Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Amy Coney Barrett brought her 7 unmasked kids to a super spreader event to show how pro life she is, so she could be confirmed by a group of pro life people who have presided over 200K+ deaths, to be a pro life judge that will uphold the death penalty and take away health insurance.

Any word if this paragon of moral virtue has been tested herself? It would be quite the twist in the tale if she were to be struck down before her confirmation. At that stage, I might actually start believing in justice from beyond the grave...

Brilliant! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,736 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Democrats have agreed to take down all negative ads targeting Trump, four weeks out from the election. In my opinion, that's a bad move. They should certainly not be pulling any ads, especially those regarding Trump's atrocious handling of the virus. If the roles were reversed, guaranteed the Trump campaign would not be as magnanimous.

tbh makes sense to me. Never interrupt an enemy making a mistake.
    I think Trump and his close circle testing positive drills home the message re: handling of the virus in a more persuasive way than any amount of Democrat attack ads.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Amy Coney Barrett brought her 7 unmasked kids to a super spreader event to show how pro life she is, so she could be confirmed by a group of pro life people who have presided over 200K+ deaths, to be a pro life judge that will uphold the death penalty and take away health insurance.

Any word if this paragon of moral virtue has been tested herself? It would be quite the twist in the tale if she were to be struck down before her confirmation. At that stage, I might actually start believing in justice from beyond the grave...

ACB has already had covid-19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

All this talk about his illness and the severity (or lack thereof) of it, has conveniently eclipsed all discussion of his taxes and the disaster of a debate. It will, of course, mean he probably won't be taking part in a second debate also.

The Democrats have agreed to take down all negative ads targeting Trump, four weeks out from the election. In my opinion, that's a bad move. They should certainly not be pulling any ads, especially those regarding Trump's atrocious handling of the virus. If the roles were reversed, guaranteed the Trump campaign would not be as magnanimous.

I think that is a very humane and good thing to do and if true raises them a lot in my estimation. Joe Biden was very gracious in quickly extending good wishes to Trump and his wife after they tested positive. Which was the proper thing to do for a civil human being. The schadenfreude fest on social media with people profusely glad to see someone sick, wishing for their death or suffering, saying they would drink to an assassination or that their child would benefit from a break from their wretchedness etc etc has been wholly classless. Wishing active ill to another is a very dangerous thing to do from an inner moral point of view. It taints ones own self and does nothing to improve or change how things are. It is akin to cursing a person. Curse - "a prayer that evil or harm befall one".

Far Right think he was infected on purpose by democrats at the debate. Known positive cases working the debate back state were put there to get to him. Assassination attempt by Biden's camp is their belief, soon to be Donalds.

Heard Tucker Carlson insinuating something like this when he was talking to Don Jr. the other night.

'This virus has been around since last March and your father did not contract it until now, just on the approach to the election. Don't you think that is a bit strange?' :eek:

To give credit to Jr., and I could not imagine giving him credit for anything else, he did not bite. Instead, he remarked how the family had received messages of kindness and concern from people on both sides of the divide and they appreciated that very much.

It is generally accepted Carlson is a weasel. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

All this talk about his illness and the severity (or lack thereof) of it, has conveniently eclipsed all discussion of his taxes and the disaster of a debate. It will, of course, mean he probably won't be taking part in a second debate also.

I disagree. If they keep running negative ads while he’s very sick, it will look especially bad if he was to die. Whoever replaces Trump on the ballot would point this out immediately.

I know he’s Donald Trump and he’s a deplorable man, but the Democrats have to take the high ground on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It really underscores how utterly incompetent the crowd in the White House are. Would he not have security people saying: 'you can't do this, it's a security risk for the country'?

Inquitus wrote: »

Ironic, considering the only people swanning around the centre without masks for the few days before the debate, were Trump's people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

I really hope Stephen miller doesn’t get projectile diarrhoea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Faugheen wrote: »
    I disagree. If they keep running negative ads while he’s very sick, it will look especially bad if he was to die. Whoever replaces Trump on the ballot would point this out immediately.

I know he’s Donald Trump and he’s a deplorable man, but the Democrats have to take the high ground on this one.

Why should they? The Republicans haven't taken their anti-Biden ads down. Shouldn't it be a fair and level playing field this close to the election?

I don't see why the Republicans get to keep attacking Biden, while Trump gets a free pass, just because he me managed to catch a virus through his own recklessness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DYNEzW-q?format=jpg&name=small

That Doctor has very short legs, or a very long coat .

You never know who you get when you order extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I’m no expert but it looks like a child standing on the shoulders of a midget.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

good point from someone on twitter - trump's a lifelong germaphobe and is terrified of hospitals. he wouldn't agree to to go to one unless it was pretty serious. multiple reports now he was given oxygen in the white house friday due to difficulty breathing.

bobbyy gee wrote: »

Seriously deranged nuts among that lot!! :P

Trump is no more a germaphobe than I am a brain surgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I think that is a very humane and good thing to do and if true raises them a lot in my estimation. Joe Biden was very gracious in quickly extending good wishes to Trump and his wife after they tested positive. Which was the proper thing to do for a civil human being. The schadenfreude fest on social media with people profusely glad to see someone sick, wishing for their death or suffering, saying they would drink to an assassination or that their child would benefit from a break from their wretchedness etc etc has been wholly classless. Wishing active ill to another is a very dangerous thing to do from an inner moral point of view. It taints ones own self and does nothing to improve or change how things are. It is akin to cursing a person. Curse - "a prayer that evil or harm befall one".

