Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I've come to the conclusion that people praising or justifying Donnie's silly little joyride are either thick or on the wind up

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Oh please, if it was Obama leaving his hospital bed for the same reason there'd be gushing coverage from the boot licking media about how the President was heroically risking his own health to inspire a nation brought to its knees by a deadly pandemic.

Let's be honest, the leftists are just pissed off he wore a mask and so now they can't whine about how he doesn't believe in them for another week.

Is the MD who called the trip out as dangerous and stupid also part of the TDS-riven leftist media you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Some of the supporters outside the hospital were interviewed, just heard it on the radio, yikes.

You follow Trump and his admin and you wonder how they get the support, then you listen to an interview with the supporters....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

His latest video:

"I learned a lot about COVID. I learned it by really going to school. This is the real school. This is in the let's read the books school. And I get it. I understand it. And its very interesting thing and I'm going to be letting you know about it."

:pac:

Eh.. we know about it dude. We've been trying to tell you for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I said this last night. The drive-by was perfectly timed for the opening of the Asian markets.

Look at his Twitter this morning, HOLY FLIP

I said this last night. The drive-by was perfectly timed for the opening of the Asian markets.

The only thing is I imagine that a large portion of his base would not be active on the stock market.

I could be wrong on that though . Maybe he's appealing to their patriotism that things are on the up again.

He's either in great form or extremely unwell.

The only thing is I imagine that a large portion of his base would not be active in the stick market.

I could be wrong on that though . Maybe he's appealing to their patriotism that things are on the up again.

Asian market tanks and then the American one follows. All interlinked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,191 ✭✭✭✭briany

hetuzozaho wrote: »

His body may heal, but he'll never be quite right in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

He could be scared and looking for the likes. That's a lot of tweets.

Didn't someone close to him say that he used to sit there and watch the likes go up on his tweets and get a real boost from it.

Interesting to note that the Fight The fake news media tweet has more likes than better and cheaper healthcare tweet even though it was poster later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Is the MD who called the trip out as dangerous and stupid also part of the TDS-riven leftist media you reckon?

You have to be smoking some wacky sh!t to have that line of thinking.

Lets break this down a little bit. A doctor, who takes an oath to protect people, who is highly educated in many topics (including a grounding in ethics) is part of a TDS (Trump derangement syndrome I assume? A term originally coined 20 years ago, recycled for Trump) based left leaning (apparently) media.

Yes, you are right about one thing - the word deranged does have a place here..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

km991148 wrote: »
    You have to be smoking some wacky sh!t to have that line of thinking.

Lets break this down a little bit. A doctor, who takes an oath to protect people, who is highly educated in many topics (including a grounding in ethics) is part of a TDS (Trump derangement syndrome I assume? A term originally coined 20 years ago, recycled for Trump) based left leaning (apparently) media.

Yes, you are right about one thing - the word deranged does have a place here..

Just to be clear, I don't actually believe that. I agree that TDS probably better describes the level of effort his supporters go to to avoid ever having to criticise him for anything

I'd rather not - this is the problem - no matter what he does he gets more likes and page views.

Why do we all pander to this - like the blowhard down the pub he should be ignored as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The photo of the rose garden event at the white house was strange, 100,s of people sitting close to each other with no sign of social distancing at all,very few people wearing a mask.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/02/kellyanne-conway-covid-19-rose-garden-event

quote ;
    A visual guide produced by Politico demonstrated the growing number of Trump officials and allies who have tested positive for coronavirus since attending the ceremony. Many of those who have since announced they tested positive for the virus were seated close together.

the republicans seem to think covid 19 does not exist,
    or they have not heard about social distancing at all.

Just to be clear, I don't actually believe that. I agree that TDS probably better describes the level of effort his supporters go to to avoid ever having to criticise him for anything

I am sorry - its getting harder and harder to judge sarcasm or rhetorical questions on the internet these days.

Wacky wacky bs everywhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Possible steroid high. I've never got it myself personally but a lot of people do. They are very potent drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

I'd rather not - this is the problem - no matter what he does he gets more likes and page views.

Why do we all pander to this - like the blowhard down the pub he should be ignored as much as possible.

But that's America. Substance doesn't matter a damn. As long as it's all great TV.

• Advertisement

What does that even mean?

Is he the preexisting condition? The disease?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

GRAB EM BY THE PUSSY. VOTE!

DIVIDE AND CONQUER, VOTE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,940 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

riclad wrote: »
    The photo of the rose garden event at the white house was strange, 100,s of people sitting close to each other with no sign of social distancing at all,very few people wearing a mask.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/02/kellyanne-conway-covid-19-rose-garden-event

quote ;
    A visual guide produced by Politico demonstrated the growing number of Trump officials and allies who have tested positive for coronavirus since attending the ceremony. Many of those who have since announced they tested positive for the virus were seated close together

Unknowable I guess, but I'd be curious as to whether the infection occurred outdoors or indoors. Chances are those seated together outside were mingling inside also i.e.
    After the outdoor part of the event in the Rose Garden, guests progressed to indoor receptions inside the White House.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,948 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

If you think about it, it’s actually insane what he did.

Could you imagine an infected Boris leaving the hospital to wave at fans?

The fallout would be instant.

Remember all those people a few days ago try to tell us that Trump took Covid seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,940 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

What does that even mean?
    Is he the preexisting condition? The disease?

I think it's short-hand for protect those Americans with pre-existing conditions from the virus... but I could be wrong.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

DIVIDE AND CONQUER, VOTE!

That's what Putin said. He backed Trump because he knew he'd just make America weaker and more divided. His plan has worked beyond his wildest dreams.

Talk of him getting out this afternoon. Good news as looks like it won't be hitting him badly.

• Advertisement

Some Agents not happy with Trump for risking others safety.
    Apparently they can't refuse his requests if his life is not in danger.
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/05/politics/trump-secret-service-trip/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Article
    That should never have happened," one current Secret Service agent who works on the presidential and first family detail said after Trump's drive-by, adding that those agents who went along for the ride would now be required to quarantine.

"I mean, I wouldn't want to be around them," the agent said, expressing a view that multiple people at the Secret Service also voiced in the wake of Sunday's appearance. "The frustration with how we're treated when it comes to decisions on this illness goes back before this though. We're not disposable."

Another veteran Secret Service agent also expressed deep dismay at the Walter Reed ride, though was sympathetic for those around the President given the difficulty in pushing back on the commander-in-chief.

"You can't say no," the agent said.

While agents in the Secret Service have the power to say no to activities that could put a president in danger, they can't say no in situations that could put themselves in danger.

A third agent told CNN: "It was simply reckless." But another sought to downplay the concern.

"I've watched some of the news today and it's ridiculous to say the President is trying to kill off his detail," said another current agent on Sunday. "He's unconventional, but we get the job done.

Medical experts and physicians said the episode appeared anything but safe.

"That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack," Dr. James P. Phillips, who is affiliated with Walter Reed, tweeted. "The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play."

Dr. Leana Wen, an ER physician and CNN medical analyst, tweeted that if Trump were her patient, "in unstable condition + contagious illness, & he suddenly left the hospital to go for a car ride that endangers himself & others: I'd call security to restrain him then perform a psychiatric evaluation to examine his decision-making capacity."

Advertisement