Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

He looks and sounds shook to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Early days. Hopefully he doesn't progress into a serious case, all about waiting and monitoring now and reacting fast if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Why hasn't he talked live since testing positive? What's the reas behind the pre recorded stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

gmisk wrote: »
    Let's take just one of those tweets maybe, the masks one say.
    April...was a bit late in the day for that...

Okay, here's two from March:

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1241776033885552641
    https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1240328681073115137

Also, it's worth pointing out that Dr. Fauci was saying there was no need to wear masks back on March 7th:
    "Right now ... people should not be walking around with a mask .. there's no reason to be walking around wearing a mask"

So, seems to be the Trump administration were well up with the pace when it comes to PPE and worked very hard to ensure that supply would meet the demand.
    Billy Mays wrote: »
    It's quite clear they don't take it serious when they're all gathered at the white house last week for Barrett's nomination, none of them wearing masks or socially distancing and now to no one's surprise they're reaping the benefits

Oh please, give the sanctimony a rest.

Democrats just wear masks for the cameras. Loads of them have been caught removing it when the cameras were switched off (and were even caught admitting to it on hot mics on one occasion).

Never heard you condemning Nancy for her mask-free Salon escapade or Biden getting up close and personal with Anderson Cooper and how about this here from just a few weeks back, will you say that Biden was not taking the virus serious in the following clip where he meets with firefighters?

Sure looks like he was endangering lives to me. If he had got Covid in the following days would you have been on here so callously saying he had "reaped the benefits" ? Course you wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

people really think that's pre-recorded??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Trump's Irish fanboys are really fucking weird.

Lol they are just praising him because it triggers certain people who fall over themselves in the rush to virtue signal about how much they dislike him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

froog wrote: »
    people really think that's pre-recorded??

Well I meant not live. Like he hasn't talked live in days now. Cancelled the calls he had on day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

He's got the gaspy intake of breath every few words in that video. Everyone I've seen talking on tv with Covid or recently recovered from Covid had the exact same intake of breath. Ciara Kelly had it, Tubridy still had it around Easter. Boris Johnson had it, worse, in the video he made claiming his only symptom was a stubborn fever. Chris Cuomo had it for at least the first 3 weeks of his stupidly melodramatic reports from his basement.

I had it for the second half of March/early April. It's an involuntary gasp as the effort of talking stopped me from having the focus I needed to breathe satisfactorily. The longer I tried to hold a conversation, the worse and more frequent it would get. I think it feels much more dramatic than it appears to people listening and looking at you. I used to feel a real spasmy-gasp but my mum, who was the person I was most on the phone to, said that what she heard was just that little intake of air, similar to how Trump is every few words in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Nobody asked him to stay locked up in his house? :confused:

Wear a mask, socially distance and wash your hands.

Why does he still struggle with this stuff in October?

Probably early Alzheimer's :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

iguana wrote: »
    He's got the gaspy intake of breath every few words in that video. Everyone I've seen talking on tv with Covid or recently recovered from Covid had the exact same intake of breath. Ciara Kelly had it, Tubridy still had it around Easter. Boris Johnson had it, worse, in the video he made claiming his only symptom was a stubborn fever. Chris Cuomo had it for at least the first 3 weeks of his stupidly melodramatic reports from his basement.

I had it for the second half of March/early April. It's an involuntary gasp as the effort of talking stopped me from having the focus I needed to breathe satisfactorily. The longer I tried to hold a conversation, the worse and more frequent it would get. I think it feels much more dramatic than it appears to people listening and looking at you. I used to feel a real spasmy-gasp but my mum, who was the person I was most on the phone to, said that what she heard was just that little intake of air, similar to how Trump is every few words in the video.

It appears the video has been edited slightly at times too, perhaps to cut out coughing or to remove instances where the gasping was very noticeable. He definitely has it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Apparently, by pointing out the Barrett nomination gathering (with no masks and people from all over the country mingling with and hugging each other) being the likely reason Trump, Conway, Christie etc caught covid I'm being sanctimonious :pac: :pac:

You're embarrassing yourself Outlaw Pete

And despite all your posts over the last 36 hours you still haven't actually commented on the circumstances of any of them catching covid or what simple procedures they could have followed to prevent them catching it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if Amy Coney Barrett tests positive or gets ill after having covid a few months ago.

