Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Only the 7 doctors presented out front today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Guess who the other two caught it from??? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭omega man

He’s receiving treatments that are normally prescribed to very ill patients it would seem to me.
    Doctor had to ask a nurse if trump was on oxygen today. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

From the questions regarding his lungs- one would take a guess that there is still some infection on the lungs

Infection in the lungs takes a long time to clear, that's from personal experience in ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Trump's Doctor looked bit iffy there!

He doesn't have a serious disposition. Everything was laughy jokey.

He was grinning before answering any questiin.

I read yesterday that he isn't a MD, he is an Osteopath.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/03/us/sean-conley-trump-doctor.html

I presume he's just being the spokesman because he's closest to Trump but the other Doctors are the most important within the Medical Centre .

Edit:
    Jake Tapper has just said that Dr Conley and Dooley are in the Navy so that explains the deference. Trump is their Commander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Only the 7 doctors presented out front today.

Rumours are he told the docs to man up and stop wearing masks, so a couple of them have caught covid and are quarantining.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,445 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

He doesn't have a serious disposition. Everything was laughy jokey.

He was grinning before answering any questiin.

I read yesterday that he isn't a MD, he is an Osteopath.

I presume he's just being the spokesman because he's closest to Trump but the other Doctors are the most important within the Medical Centre .

A bone doc. is the only one trump needs as he has no brain or heart to monitor

Being put on steroids means it's a hell of a lot more serious than it's being portrayed. Also pretty sure he won't be getting out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

omega man wrote: »
    Doctor had to ask a nurse if trump was on oxygen today. Ffs

that is shocking ineptitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Do ye really think he needs to check with a nurse if Trump was on the oxygen? He knows well, just avoiding the question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Being put on steroids means it's a hell of a lot more serious than it's being portrayed. Also pretty sure he won't be getting out tomorrow.

What isnt he on lol :-)

Remedsvir
    Rengeneron antibody cocktail
    Steriods
    Zinc
    Anti virals
    Vit D
    Pepcid
    HCQ
    Melatonin
    Aspirin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

steroids, remedisivir, antibody cocktails, oxygen. doctors looking shook.

it is not good.

froog wrote: »
    that is shocking ineptitude.

Shocking.

It's people like your good self that should be acknowledged and given one of the most important medical roles in one of the best hospitals in the world.

Failing that you should send them a list of recommendations to act on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Lovely
    528268.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

If Trump gets very ill and recovers, this **** show regarding messaging will not stand to him at all.

Let Pence take over. Have some rest. There’s literally no shame in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

s1ippy wrote: »
    Lovely
    528268.jpg

I see this thread is staying classy as usual. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

breezy1985 wrote:
    A bone doc. is the only one trump needs as he has no brain or heart to monitor

Face palm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Remdesivir side effects:

Phase 3, adaptive, randomized, placebo-controlled trial in hospitalized adults with mild/moderate or severe COVID-19 (NCT04280705; ACTT-1): Serious adverse events (e.g., cardiac events, respiratory distress or failure, acute kidney injury, hypotension) reported in 21% in remdesivir group and 27% in placebo group; grade 3 or 4 adverse events occurred in 29% in remdesivir group and 33% in placebo group. Most common nonserious grade 3 or greater adverse events in remdesivir group were anemia or decreased hemoglobin concentrations (8%); acute kidney injury, decreased eGFR or Clcr, or increased Scr (7%); pyrexia (5%); hyperglycemia or increased blood glucose concentrations (4%); and increased ALT and/or AST concentrations (4%); these were reported in 3–9% of patients in placebo group.

Phase 3, randomized, open-label trial in hospitalized adults with severe COVID-19 (NCT04292899; GS-US-540-5773; SIMPLE-Severe): Adverse events reported in 70 or 74% of patients who received a 5- or 10-day remdesivir regimen, respectively; serious adverse events (e.g., respiratory distress or failure, septic shock) reported in 21 or 35%, respectively, and grade 3 or greater adverse events reported in 30 or 43%, respectively. Drug discontinued because of adverse events in 4% of patients in 5-day group and 10% of patients in 10-day group. All-cause mortality at day 28 was 10 or 13% in the 5- or 10-day group, respectively. Most common adverse events overall were nausea (10 or 9%), acute respiratory failure (6 or 11%), increased ALT concentrations (6 or 8%), and constipation (7% in both groups),

Don’t see why your risk all that if you’re symptoms were as mild as they are saying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

They're now rather optimistically predicting he'll be back home on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,445 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

no.8 wrote: »
    Face palm

You are right he has a face and a palm too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

440Hertz wrote: »

Which one?

440Hertz wrote: »

Love conquers hate.

He is a fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

WHO recommendations on Corticosteroids for COVID-19, published on 2 September 2020, (severe and critical vs nonsevere)

https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-2019-nCoV-Corticosteroids-2020.1
    Recommendations: The panel made two recommendations: a strong recommendation for systemic (i.e.
    intravenous or oral) corticosteroid therapy (e.g. 6 mg of dexamethasone orally or intravenously daily or
    50 mg of hydrocortisone intravenously every 8 hours) for 7 to 10 days in patients with severe and critical
    COVID-19, and a conditional recommendation not to use corticosteroid therapy in patients with nonsevere COVID-19.

The reasoning behind not recommending them in patients with nonsevere COVID-19 includes:
    In contrast, systemic corticosteroids may increase the risk of death when administered to patients with non-severe COVID-19 (low certainty evidence; one study, 1535 patients; RR 1.22, 95% CI 0.93–1.61; absolute effect estimate 39 more per 1000 patients, 95% CI 12 fewer to 107 more).
    Moreover, taking both a public health and a patient perspective, the panel warned that indiscriminate use of any therapy for COVID-19 would potentially rapidly deplete global resources and deprive patients who may benefit from it most as potentially life-saving therapy.

Now, obviously the second reason above only applies to general public health strategies, and not the individual treatment for a US President. But the first one - possible increase of risk of death - would apply if he only had a mild case.

Of course, it's possible his doctors regard the risk as negligible, given that it's only based on one study, and have decided to take a chance with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Danzy wrote: »
    Love conquers hate.

What do you mean, if we all love Trump a bit more he will stop being such a hateful character?

I think it's more, the most expensive medical team in the world, with a bit of luck, conquers the virus, even if you are unfit and overweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

s1ippy wrote: »
    Lovely
    528268.jpg

To be fair, that's no different to any other day.

I've been shitting on the American people from a height for the last 4 years anyway.

Love conquers hate.

He is a fighter.

It’s amazing what a cocktail of powerful drugs can do if they managed to cure his toxic hate issue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Love conquers hate.

He is a fighter.

Did you manage to write that rubbish without cringing?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Which one?

To misquote an entirely fictitious random babbling source allegedly extremely close to the President: “Monday! People tell me it’ll be Monday. Monday’s a great day. Much better than Tuesday or Wednesday. It’ll be huge. The doctors and the world leaders, they’ve all been sending their condolences. It’s a beautiful thing. I would like to thank myself and how great I’ve been. People tell me I’m the best patient.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I wonder why him and all the people around him didn't feel the need to take any precautions in regards to the virus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Good synopsis of the between the lines there from the presser.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bob_Wachter/status/1312792223428165633

Advertisement