Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

So just some random weirdos then.

Some blue ticks... Dont know her though

https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress/status/1311959767842250752

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Boggles wrote: »
    It's a headline I imagine you could have typed it out.

What is it?

It's not something I'd type* just Google it
    Laziness, not morally..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,453 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Akrasia wrote: »
    Given that Biden is 77 years old, if Trump infected him with the virus, and he died before the election, can a dead person be elected president, would his running mate automatically get promoted to president?
    The US system of having a fixed presidential election date sure makes for a lot of interesting permutations when all of the different kinds of Sh1t hit the fan at the same time

Harris was 3rd favourite to be next president at 80/1 on PP . I wonder will Pence jump up the list when betting resumes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

In case anything bad happens to Trump I would like to state in advance -
    He is a bumbling, gauche, egotistical, brash, embarrassing individual who I think was rather surprised to find himself as the US President. Thus have his whoring, rude and indiscrete ways been the subject of public scrutiny. I would go for a pint with Donald Trump a million times before I would go for a pint with Biden, Hillary or the insufferable Kamala . Trump is amusing, cheeky, irreverent, bold, a big trickster and I would enjoy his company. He has an odd paternalistic streak and I think he genuinely connects with a lot of people because of his saviour complex. By having an unusual approach in areas like Korea and the Middle East he has effected improvements there and has not been the warmonger people screech about. The Democrats should have chosen Tulsi or Yang, that would have been absolutely fab, but they messed that up and fcuk em. I hope Trump and his family and colleagues get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Gruffalux wrote: »
    Trump is amusing, cheeky, irreverent, bold, a big trickster and I would enjoy his company. He has an odd

Trump is about as amusing as a dose of Covid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Inquitus wrote: »

Nothing to do with the fact he wouldn't wear a mask and mocked people that did?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

He is a bumbling, gauche, egotistical, brash, embarrassing individual who I think was rather surprised to find himself as the US President. Thus have his whoring, rude and indiscrete ways been the subject of public scrutiny. I would go for a pint with Donald Trump a million times before I would go for a pint with Biden, Hillary or the insufferable Kamala . Trump is amusing, cheeky, irreverent, bold, a big trickster and I would enjoy his company. He has an odd paternalistic streak and I think he genuinely connects with a lot of people because of his saviour complex. By having an unusual approach in areas like Korea and the Middle East he has effected improvements there and has not been the warmonger people screech about. The Democrats should have chosen Tulsi or Yang, that would have been absolutely fab, but they messed that up and fcuk em. I hope Trump and his family and colleagues get well soon.

obama-biden-laughing-getty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Inquitus wrote: »

I'm sure the same posters will take the time to post how disgusting Republicans use of Trumps illness for political gain is.

Any. Moment. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Awww lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Trump is and always has been a joke.

No one in Ireland cares if he dies or not.

Outside of the outrage bubble, most people get a laugh out of Trump here.

I'd disagree. Those educated enough to understand it, and of a conservative persuasion, know that Trump and those like him, in positions of power, are holding back some of the worst indulgences of the left in the developed world. Things that are unacceptable or repulsive to those of the conservative mind. What makes its way here as cultural or societal movements usually start somewhere, often in US so we have an interest in what is incubated over there before being exported to places like Ireland.

So, far from not caring about what happens, I'd say many hope he pulls through and continues his work as a bulwark against radical left ideology, before passing on the mantle to someone else.
    He's not perfect, in fact he's rude and brash for sure, but he represents the battle against the far left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'd disagree. Those educated enough to understand it, and of a conservative persuasion, know that Trump and those like him, in positions of power, are holding back some of the worst indulgences of the left in the developed world. Things that are unacceptable or repulsive to those of the conservative mind. What makes its way here as cultural or societal movements usually start somewhere, often in US so we have an interest in what is incubated over there before being exported to places like Ireland.

So, far from not caring about what happens, I'd say many hope he pulls through and continues his work as a bulwark against radical left ideology, before passing on the mantle to someone else.
    He's not perfect, in fact he's rude and brash for sure, but he represents the battle against the far left.

We are by the US's own definition of far left, a far left country, what on earth do they export to Ireland culturally or societally in this day and age? Are you unhappy with our society as it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,203 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He cheated on his wife while his wife was pregnant.
    He said that he'd be dating Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter.

His Paternalistic streak is fcuking odd alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Just had a thought

If he stays in hospital at least a week, will he come out looking white instead of orange?

...and what will happen to his bouffant?

He cheated on his wife while his wife was pregnant.
    He said that he'd be dating Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter.

His Paternalistic streak is fcuking odd alright.

He would have to get his dick out in the Oval office for the intern to fellate at least TWICE before I could say that has shockingly never happened before! :D
    I never said he was good. I said I think he is good craic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Former president Bill Clinton, pervert.

The white house is the place to be.

He would have to get his dick out in the Oval office for the intern to fellate at least TWICE before I could say that has shockingly never happened before! :D

I don't even think I could go for a pint with him.

Every local pub in the land has that sort of blowhard waxing lyrical about their own shyte.

For about 5 minutes it's amusing and from that point onwards it just a competition to make sure your not the poor sap that gets stuck with him.

Deshawn wrote: »
    I did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Former president Bill Clinton, pervert.

The white house is the place to be.

You shouldn't refer to him that way! Take that back!!

