Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

km991148 wrote: »
    Yes, just check the last few pages..!

It will play well with his base - a true man's man (quote from this thread!) That doesn't take no sh:t from no virus!

A strong leader indeed (spew).

If someone is still "defending" him after this, it just confirms their own stupidity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

There's goes his brain, falling away like a wet cake.

Aren't the secret service supposed to take a bullet for the president if need be?..so catching a case of the sniffles mightn't be that big a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,560 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

You can't criticise Don. If you criticise one thing, no matter how stupid it is, it means your entire belief system is collapsing.

Thing about Narcissistic types is, they struggle with being able to see a person in their entirety (whole object relations). I.e. say you have an argument with your partner, you still love the person even if they drive you mad in the moment. Trump types cannot do that. You are either all good or all bad, no in between. It seems a lot if their followers follow the same pattern. The entire phenomenon is weird and entirely fascinating.

It's also a thing with the other side, 'Trump derangement syndrome' they call it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Aren't the secret service supposed to take a bullet for the president if need be?..so catching a case of the sniffles mightn't be that big a deal?

Yeah take a bullet for the president. Not take a bullet from the president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Unless they pass it onto other family members and end up killing people.
    It’s wrong and a disgrace.
    Totally irresponsible.

But nothing is shocking anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Right enough then. Entirely disposable, carry on then.

Except it's not a case of the sniffles as you know. It's something that is potentially far more serious. Probably not fit the guys in the car as they are probably young and fit, but for whoever they meet after.

Even if the worst that happens is those people have to quarantine for a few days, it's still a dick move. Not surprising in the slightest, but a dick move non the less..

Right enough then. Entirely disposable, carry on then.

Except it's not a case of the sniffles as you know. It's something that is potentially far more serious. Probably not fit the guys in the car as they are probably young and fit, but for whoever they meet after.

Even if the worst that happens is those people have to quarantine for a few days, it's still a dick move. Not surprising in the slightest, but a dick move non the less..

They'd probably be quarantining anyway though. no?

It's also a thing with the other side, 'Trump derangement syndrome' they call it

I don't think that's actually something you can be diagnosed with, is it?

More a catchy phrase. But I agree that a lot of people to like to jump on the outrage bandwagon for the sake of it. But a lot more people are genuinely upset by Trump's actions, because he is the real deal in terms of a true narcissistic personality and therefore does a lot of outrageous things. He just doesn't give two fcuks about anything other than protecting his own fragile ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Bullets are not a highly contagious virus. Only the target is under threat most of the time in such an occurrence. Taking a bullet in the line of duty is necessary. Catching a virus we are actively trying to contain is not. How does it in anyway help the POTUS in this instance other than a needless PR stunt.

Crap comparison. I'm fairly sure this will result in net negative PR for the stupidity. As per usual with Trump, it was all about ego.

• Advertisement

They'd probably be quarantining anyway though. no?

Maybe as a precaution. But it's still a dick move to force them into close contact with someone who is sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Yeah but usually the President isn't the one firing the gun.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure this will result in net negative PR for the stupidity. As per usual with Trump, it was all about ego.

I'm not sure, because what it really does is extend Trumps reign in the news cycle.

More time waisted giving him more airtime over something that is really quite irrelevant in terms of the forthcoming election.

His fans will love it. The ones against him it will have no impact on (they are already against him) but in the meantime there will be no progression in terms of political debate. No discussion on policy, what each candidate will do. Nothing. It's all more talk to fuel a broken ego while all the people keep getting screwed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

listermint wrote: »
    You consistently confuse libertarian with liberal.

Based on your threads your a big fan of everyman for themselves. Miniscule government no social supports no assistance low tax healthcare paid for at source anti immigration. Etc etc.

You are mighty confused about what terms mean.

Right up trump alley and down the sewer at the back where he sells his wares.
    I think you are the one who is confused. How can I be libertarian towards LGBT+ and marriage?

This is correct, except I'm not anti immigration. Look at my posts in the "multiculturism" thread and you'll see that.
    I'm against taxpayer funded immigration, but if you're coming here to work, have at it. Heck, most of my org at work is not from Ireland, becausethere were not enough qualified people here and the best people for the job were not irish. I'm interviewing at the moment and there's a 9:1 ratio in favor of non-irish.
    : "
    Based on your threads your a big fan of everyman for themselves. Miniscule government no social supports no assistance low tax healthcare paid for at source anti immigration. Etc etc."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

astrofool wrote: »
    Well at least he has confirmed himself as the stupidest president in American history, I mean seriously, can anyone defend him after his latest stunt?

Simple Donald wants to go wavey wavey to the crowds, I'd have loved to see the dumbstruck faces on the security agents and staff when he had this idea.

Stupidest president ever.

I think he won that accolade a long time ago.

I used to think George W Bush was a bit dim, but he was a genius and a gentleman in comparison to Trump.
    Also George W had the cop on to listen to advice from the likes of his old man.
    Trump listens to advice from the likes of Bannon. :rolleyes:

Yes we now he had the war mongers like Cheney around, but in way it was more comforting than la la land with Trump where anything can happen and no fact is secure.

BTW what is with the numpties around here defending, excusing and supporting Trump?
    Are they Americans or some of our own home grown eejits ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Oh please, if it was Obama leaving his hospital bed for the same reason there'd be gushing coverage from the boot licking media about how the President was heroically risking his own health to inspire a nation brought to its knees by a deadly pandemic.

Let's be honest, the leftists are just pissed off he wore a mask and so now they can't whine about how he doesn't believe in them for another week.

You know who wouldn't be gushing?

