Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Danzy wrote: »
    No, they wouldn't.

Trump is, you may not realize, the President of America, his job is bigger than himself, having a photo of him ok is about calming markets Monday morning, geo politics etc etc.

If there is a 1 in 10000 chance he might die then he needs to be in hospital and looked after by the best doctors in the world because of the seriousness of his dying for the wider world.
    Someone should tell him that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Danzy wrote: »
    Trump is, you may not realize, the President of America, his job is bigger than himself, having a photo of him ok is about calming markets Monday morning, geo politics etc etc.

No one believes anything that comes out of the Whitehouse on this, can't see how its gonna pull the wool over the eyes of the markets or world leaders!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The upshot of all the lies from the WH is that in a serious situation like this everyone is second guessing any information that is given out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

Went back and checked the original video and there it is. Can’t believe I missed that.
    They really are desperate to make him look as though he’s not sick despite the fact he’s in a hospital surrounded by the best medical care on the planet. Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

There are no ' lies ' . The man is in good condition and will recover well.

Thats all there is to it.

Anything else is just Trump Derangement Syndrome, WOKEID-19 and strirring the pot to keep useless journalists in a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Biker79 wrote: »
    WOKEID-19

Mortified for you, for either inventing or reproducing that.

Jaysus that's bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

How thick is the line that marker writes ?

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1312596515832168448

Its a step up for him. He normally uses crayons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

The pics they released of Trump working in WR hospital are beyond laughable.

If he was positive going in, would the hospital have left him working in his suit for the weekend..?
    Reading documents in not one but two different conference rooms. Why don't they just let him infect the whole place..?????
    He golfs most of the year but when he goes into hospital he starts signing documents. Who is going to be handling them I wonder...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

If he was positive going in, would the hospital have left him working in his suit for the weekend..?
    Reading documents in not one but two different conference rooms. Why don't they just let him infect the whole place..?????
    He golfs most of the year but when he goes into hospital he starts signing documents. Who is going to be handling them I wonder...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Gotta say, he looked surprisingly energetic in that latest video... you can never tell of course as this thing can turn around and bite you in the ass after you think you've beaten it. So not out of the woods yet.

For a guy of his age, you really would expect him to look weaker or sicker than he did. I think the American public will be impressed by his desire to keep communicating and giving out positive messages.

I can actually see this potentially strengthening his chances of winning tbh. When people write you off, and even hope you die... that puts you in the position of the underdog. Some people were trying to give Biden the plucky underdog tag at the start of this, because of his age and perceived mental infirmities etc... but I think this dynamic might very well have swung back in trump's favour.

Should make things very interesting either way! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

UsBus wrote: »

It's a big conspiracy but you have it figured out.

Get the truth out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Looking at the flag over his left shoulder (on our right) is a dead giveaway. Focus on the stars, particularly the one closest the edge of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

There are no ' lies ' . The man is in good condition and will recover well.

Thats all there is to it.

Anything else is just Trump Deranegment Syndrome, WOKEID-19 and strirring the pot to keep useless journalists in a job.

THE LEADER IS GOOD, THE LEADER IS GREAT
    WE SURRENDER OUR WILL AS OF THIS DATE.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

iguana wrote: »
    Which again goes to how messed up their perception of politics is. It's 2020, we should all be completely and totally aware of the fact that our national leaders are human beings, no more, no less. Sometimes they will get sick in office. If Trump needed to be taken to hospital in a stretcher it should mean nothing other than a normal level of concern.

British politics has regularly descended to farce in recent years but when the Prime Minister was hospitalised by ambulance and later known to be in the ICU, people were concerned of course, but life went on. There was faith in the system because absolutely nobody thought of Boris as anything other than a human being.

And yes, the fact that they are so close to an election changes the significance. But again, it shows up flaws in their system that it's not possible to postpone an election if the person running for office is potentially seriously ill.

I'm not sure you realise the implications of the president being stretchered out of the Whitehouse would have on the markets not just in the US so I suggest you leave it to others to discuss why he should or shouldn't be sent to hospital at the first inclination of ill health

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

iguana wrote: »
    Which again goes to how messed up their perception of politics is. It's 2020, we should all be completely and totally aware of the fact that our national leaders are human beings, no more, no less. Sometimes they will get sick in office. If Trump needed to be taken to hospital in a stretcher it should mean nothing other than a normal level of concern.

British politics has regularly descended to farce in recent years but when the Prime Minister was hospitalised by ambulance and later known to be in the ICU, people were concerned of course, but life went on. There was faith in the system because absolutely nobody thought of Boris as anything other than a human being.

And yes, the fact that they are so close to an election changes the significance. But again, it shows up flaws in their system that it's not possible to postpone an election if the person running for office is potentially seriously ill.

I'm not sure you realise the implications of the president being stretchered out of the Whitehouse would have on the markets not just in the US so I suggest you leave it to others to discuss why he should or shouldn't be sent to hospital at the first inclination of ill health

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I can actually see this potentially strengthening his chances of winning tbh. When people write you off, and even hope you die... that puts you in the position of the underdog

He contracted his virus due to his own recklessness and stupidity. Then put other people at risk just so he could make a few quid for himself at a fundraiser. Why do you think this would strengthen his chances? Only an fool would be impressed with his behaviour but of course we know there's plenty of those around. There were enough of them to vote him in in the first place.

osarusan wrote: »
    Mortified for you, for either inventing or reproducing that.

Jaysus that's bad.

The millenial pandemic. Far more deadly than covid.