Meh. 210,000 people in America have died in the last 6 months or so from this. He clearly didnt give a **** ( "it is what it is") and made no effort to help the case by tackling it or advising people to take proper precautions. Instead he continually made it worse and denied things, despite knowing early on how bad it is.

Coming looking for sympathy? **** him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Trump is no more a germaphobe than I am a brain surgeon.

Agree.

He eats a McMuffin for breakfast ffs.

A McMuffin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Even assuming he makes it to the election, the idea of Biden's health being a concern is dead in the water at this stage. Can't see this getting a sympathy vote as it seems more and more likely that he was knowingly a superspreader. And the focus isn't gonna be on Hunter Biden or any such nonsense, it's on the handling of the Coronavirus.

Joe is as fit as a fiddle compared to a hospitalised Trump, this surely must be in the thoughts of undecided voters. I dont think there is going to any sympathy vote for Trump at all, I would say they prefer that their Presidents are smart enough not to catch the virus. Trump has acted like an idiot since day one of this virus and now he has caught it through his own stupidity, its hard to have any sympathy with that.
    Faugheen wrote: »

Would agree the Dems have little choice but to pull negative ads. However its not all bad because you have PACs out there like the Lincoln Project who can and will keep attacking Trump.
    Gods Gift wrote: »
    You never know who you get when you order extras.

Those doctors aren't doctors at all, it is clear they are just crisis actors and this virus is just one big hoax icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 30,736 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Meh. 210,000 people in America have died in the last 6 months or so from this. He clearly didnt give a **** ( "it is what it is") and made no effort to help the case by tackling it or advising people to take proper precautions. Instead he continually made it worse and denied things, despite knowing early on how bad it is. Coming looking for sympathy? **** him

Likeliest thing to generate sympathy for Trump is piling on attack ads.
    I think any swing voter can draw their own conclusion from the events playing out now.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Trump’s Covid messaging:

JAN: It’s under control
    FEB: It’s a hoax
    M: Packed churches by Easter
    APRIL: It’s going away
    MAY: Time to open up
    JUNE: Just embers
    JULY: Time to open schools
    AUG: Other countries are worse
    SEPT: Vaccines coming soon!
    OCT: *tweeting from the hospital*

Lol

Hahaha. That sums it up. Trump is an absolute clown

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Why is he getting treated with anything other than hydroxychloroquine? I thought it was 100% the cure?

Yep, That and lashings of demestos

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Likeliest thing to generate sympathy for Trump is piling on attack ads.
    I think any swing voter can draw their own conclusion from the events playing out now.

I actually meant to edit down the quote to just the bit about the people on social media. I just forgot and clicked post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Never before has a Presidents words, actions and thoughts been so widely available. He pushed himself to the centre of the Covid Press briefings. He has used Twitter like a 15 year old over the last 4 years with seemingly every thought which crossed his mind expressed on the platform.

His hiring of staff since he got the role, his engagement with them, his reaction to them and their words after leaving similarly is all published or broadcast pretty much verbatim.

What is it that you think that the media has done which has misrepresented him in some way?

Welcome to the inexorable rise of social media :D

And yes as US president - Trump does press briefings etc on covid and whatever the main issues are - surprise surprise eh?

Headlines sell - the media will run with whatever bs they can. And eejits will lap it up

God knows what the permanently outraged are going to do that they don't have his regular tweets and press briefings to tie themselves in knots lol.

And before the usual directed ad hom - no I'm not fan ...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Multiple sources now saying Trump's condition is "very concerning" inc the CoS

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1312429131079057409

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1312479314831523840

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Trumps a mans man - a warrior. He'll pull through.

The moral equivalence of ' it is what it is ' acceptance of reality, with ' good riddance to the pair of them ' , from lefties is interesting indeed.

Wouldnt expect anything less tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Big Kim over in Nordy Korealand has wished big Donald a 'full recovery'.
    Even Kim knows the Dealmaker is the best chance for continued global peace and stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Biker79 wrote: »
    Trumps a mans man - a warrior. He'll pull through.

The moral equivalence of ' it is what it is ' acceptance of reality, with ' good riddance to the pair of them ' , from lefties is interesting indeed.

Wouldnt expect anything less tbh.
    Don't think Covid gives a f*ck about any of that nonsense tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Big Kim over in Nordy Korealand has wished big Donald a 'full recovery'.
    Even Kim knows the Dealmaker is the best chance for continued global peace and stability.
    You'd think Donnie catching covid would have given his clapping seals a dose of reality but obviously not

Advertisement