Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Roger the cabin boy

s1ippy wrote: »
    As I said with Boris Johnson, I hope his outcome is poor, that he might experience some of the pain and trauma others have due to his corrupt leadership and despicable megalomania.

Maybe if Boris had died, millions of British people wouldn't be dead or up sh!t creek now. Perhaps Trump will die and there won't be an enforced leader in the US from Nov on as he intends. It's not going to be possible to make him leave office, even if he does lose. That's very problematic for their country.

I have every expectation that like every other utter prick that gets it, he'll get the best of medical intervention and make a full recovery. It's a shame how these things go.

It is depressing to see that people actually believe that one person is directly and solely responsible for the deaths of people who have caught an infectious disease like Covid.

Most of the civilised world do not run under a dictatorship, and even then, not every decision or call can be made by the dictator.

I mean, really? are people this shallow and low resolution that they believe this is actually the case?

Trump, is DIRECTLY and PERSONALLY responsible for the deaths of EVERY single US citizen to have died from Covid?
    Boris is DIRECTLY and PERSONALLY responsible for the deaths of EVERY single UK citizen to have died from Covid?

Jeysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Maybe Irish people on boards have had relatives in the US die of covid because of his policies and their anger is justified?

Don’t individual states set their own policies??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I don't particularly care if he recovers or not. It's hard to feel empathy for him when he has shown none to others. Of course his fangirls here will feast on any negative reactions, it's an excuse for some faux outrage and a distraction from serious issues like tax fraud and voter suppression attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,763 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

After his PA, Hope Hicks, tested positive last night.
    Himself and Melania in quarantine

Quarantining Together?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hetuzozaho wrote:
    And why is he getting tested? Testing causes cases. It seems one rule for him...

Yup, he's the chosen one
    Under 80 with no chronic conditions, odds say he’ll probably not even notice he has it.

Under 80 obese man, yup, should be fine
    Trump, is DIRECTLY and PERSONALLY responsible for the deaths of EVERY single US Boris is DIRECTLY and PERSONALLY responsible for the deaths of EVERY single UK citizen to have died from Covid?

They played a fairly significant part in fairness

• Advertisement

Don’t individual states set their own policies??

God no, it's all the fault of just one man.

Democracy and the union is just a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

kowloonkev wrote: »
    this is just campaigning for Trump really. They never learn.

My flatmate's lost - so far - 9 family members to Covid in America, while Trump was sitting with his thumb up his arse pretending it was going to go away.

You are not going to scold people into showing compassion for a man who, at best, talks down loss on that scale, and more realistically facilitates it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    If he can demand Obamas birth cert its only fair game we get a doctors note from Trump

We did already. I dont think a doctor would sign off on a lie. And all the white house staff etc go along with it. I think he must really have it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

For those who were wondering about what happens in various scenarios of a candidate's death before or after election day, here's some of the answers to that:

https://people.howstuffworks.com/what-happens-presidential-candidate-dies.htm

Looks like the simple answer is, if Trump (or Biden) were to pass away before election day, their parties have rules in place to replace their name on the ballot. That would open up a political nightmare if it happened close to election day as many will vote in advance or mail in ballots already printed. This scenario has never happened with significant candidates at least, in the two centuries of presidential elections.

If they were to pass in the interval between election day and the formal meeting of the "Electoral College" in early December, then that body would decide how to cast their votes, and once again the parties would have some input into the process. That apparently has happened once, a major candidate in 1872 with electoral college votes pledged died in that interval and the electors decided case by case how to re-cast their votes. In practical terms nowadays, the electors are agents of the state governments, back then it was somewhat less formalized and electors were often free agents who occasionally changed their votes from what the states had told them to submit.

If the president-elect were to die after the electoral college and before inauguration day (20th January), then I think the short answer is that the vice-president elect would be sworn in and that person would name his or her own vice president.

I don't know what the Republican Party might choose to do but I suspect that they would choose VP Pence as their nominee in the short time available if that were to become an issue. The Democrats, should Biden pass, might be less eager to nominate their VP candidate fearing she might not hold the vote (she was seen as a sort of guarantee that some of Bernie's platform would be respected, but elevated to the full presidential nomination, that might prove to be a guarantee of defeat).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If he was ordinary citizen don trump from Hicksville Tennessee and had no health insurance then the outlook wouldn’t be good

But he’s not.

