Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Talk of him getting out this afternoon. Good news as looks like it won't be hitting him badly.

He is feeling better because he is literally Trump on Steroids.

This will not last, or end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He is feeling better because he is literally Trump on Steroids.

This will not last, or end well.

When the debates get re-scheduled Biden should call on him to do a drug test icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Penn

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Talk of him getting out this afternoon. Good news as looks like it won't be hitting him badly.

If he leaves hospital in the next day or two, he'll have no excuse not to be at the next debate with Biden because it'll have to be considered that he's recovered by then. If he hasn't recovered, it's going to become painfully obvious during the debate.

I would have thought it'd be in his best interest to stay in a few more days, cancel the next debate and try to be at full strength in time for the third debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

UpBack1234 wrote: »
    That's what Putin said. He backed Trump because he knew he'd just make America weaker and more divided. His plan has worked beyond his wildest dreams.

Absolutely. Someone before was going on about how he is known as 'Uncle Trump'.. no wonder, he is like Santa Clause for some!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You're creating a straw man here, it's not a real argument. Obama isn't President, nothing like this happened under his Presidency, it's entirely irrelevant.
    That's not a strawman. It is a real argument.

Indeed, I at no stage argued that anyone held a view they did not.
    I hope you tell people who say Obama would handle this better that they're creating strawmen and what they're saying is entirely irrelevant. I hope you say it for every hypothetical situation mentioned.

Ohhhh that's much different, because, eh well - it just is!

Tim Pool about sums up the real reason for the outrage from the left over that 5min spin around the grounds and that is because the media were actively saying he was much worse at the time and liberals on Twitter and forums were all repeating that crap also, that his breathing was laboured and he was much worse than he was saying, that his doctors were lying etc etc and then all of a sudden the footage went up and the media were cut out of the picture. Suddenly the public were getting to see the President for themselves and not when and how the mainstream media wanted them to.

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1313091329140944901

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Etc

Indeed, I at no stage argued that anyone held a view they did not.

Ohhhh that's much different, because, eh well - it just is!

Tim Pool about sums up the real reason for the outrage from the left over that 5min spin around the grounds and that is because the media were actively saying he was much worse at the time and liberals on Twitter and forums were all repeating that crap also, that his breathing was laboured and he was much worse than he was saying, that his doctors were lying etc etc and then all of a sudden the footage went up and the media were cut out of the picture. Suddenly the public were getting to see the President for themselves and not when and how the mainstream media wanted them to.

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1313091329140944901

Credible source.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Timothy Daniel Pool (born March 9, 1986) is an American YouTuber...

I stopped reading there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Tim Pool

:pac:

Okay, what's your opinion on Trump's ride in the car then? Considering that just before he posted a video saying how well he was doing, showing he wasn't deathly ill etc, what's your opinion on him organising and taking that ride considering Secret Service agents would be unable to refuse it and would have to ride in the car with him?

What's your actual opinion on Trump's actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I stopped reading there

Well he finished his rant with **** the media, do he does seem like someone without an agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The Americans haven't a clue about social distancing etc. Videos of Kellyanne Conway and others who have tested positive going around hugging people at events.

Absolutely clueless.

People are annoyed about it because it's a bit of a dickish thing to do. It's not that bad in the grand scheme of things Trump has done, but to deny it was a bit of a dickish thing to do is just plain silly.

A calculated risk that only had more positives for Trump than negatives. Not a surprise given his character.

Downplay it as a bit if a spin around or whatever, but you are being played for a fool. I would be far more annoyed at that if I were a Trump fan.. but they just don't seem to care.. are all Trump fans egos as fragile as the great man himself??

You know what, threads like this *could* convince me to wish him dead.. if only to not have to be aware of sh!the like this.. (I could stop reading.. but where is the fun in that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

it syil hasn't been expained why the need for the drive by? He could have achieved the same with a tweet and a video?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Leroy42 wrote: »
    it syil hasn't been expained why the need for the drive by? He could have achieved the same with a tweet and a video?

Well all the questioning of videos being edited to cut out coughing, rumours of prerecorded videos. I'm imagining that the drive was all to project the image to the markets that all is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The conspiracy nuts would say that the video was pre-recorded etc.

I understand why Trump did it, but it did put the secret service people at risk of catching COVID-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

BattleCorp wrote: »

I understand why Trump did it, but it did put the secret service people at risk of catching COVID-19.