Donnie, and you and the rest of the bobblehead army would be parroting the stuff.. yet here you are to defend the indefensible..

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/525635174877630464?s=20

SELFISH man, I'll say no more!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

While I wish Trump well, can you imagine his reaction if Joe Biden had caught Covid-19? Trump would have demeaned and derided him relentlessly.

bocaman wrote: »
    While I wish Trump well, can you imagine his reaction if Joe Biden had caught Covid-19? Trump would have demeaned and derided him relentlessly.

You mean like how he mocked Clintons pneumonia exactly 4 years ago on Friday? That kinda thing?

Edit to add: and that's just the thing even you have a wild card like Trump and his broken ego in the mix..

To those complaining and/or virtue signaling about those against Trump not believing him or mocking/wishing harm: what goes around comes around. Mud getting flung around just covers everyone in mud. One big sh!tty race to the bottom.

You can't defend trump against these attacks, because a lot if the time he has done the same (or worse) in the past. Equally, the other side shouldn't be in a rush to use the same tactics.

Has there been the need for a change in politics for years, absolutely.. is Trump what the world needs, probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

bocaman wrote: »

Ya the fake outrage is in overdrive at the moment from the Trump side.

When normal people are sick republicans try to cut their healthcare so that they die if they are poor but a meme about the president is over stepping the line

• Registered Users Posts: 33,859 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jmayo wrote: »
    BTW what is with the numpties around here defending, excusing and supporting Trump?
    Are they Americans or some of our own home grown eejits ?

Anything that can be perceived as "owning the libs/lefties" is accepted/excused/ignored. They'll claim not to be Trump supporters in order to try lend themselves an air of impartiality, and then defend absolutely everything he does.

They're not eejits. They just believe in "fighting the liberal lefties" so much that nothing else matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ya the fake outrage is in overdrive at the moment from the Trump side.

When normal people are sick republicans try to cut their healthcare so that they die if they are poor but a meme about the president is over stepping the line

Remember, with people dying, the #IMPOTUS getting better healthcare than anyone - not just the acute care he's getting now, but constant testing, careful manipulation of his meetings and contacts to lower the risk (at least, except for the farcical rallies which the USSC party was just another variation on), USG lawyers are arguing to take healthcare away from millions of Americans. This week. Not enough dead people at the hands of the GOP elite I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Penn wrote: »
    Anything that can be perceived as "owning the libs/lefties" is accepted/excused/ignored. They'll claim not to be Trump supporters in order to try lend themselves an air of impartiality, and then defend absolutely everything he does.

They're not eejits. They just believe in "fighting the liberal lefties" so much that nothing else matters.

I would also hate the so called modern left * and their ideas on wholesale migration, excusing and even backing what I consider backwards cultures and ideologies, modern take on self identifying genders, etc, but I can also see the toxicity in Trump and what he stands for.

Trump is the flip side of that mindset, but just thicker and less concerned with negativity.

BTW the * above was for fact they are not really left wing in the old term.
    They are not interested in workers, they are actually supporting causes that are in direct opposition to the goals of workers.
    For one support for mass migration is totally anti working class.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Cody montana

If you think about it, it’s actually insane what he did.

Could you imagine an infected Boris leaving the hospital to wave at fans?

The fallout would be instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,859 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jmayo wrote: »
    I would also hate the so called modern left * and their ideas on wholesale migration, excusing and even backing what I consider backwards cultures and ideologies, modern take on self identifying genders, etc, but I can also see the toxicity in Trump and what he stands for.

Trump is the flip side of that mindset, but just thicker and less concerned with negativity.

I don't disagree. I think there are issues with immigration and certain "leftist" idealogies which need to be addressed.

But the idea that anyone can see what Trump did yesterday and defend it as "You lefties would be cheering if Obama did it" just shows how utterly entrenched some are in their need to defend absolutely everything Trump does or to deflect from it simply because "lefties".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Here's another.. I'll give Donnie credit, he sure knows how to foretell his own future. I wonder if he could pick the lotto numbers for me for the weekend.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/517805743056359424

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

You have to wonder about the entire Trump campaign. Should Pence be going to a rally today. Should he not be isolating?

You have to wonder about the entire Trump campaign. Should Pence be going to a rally today. Should he not be isolating?

You seem to be under the impression they give a flying fcuk?

There is only one thing to care about in th next four weeks. Win the election. At any cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Tbf it wasn't just to greet well wishers. It was to show allies and more importantly adversaries that he was still alive and not that poorly.

If anything it did the opposite, if he was that well, he could have been filmed walking out onto the lawn of the hospital, it would have been less risky to those around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FlorenceDude

Saw how Trump leaved the hospital today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

If anything it did the opposite, if he was that well, he could have been filmed walking out onto the lawn of the hospital, it would have been less risky to those around him.

Yeah, I agree. It is a literal two fingers to all those that are suffering, quaranteening, missing out on weddings, funerals etc. It is saying that even though he is being given every possible advantage that the vast resources of the US can give him, helicopter, best drugs, private hospitals etc, that he doesn't care and wants to simply carry on like before.

He has shown no remorse for the others that have been infected. We have seen many on the 'left' come out with statements wishing all the best to the Trump family, KAC, Christie etc. Has Trump?

Trump is continuing on with the idea that his gut is right. just like he did from the very outset, but he has been proven wrong. 205k+ deaths wrong.

People don't need these games. They know he is sick (thanks to the journalists for getting the story out as the WH looked to cover it up) and they know, just like in the UK with Johnson, that the guy needs time to focus on getting better.

instead, he wants everything to be only about him, how he is doing this for the world. ii mean the guy actually said that!

Advertisement