Sounds like you might have it yourself? Particularly nasty if contracted with Trump Derangement Syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

The millenial pandemic. Far more deadly than covid.

Sounds like you might have it yourself? Particularly nasty if contracted with Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Did you hit a wall with your Honda 50 ? .......The amount of word vomit... unbelievable

He contracted his virus due to his own recklessness and stupidity. Then put other people at risk just so he could make a few quid for himself at a fundraiser. Why do you think this would strengthen his chances? Only an fool would be impressed with his behaviour but of course we know there's plenty of those around. There were enough of them to vote him in in the first place.

Because, obviously not everyone would agree with your summation of things.

Many people are intelligent and realistic enough to acknowledge that trump - or any public figure - has a massive inherent risk of contracting the virus. Whether they wear a mask or not.

His job makes wearing a mask highly impractical in most circumstances, and many public figures are wearing masks simply to portray the right image.

I think people are sharp enough to see the wood from the trees on these things... the left is obsessed with image. It's more important than almost anything else to them!

I think you underestimate how many voters will look past these shallow issues of image that the media are obsessing over, and focus on the things that really matter to them. That's why he won the last time around. ;)

Many people are intelligent and realistic enough to acknowledge that trump - or any public figure - has a massive inherent risk of contracting the virus. Whether they wear a mask or not.

His job makes wearing a mask high impractical in most circumstances, and many public figures are wearing masks simply to portray the right image.

I think people are sharp enough to see the wood from the trees on these things... the left is obsessed with image. It's more important than almost anything else to them!

I think you underestimate how many voters will look past these shallow issues of image that the media are obsessing over, and focus on the things that really matter to them. That's why he won the last time around. ;)

Don't you think it's a little odd that the 3 leaders that have caught it are the ones that handled the virus terribly and flouted the rules? Also it's not remotely impractical to wear a mask...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

His job makes wearing a mask highly impractical in most circumstances, and many public figures are wearing masks simply to portray the right image.

How is it impractical to wear a mask when he's speaking to a reporter or attending a meeting? Most of us do it for work every day. It's not impractical, it's just a minor inconvenience. "The left" is obsessed with image you say. Remind me again which candidate wears makeup, fake tan and lies about his height and weight?

Don't you think it's a little odd that the 3 leaders that have caught it are the ones that handled the virus terribly and flouted the rules? Also it's not remotely impractical to wear a mask...

I think people with their heads screwed on, who are not blinded by biased rhetoric, will expect that most of their leaders are highly likely to contract this virus at some point. That's just the nature and risks of the job unfortunately.

And it absolutely is hugely impractical to wear a face mask, in a job that requires you to talk 24/7 with hundreds of people on a daily basis.

Like I said the left is obsessed with image. And many people see through the shallowness of this rhetoric pretty easily... they did in the last election, and they likely will this time too.

I think people with their heads screwed on, who are not blinded by biased rhetoric, will expect that most of their leaders are highly likely to contract this virus at some point. That's just the nature and risks of the job unfortunately.

And it absolutely is hugely impractical to wear a face mask, in a job that requires you to talk 24/7 with hundreds of people on a daily basis.

Like I said the left is obsessed with image. And many people see through the shallowness of this rhetoric pretty easily... they did in the last election, and they likely will this time too.

It's simply not impractical and plenty of people in business and politics do what you just described with masks. The leaders who have picked it up are Trump, Johnson and Bolsonaro. They flouted precautions and also had the worst hit countries. If Trump does make it back on the campaign trail, expect his insults about Biden and masks to be used in campaign videos of the Biden campaign.

Also if knowing about it since Wednesday turns out to be the reality, he knowingly spread it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yeah, this is complete horse sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I wonder if Trump himself would even consider contracting Covid as an acceptable risk of his job. Going to guess not.

That's besides the point that the rose garden event was completely unnecessary and is likely going to spread much further than just these individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

You're forgetting Barnier - one of the EU Commissioners, and the EU nations combined are faring little better than the US.

THE LEADER IS GOOD, THE LEADER IS GREAT
    WE SURRENDER OUR WILL AS OF THIS DATE.

This is what I'm talking about folks. :eek:

TDS and WOKEID....get yourselves checked regularly.

....and stay safe.

Danno wrote: »
    You're forgetting Barnier - one of the EU Commissioners, and the EU nations combined are faring little better than the US.

Barnier got it incredibly early on, March. Also care to back up that claim about the EU? Ignoring the fact that the EU doesn't have a federal government.

https://voxeu.org/article/us-excess-mortality-rate-covid-19-substantially-worse-europe-s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Barnier got it incredibly early on, March. Also care to back up that claim about the EU? Ignoring the fact that the EU doesn't have a federal government.

https://voxeu.org/article/us-excess-mortality-rate-covid-19-substantially-worse-europe-s

Your link is from a cohort of economists who's vision is for a more integrated EU. So, they're hardly going to paint the EU effort in a bad light, are they? If anyone thinks that the EU acted in a timely and co-operative measure in the early stages of this pandemic they must suffer from some sort of amnesia.

WRT Barnier, why does it matter when he got it? The Chinese were very co-operative in sharing information to the WHO back in late-December and early-January that he should have been listening to their advice and you know - sing happy birthday twice while washing his hands, maintaining social distancing and wearing a mask.

Actually, scrap that wearing a mask part - I think that advice only came out in June some time after the glorious EU sat down with the virus and negotiated a €750bln stimulus plan.

Advertisement