And they're unhappy about that:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/05/politics/trump-secret-service-trip/index.html

"That should never have happened," one current Secret Service agent who works on the presidential and first family detail said after Trump's drive-by, adding that those agents who went along for the ride would now be required to quarantine.
    "I mean, I wouldn't want to be around them," the agent said, expressing a view that multiple people at the Secret Service also voiced in the wake of Sunday's appearance. "The frustration with how we're treated when it comes to decisions on this illness goes back before this though. We're not disposable."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

According to sources, Trump twice demanded yesterday to be allowed back to the WH. Perhaps his little jaunt was a compromise deal with him?

According to sources, Trump twice demanded yesterday to be allowed back to the WH. Perhaps his little jaunt was a compromise deal with him?

or

Kayleigh McEnany has now tested positive for Covid-19.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1313138387994509313?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I llike that little dig she throws in about no knowing about Hicks being positive. Basically places all the blame on Trump and Hicks and the inner circle and removing (if you believe her) any doubt that this was a complete cover up including his own staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

UpBack1234 wrote: »
    That's what Putin said. He backed Trump because he knew he'd just make America weaker and more divided. His plan has worked beyond his wildest dreams.

One could stand back and almost admire Putin for his Machiavellian attempts to destabilise his competitors and adversaries.

He no doubt had a hand in screwing up EU by helping Brexit through.

And his master stroke was helping get his stooge Trump elected in the US.

All aided by the inept existing political leadership in these countries and the arrogance of the political class.
    And they still haven't learned a fecking thing.

In the US the best the democrats could come up with was Biden and then they have given a sop to their new best friends the likes of BLM by picking a black woman as vice presidential candidate.

Now saying that America has had a huge tranche of right wing anti fedaralist evolution denying racist nutjobs already to start the ball rolling, but FFS stop forcing normal somewhat centrist people to go right or not vote at all.

In a lot of Europe you still have the political classes basically telling their citizens they are racist unless they allow in half of Africa and the Middle East.

The rise of the right hasn't come out of nowhere, people didn't suddenly start being racist as the eejits claim, they have been abandoned and have ended up being pushed to the right.

When you stand back and realise there have been soft revolutions achieved by backing right wing ideologies all with Russian influence, the home of the great leftist threat for most of the 20 century.

Stalin would be impressed.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Penn wrote: »

And still nothing from Rudy!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Relax Tony, its not ebola

Right: it’s even more transmissible than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I think he enjoys toying with the media, and watching them completely lose their sh!t and overreact...

I must admit I find it amusing too! Being president is serious business, but you gotta have your fun too... :D

Trump derangement syndrome I think someone termed it. Very apt - and very accurate! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I llike that little dig she throws in about no knowing about Hicks being positive. Basically places all the blame on Trump and Hicks and the inner circle and removing (if you believe her) any doubt that this was a complete cover up including his own staff.

I like the phrase she uses "I definitively had no knowledge of Hope Hicks diagnosis prior to holding a WH briefing on Thursday".

There's a load of cya in there.

If it transpires that she knew of HHs symptoms, her impending test, everyone saying she probably has Covid - well mcEnany is covered.

As she didn't have definitive knowledge of the diagnosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Penn wrote: »

Just to say she does not work on behalf of the American people. She works for and on behalf of the president like all press secs.

Crucial difference but we are so use to the bullsh!t nothing surprises anymore as they make it up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Can we all just go back to talking about his taxes instead of this side show???

With the army of medical experts and infinite immediate top level treatment he will receive this Virus isn’t a danger to him, and it’s all just a convenient distraction from the entire tax thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Wonder who they'll wheel out now to lie to the nation on a daily basis

bnlEArG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭briany

jmayo wrote: »
    One could stand back and almost admire Putin for his Machiavellian attempts to destabilise his competitors and adversaries.

It is impressive how he's managed to influence things without needing to resort to traditional armed conflict, not that I'm saying his schemes are in any way a positive development.

Not only that, but by having it be known that he and his government are directing so much disinformation at the moment, it seems like he has tentacles everywhere and even things that he has nothing to do with are being attributed to Russian meddling, thereby making them seem even more powerful. It's also causing a slow collapse of political trust. Time was that you could disagree with an opponent but still assume their arguments came from a place of sincerity. Now, there's all this accusation of being a Putin bot, whose goal is just to stir up trouble.

Advertisement