Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Deja Boo wrote: »
    :D

If only ! .....things are just a bit too convenient, given the timing and circumstance.

I get what you’re saying but I think you’re wrong. Trump getting the virus is extremely embarrassing for him. Now it may well work in his favour but that doesn’t mean that it was in any way planned.

Half the thinking of this comes from “Shur he looks grand there on Twitter he’s not sick at all”... yeah, the virus affects everyone differently. He’s also got a team of medics watching him 24/7 and you can be damn sure he’s taken the right precautions before his diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Trump tonight left the hospital in an SUV to greet well wishers, he then returned to the hospital. How much more moronic can he get!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Trump tonight left the hospital in an SUV to greet well wishers, he then returned to the hospital. How much more moronic can he get!!

He put the lives of the secret service agents in danger FFS. The man should be put in prison for this carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

wes wrote: »
    He put the lives of the secret service agents in danger FFS. The man should be put in prison for this carry on.

Relax Tony, its not ebola

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

trump puts drivers at high risk code red

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/04/us/trump-vs-biden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Tbf it wasn't just to greet well wishers. It was to show allies and more importantly adversaries that he was still alive and not that poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

This is hilarious. The liberal media are literally in meltdown cause he did something without telling the press. Stelter in particular :P

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1312945588334460929

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

The idea that doing something is better than inaction is a pervasive myth in medicine, said Vinay Prasad, associate professor of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco. More than 90% of people recover from Covid-19 without doing anything

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-04/trump-s-v-i-p-medical-care-could-do-more-harm-than-good?srnd=premium

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

This much stress is only going to knacker his immune system!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

There are people who couldn't see their loved ones, who died alone in a hospital room with no other human contact. And Trump goes on a joyride for the craic while symptomatic with coronavirus.

Maybe this isn't just something "liberals" should be upset about.

• Advertisement

Oh please, if it was Obama leaving his hospital bed for the same reason there'd be gushing coverage from the boot licking media about how the President was heroically risking his own health to inspire a nation brought to its knees by a deadly pandemic.

Let's be honest, the leftists are just pissed off he wore a mask and so now they can't whine about how he doesn't believe in them for another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1312810008070049800?s=19

https://twitter.com/MichaelCBender/status/1312859038733008897?s=19

Anyone who thinks this guy is getting a sympathy vote from any undecided voters is deluded. Selfish *****

Do you think it matters? Do you think anyone believes anything anymore? The left has called wolf everyday for four years. Of course there were plenty of wolves but the impact of those has been lost by them all shouting over each other.

He may not win but calling people deluded as if you know how it's going to pan out; as if it's predictable, is plain stupid and an amusing throwback to 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Deshawn wrote: »
    Trump catching covid is stopping him from campaigning in an election that he is losing. It is also embarrassing to him and his campaign due to the fact that he continuously down played the virus. This is a disaster for him. Biden has even more ammunition to use against him now.

It's funny, I think it very well could be the opposite.

If trump gets through the virus, and cracks on with things, he'll likely get both sympathy for being ridiculed and people hoping he might die... and also continued to be viewed by many as the alpha male persona he tries to portray!

That's why the dems took down the negative PR on him - they know the danger of fuelling an underdog come from behind narrative. But it may be too late, the vitriol and lack of class by many surrounding his diagnoses could have huge implications for how certain people vote in this election.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I don't think it'll change many minds, tbh. I'd say the election has been won, or lost, over the last three and a half years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

This is hilarious. The liberal media are literally in meltdown cause he did something without telling the press. Stelter in particular :P

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1312945588334460929
    Now everyone that was in that car have covid 19, you couldn't make it up

The Irish government said it's ok to live with someone with the virus. There are actually very few countries that can legitimately mock Donald Trump being in a car with his security, and those are countries that actually quarantine infected people and keep them away from loved ones.

Relentless hypocrisy when it has anything to do with Trump.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

How do you know the car doesn't have a divider between the president and the driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

The Irish government said it's ok to live with someone with the virus. There are actually very few countries that can legitimately mock Donald Trump being in a car with his security, and those are countries that actually quarantine infected people and keep them away from loved ones.

The Irish government has said that because what else are they supposed to do, send the infected to a quarantine facility? There is no choice when it comes to the household. There is choice in what Trump did and again he puts himself first.

Live with them, in a car?

How do you know the car doesn't have a divider between the president and the driver?
    There's not, google it, but dont let the fact that theres not, stop you saying that there is

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »
    The Irish government has said that because what else are they supposed to do, send the infected to a quarantine facility? There is no choice when it comes to the household. There is choice in what Trump did and again he puts himself first.

Of course they could have done something. Quarantine hotels. Massively reduce clusters. It works in successful countries. I couldn't believe it when I realised it wasn't the norm in every country.

But my point is that making him out to be the devil incarnate when he's in a car with people who have sworn their lives to protect him is a bit much. He's the US president. A lot of people actually forget that part cause they only see a man they absolutely despise.

Live with them, in a car?

You did yourself no favours with that attempt at whatever it was you were working towards.

You did yourself no favours with that attempt at whatever it was you were working towards.
    You got me there

All week we've been told that had Trump just worn a mask he wouldn't have got the virus.

It was his own stupidity they said.

Now all of a sudden masks do diddly squat I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I don't think it'll change many minds, tbh. I'd say the election has been won, or lost, over the last three and a half years

Maybe. But it could lead to an even bigger victory margin.

You don't think some undecided voters, who might not be too bothered by the daily anti-trump bashings, might actually draw a moral line in the sand at people wishing death on the guy?

I think some people are basically unaffected by both the anti-trump propaganda and the occasional foibles or minor transgressions (as they see it) of their president. They don't take most of it seriously basically.

But kicking the guy while he's on the floor, whether you think he deserves it or not, might open a few people's eyes to the true nature of some people in society (imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

But you just did...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Oh please, if it was Obama leaving his hospital bed for the same reason there'd be gushing coverage from the boot licking media about how the President was heroically risking his own health to inspire a nation brought to its knees by a deadly pandemic.

Let's be honest, the leftists are just pissed off he wore a mask and so now they can't whine about how he doesn't believe in them for another week.
    You're creating a straw man here, it's not a real argument. Obama isn't President, nothing like this happened under his Presidency, it's entirely irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

All week we've been told that had Trump just worn a mask he wouldn't have got the virus.

Masks reduce the risk.

They don't elimnate it, particularly is used incorrectly. They are used to allow people continue to live, wirk, shop etc that may not have symptoms but might have the virus.

There is no one anywhere advocating the sick people ignore quarantine and just use the mask.

But one good thing to see is that Trump finally agrees the need for masks. I assume he will publicly admit he was wrong all this time and apologise for making fun of Biden, whi was right.

Now, who should we vote for in terms of POTUS during the continuing pandemic? The guy who only worked it months later or the guy that successful handled Ebola and called this one right?

You're creating a straw man here, it's not a real argument. Obama isn't President, nothing like this happened under his Presidency, it's entirely irrelevant.

That's not a strawman. It is a real argument.

I hope you tell people who say Obama would handle this better that they're creating strawmen and what they're saying is entirely irrelevant. I hope you say it for every hypothetical situation mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Another strawman. Nobody said wearing masks will always stop transmission. But wearing them and social distancing will reduce the chances. Trump has flouted these, while slagging off Biden who has taken more precautions and hasn't got it.

Advertisement