Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Maybe Irish people on boards have had relatives in the US die of covid because of his policies and their anger is justified?

More likely they’ve allowed identity politics and left vs right stuff to envelop their outlook and feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

jester77 wrote: »
    Call me a cynic, but this reeks of a damage limitation stunt to get out of debates followed by some triumphant recovery just before the voting starts to pull in votes

certainly not beyond the realms of possibilty. maybe Joe should ask for a re-test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Oh smart woman there I'd say, prisoner by choice I'd imagine

My main takeaway from her leaked tapes tonight is that she's an astute woman and she's where she wants to be. Maybe not doing the things she wants to do, but she's no damsel in distress.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Omackeral wrote:
    More likely they’ve allowed identity politics and left vs right stuff to envelop their outlook and feelings.

Where's the political left in America?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Penn wrote: »
    Given the audio of her that was released just before the covid news broke... I think she fits well within the same bracket as Donald.

What'd she say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

kowloonkev wrote: »
    What is nice?

“Letting the mask slip”

Was a nice play on words. Although now I’m realising it was unintended...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

May I appeal to the people who hate Trump and are wishing him ill, to rethink for a moment and perhaps not go down to the level you might think he is at?

If the left in the USA has this kind of reaction where there are large amounts of people celebrating him having the virus, then it's just going to send people flocking to the right. Why not just be politically smart, wish him recovery, or don't say anything and then you can actually stay on that high horse you claim to be on?

I’m not sure that’s how it works. Extremists on the right like the ‘proud’ boys haven’t sent people flocking to the left in the numbers that you anticipate here.

Omackeral wrote: »
    “Letting the mask slip”

Was a nice play on words. Although now I’m realising it was unintended...

it was intended lol but i thought you were being sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You can always tell the people who just listen to the mainstream media and those who bother to get the facts.

Trump initiated a travel ban on China at the end of January when most people hadn't even heard of the virus. This was labelled hysterical xenophobia by Joe Biden at the time and the Coronavirus taskforce was set up that week CNN moaned that there wasn't enough white people on it. The New York Times and the Washington Post all ran articles about how Trump was fear-mongering.

Trump spoke about the Coronavirus at the State of the Union on Feb 4th, but Nancy Pelosi ripping up his speech made the headlines. She would eventually go to Chinatown and give a live presser ensuring everyone that it was safe down there and that the POTUS didn't know what he was talking about. Bill DeBlasio tweeted out that New Yorkers should just get on with their lives and live as they always have. The democrats then went back to focusing on the circus that was Impeachment.

Both Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx are on record as saying that Trump ALWAYS did what they requested and took any actions which they deemed to be necessary.
    Anthony-Fauci-on-COVID-19-Trump-and-Staying-Healthy-The-Atlantic.png

Trump was busy mobilizing both the public and private sectors to secure and manufacture needed supplies and enacted the Defense Production Act over 25 times to make sure that they had supplies which were difficult to source. Provided financial support to workers and small businesses to help them stay afloat. Invested billions into vaccine and therapeutic research and launched the Paycheck Protection Program and also took executive action to ensure unemployment benefits for those out of work and prevent families from losing their homes. Provided student debt relief.

Cuomo, before her went all Fredo when he made a mess of things, even admitted Trump was doing all that NY needed him to do:

When the media and Democrats refuse to do it, Trump called out China for refusing to be transparent and the WHO for showing bias towards China which jeopardized the safety of Americans. Quite frankly, Trump is a better President than half that country deserve. For the other half I hope him and the first lady and speedy recovery and hope they are victorious on Nov 3rd as lord knows he deserves it after the 4 years he has had to put up with from the democrats and the media bootlickers.

You can always tell the people who just listen to the mainstream media and those who bother to get the facts.

So your sources are far superior?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

He hasn't shown any empathy to those who have contracted it or died from it. He consistently refuses to show any leadership to help keep those numbers down. I'm not saying he deserved it but it seems like a definite case of karma.

I don't actually believe he has it, the next debate is exactly 14 days from now so this seems a bit too convenient.

If he can demand Obamas birth cert its only fair game we get a doctors note from Trump

breezy1985 wrote:
    If he can demand Obamas birth cert its only fair game we get a doctors note from Trump

Fairness isn't a part of the narrcacissts thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The old coot will probably pull through. You can't kill a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

How Boards allow this comment remain is a disgrace.

It is.

Here's Trump during the last election when Clinton got pneumonia. Maybe the stick he's getting now is just Karma.

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/782673397952094208?s=19

Phoebas wrote:
    Here's Trump during the last election when Clinton got pneumonia. Maybe the stick he's getting now is just Karma.

Or maybe he's just ignorant of the facts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

The parasite Vs the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The unhinged among the blue checked left are off and running anyway.

https://twitter.com/mbonfiglio2000/status/1311899561682755587

Phoebas wrote: »
    It is.

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/782673397952094208?s=19

Is this the equivalent of wishing someone a horrible death? Or have I missed the point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Covid tests positive for Donald trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The compassionate left is out in full force on this one...

It is what it is

• Advertisement

The unhinged blue checked left are off and running anyway.

Who's your man, and how do you know he's a lefty?

The unhinged among the blue checked left are off and running anyway.

https://twitter.com/mbonfiglio2000/status/1311899561682755587

this is just campaigning for Trump really. They never learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Does this mean Trump is now part of the hoax? Part of the deep state? Its so hard to keep up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The news programmes will delight in showing his previous comments and the stupidity of not wearing a mssk.

You'd fancy that they'll be a big cluster within the White House staff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? My leader?

Obviously someone who has this virus deserves sympathy. What's wrong with you?

All the people all over the world who contracted the virus have my sympathy, all except one.

hetuzozaho wrote:
    Does this mean Trump is now part of the hoax? Part of the deep state? Its so hard to keep up!

They clearly paid his bills, he's in now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    They clearly paid his bills, he's in now

And why is he getting tested? Testing causes cases. It seems one rule for him...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Is this the equivalent of wishing someone a horrible death? Or have I missed the point?

Not the same thing, but in the same neighborhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

s1ippy wrote: »
    As I said with Boris Johnson, I hope his outcome is poor, that he might experience some of the pain and trauma others have due to his corrupt leadership and despicable megalomania.

Maybe if Boris had died, millions of British people wouldn't be dead or up sh!t creek now. Perhaps Trump will die and there won't be an enforced leader in the US from Nov on as he intends. It's not going to be possible to make him leave office, even if he does lose. That's very problematic for their country.

I have every expectation that like every other utter prick that gets it, he'll get the best of medical intervention and make a full recovery. It's a shame how these things go.

Under 80 with no chronic conditions, odds say he’ll probably not even notice he has it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

The tone of this thread is a disgrace.

Advertisement