He’s the president and will have pretty much exclusive access to the best of medical treatment

So I’d say he will get over this and then brag about it for ever more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Disagree there, I know many Irish supporters and they're deadly serious with their support, I'd imagine since he's been on hydroxychloroquine a long time, his recovery will be a speedy one

Hydroxychloroquine has been proved ineffective, not sure how this helps him. He will get access to all the best drugs available and times moved on since Bojo, so I expect he will come through this, just a case of how bad a dose he gets.

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Quarantining Together?

Poor woman

So trump fans does this mean trump is now part of the deep state hoax?

Inquitus wrote:
    Hydroxychloroquine has been proved ineffective, not sure how this helps him. He will get access to all the best drugs available and times moved on since Bojo, so I expect he will come through this, just a case of how bad a dose he gets.

I'm sure hydroxychloroquine will create some sort of special forcefield around the don, he ll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

It would be good for him to get a bad enough dose to realise how serious it is - not as bad a Boris had it - but just bad enough for him to wake up to how this virus works.

Markets not taking it too badly, futures down about 1% (they were down over 2% for a while). It would be different if it was mid term. Markets have assumed Biden will win, hence affect won't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,846 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The news programmes will delight in showing his previous comments and the stupidity of not wearing a mssk.

You'd fancy that they'll be a big cluster within the White House staff

Except Fox News. Someone posted a clip on Twitter of them talking about Trump getting Covid and they had three images of the times Trump did actually wear a mask playing on the screen.

Either way, I hope Trump fully recovers from Covid, quickly and with no long-term side effects.

Wanderer78 wrote: »

They played a fairly significant part in fairness

As part of a Government working under the instruction of its people.

Personally, i think we should protect the old and weak and let the virus rip. Get it over and done with, learn to live with it and move on with the process of living because hiding from it is going to (and probably is) killing more people indirectly than the virus itself.

Does that make me a monster? If My government (imaginary) were to follow that approach (a-la Sweden) would this make me the second coming of satan?

No.

Its childish emotional reasoning to even suggest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Quarantining Together?

Give her a week - she'll be pulling the power cord on her own ventilator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    We did already. I dont think a doctor would sign off on a lie. And all the white house staff etc go along with it. I think he must really have it

NOBODY had tested more positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I wouldn't bracket Melania with Donald, she's just a prisoner to be honest.

Prisoner my hole. She's a cold, calculated, gold digger. She's a fucķing robot with no soul.

• Advertisement

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Time to put the bleach theory to the test

V true. Trump said it MAY work, here’s his chance

So trump fans does this mean trump is now part of the deep state hoax?

He is the hoax

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He is a strong masculine Alpha male. He will dominate this ladyboy virus and tweet Sleepy Joe into oblivion over the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Quarantining Together?

like they are anywhere near each other in the vast mansion that is the white house lol. She's probably kicking herself for getting within 6 feet of him at the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

If he was ordinary citizen don trump from Hicksville Tennessee and had no health insurance then the outlook wouldn’t be good

with the 99.99% survival rate, somehow I think citizen don trump from Hicksville Tennessee will do just fine.

If he actually dies from it I suppose they can write on the headstone “it is what it is”

paw patrol wrote: »
    with the 99.99% survival rate, somehow I think citizen don trump from Hicksville Tennessee will do just fine.

He was shown playing golf a few days ago. He looked like a comedy sketch - a huge beached whale wearing a golfing outfit.

So that’s an issue. He’s an obese unfit 74 year old to start with

Personally, i think we should protect the old and weak and let the virus rip. Get it over and done with, learn to live with it and move on with the process of living because hiding from it is going to (and probably is) killing more people indirectly than the virus itself.

We ve no conclusive evidence to support that this would work, our health care system probably doesn't have the capacity
    Does that make me a monster? If My government (imaginary) were to follow that approach (a-la Sweden) would this make me the second coming of satan?

Embrace satanism, it's actually a bit of craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

It's ok, it affects virtually nobody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Panrich wrote: »
    NOBODY had tested more positive.

In a negative sense

Advertisement