more cases than were found in Australia in the last 24 hrs.

Look at them all packed in. Kelly Anne is sitting behind FLOTUS.

https://twitter.com/ReviewResist/status/1312189651847794688

• Registered Users Posts: 26,445 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What risks has he truly taken in life?

Not wearing a mask in a pandemic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

breezy1985 wrote:
    Not wearing a mask in a pandemic

I'd class that as just being dumb and ignorant

Advertisement