Are you being serious here? AFAIK confirmed cases of Covid reinfection are vanishingly rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

My neighbour (a 50 something year old) had corona recently. At no stage was she incapacitated. She was affected, she felt terrible, she got very tired very easily, but she got through it just ok. My guess is that Donald with around the clock medical attention will do just ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I see you are still pushing Trumps lies on his travel ban despite you been shown evidence earlier that there never was a travel ban from Chyna. You know just because Trump calls it a 'travel ban' doesnt mean that you have to actually fall for his lies hook, line and sinker

40,000 travellers enter America direct from China after Trump called a travel ban from China

I already addressed that. Reread the post.
    So not only did Trump allow 40,000 people enter America direct from China after he had commenced his imaginary travel ban around 24,000 of those people were not even American citizens. Maybe Trump should have told the virus to leave them alone because its pretty clear his 'travel ban' was a complete work of fiction and just yet another lie that his supporters have fallen for and now use to parrot Trumps fake news.

You're swallowing absurd spin. Like I said, nobody said the Travel ban was perfect. You really need to listen: There was opposition to ban when it was first proposed by democrats and also from the WHO with regards to how strict the proposed ban would be and the message it would send. There was lots of condemnation of Trump saying he was going to prevent Americans from coming home and in the end they settled on quarantine measures but what you're failing to account for is that we do not know how many people were prevented coming from China as a result of the ban because ... they never came.

Almost 3 million people travel to the US from China every year and so even taking your numbers into account, that still leaves a huge amount of people that Trump's ban deterred from entering the States. Of course it should have been earlier and broader, but you can thank the Chinese Government for why it wasn't the former and Democrats for why it wasn't the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

*double post*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Apparently, by pointing out the Barrett nomination gathering (with no masks and people from all over the country mingling with and hugging each other) being the likely reason Trump, Conway, Christie etc caught covid I'm being sanctimonious :pac: :pac:

You're embarrassing yourself Outlaw Pete

And despite all your posts over the last 36 hours you still haven't actually commented on the circumstances of any of them catching covid or what simple procedures they could have followed to prevent them catching it
    Wearing masks can prevent it.indoors bring on fresh air leave doors windows open

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''The Amy Coney Barrett Superspreader Event'' sounds like a gang bang. Really need to stop using that term

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The number of republican representatives coming down with coronavirus...

DON'T wear a mask - Jesus, not science...

Anyone surprised?

I mean, Trump is basically in the process of killing their senate majority BEFORE their new judge is even confirmed :pac:

The White House’s history of lying makes it difficult to assess the truth of Trump’s condition.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/this-is-spiraling-out-of-control-allies-panic-about-trumps-hospital-stay-as-white-house-deflects

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Augme

I think long term he will be fine, short term is a big sorry though. If he was diagnosed with just the regular flu it would be a bit of a disaster and this could be a lot worse for him. His strength and stamina will take a beating and that will drastically impact his ability to canvas and do his thing at events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

s1ippy wrote: »
    Definitely recorded yesterday when he got to the hospital.

There's a serious bang of finality about it.

Seems more like some serious straw grasping tbf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Astonishing how deluded many on here continue to be regarding the lethality of the virus. A seventy four year old man with a bit of weight on him has every chance of suffering little more than mild flu symptoms.

Buy we know that he's been put on oxygen.. Isn't that a little more than mild flu?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Buy we know that he's been put on oxygen.. Isn't that a little more than mild flu?

Even as much as I dislike the man, don't read too much into being put on oxygen as being a big deal. Even for us normals, if you're ever put in an ambulance and compromised in any way they give you oxygen as default.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

People saying comments in this thread are a disgrace, are a disgrace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

^ disgraceful comment imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

s1ippy wrote: »
    ^ disgraceful comment imo

Your comment is disgraceful, just who do you think you are commenting like that, shame on you. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I like waffles.

No really, I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,089 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Even as much as I dislike the man, don't read too much into being put on oxygen as being a big deal. Even for us normals, if you're ever put in an ambulance and compromised in any way they give you oxygen as default.

True, but that rather excludes the cohort of normals not traveling around in the back of emergency ambulances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Nobody asked him to stay locked up in his house? :confused:

Wear a mask, socially distance and wash your hands.

Why does he still struggle with this stuff in October?

What's the US advice for over 70's and cocooning? He could be right...

Advertisement