His proper title is President Clinton, pervert.
    Presidents retain the title, not former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

So Donald Trump is a leader, and this is proven because he is someone who was born into a fortune and proceeded to get elected in a system where you need hundreds of millions to have any chance to run an effective campaign

Whereas Varadkar is not a leader and that is because he got elected under a different system where you don't need hundreds of millions to run an election. And Holohan is not a leader because he was promoted up to do a job.

I am merely pointing out the contradiction in your "logic"

I suppose that maybe the answer is subjective in that you are merely telling us what attracts you to a person as a leader. I suppose it is like the way that they always say that some women are attracted to men that treat them like shite.

You haven't pointed out any contradiction in my logic.

You brought up something I never even mentioned.

It's funny, people claim Trump is broke and rubbish in business... yet contradict themselves by saying he bought the election - which would probably display both his wealth and ability to influence important people to get what he wants. (kind of an important skill the big business world)

And he also shunned many influential donors, which would seem to be part of the reason many people voted for him. People were sick of having donor puppets in office. Which showed he does have some integrity.

In this country, you mostly just need to lick the right arses, hold the correct opinions and display the right image to be promoted up the ladder - varadkar is the perfect example of this. He's a walking talking cliche... if it wasn't so pathetic and tragic for the future of our country's politics, it would be funny... (I lie it is kinda funny... I can't help laughing whenever I hear him speak!:pac:)

As for Hoolahan - again I don't really care how he got there - he was hopelessly out of his depth as our CMO, and made numerous very costly blunders. Something he had a history of before the pandemic, yet somehow was still in a job. (The reasons for that are a whole discussion on there own tbh)

It's funny that Trump gets ridiculed for his stance on face masks... where is the ridicule for Hoolahan's complete inaction on face masks for months, while people died, and he waited for the WHO to hold his hand and tell him what to do? Hoolahan was the definition of an empty suit... a deer caught in the headlights!

Tbh I don't even want to get into talking about these guys - our leaders are infuriatingly useless. There's not a leader among any of them. It's actually honestly a bit depressing the standard of people who are in leadership roles in this country... but they keep their head down, and don't attract attention like Trump... so they get away with being rubbish, and people even make excuses for them! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

My experience of drinking with people who are self obsessed, lack emotional intelligence and think that insulting other people is humorous is enough to know that I'd be very busy doing something else if they asked me to go for a pint now.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You know there are a lot of barrels being scraped when Bill Clinton is coming up as a deflection/whatabout tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

km991148 wrote: »
    I don't even think I could go for a pint with him.

Every local pub in the land has that sort of blowhard waxing lyrical about their own shyte.

For about 5 minutes it's amusing and from that point onwards it just a competition to make sure your not the poor sap that gets stuck with him.

Kevin bridges puts it best:

https://youtu.be/MN9kaloihyg

My experience of drinking with people who are self obsessed, lack emotional intelligence and think that insulting other people is humorous is enough to know that I'd be very busy doing something else if they asked me to go for a pint now.

Maybe. But oh god insufferably right on rambling Joe would be a worse pain the hole. I am weighing up pains in the hole here, you see...and a million times over I would choose the pain the hole that might amuse me, however briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Could you just type the words here?

This is the Daily Star front page referred to. I dont see the problem with it, all it does is uses Trumps own words on the virus with a headline saying This is Awkward which it clearly is. In fact for the Daily Star it is one of their smarter headlines.

EjWjwZMXcAIAh9K.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1312377080185790466?s=19

Earlier in the month he withdrew from travelling with Trump because someone close to Johnson had tested positive and so he quarantined up to the 29th Sep.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/politics/ron-johnson-coronavirus-quarantine-trump/index.html

https://wkow.com/2020/10/03/senator-ron-johnson-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/
    Johnson spent 14 days in quarantine after learning he had been exposed to someone with COVID-19 on Sept. 14. He tested negative twice during that quarantine.

Johnson returned to Washington Sept. 29 and shortly after was exposed to an individual who has since tested positive

He was tested Friday and the test has since come back positive. According to his office, he's feeling healthy and not experiencing symptoms.

Maybe. But oh god insufferably right on rambling Joe would be a worse pain the hole. I am weighing up pains in the hole here, you see...and a million times over I would choose the pain the hole that might amuse me, however briefly.

Then I would also say to you..enjoy your night pal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

If Trump lives through this then surely we need to look at how bad Covid really is in Wave/Surge 2 now that the medical world has had 6 months to figure out how to better treat it

He's one of the most unhealthy looking "politicians" I've ever seen and he's 74 years old

Counter argument:

"He'll have access to a medical team that no one else would"

Yes, but pre hospitalization what could he possibly have access to that anyone in Ireland wouldn't?

The only thing that comes to mind is intravenous vitamin C packs, but other than that I can't think of anything he could have given to him now that Mary in Roscommon couldn't get too

Muahahaha wrote: »
    This is the Daily Star front page referred to. I dont see the problem with it, all it does is uses Trumps own words on the virus with a headline saying This is Awkward which it clearly is. In fact for the Daily Star it is one of their smarter headlines.

EjWjwZMXcAIAh9K.jpg

I'm disappointed, I was expecting something better than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Faugheen wrote: »
    You know there are a lot of barrels being scraped when Bill Clinton is coming up as a deflection/whatabout tactic.
    Agree, at least wait until the Epstein trial has fully run it's cause, including all Bill's trips to the Island (and elsewhere) on the Lolita Express.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    How do they think the helicopter works and the amazing hospital they brought him to works? Why are they all a bit dumb? And how did they all meet?

Helicopters are like birds, God gave them hollow bones. Hospitals are easy, just give them lots and money and they fix things.

Advertisement