Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

They'll struggle to find someone who can lie and mislead as good as Kayleigh IMO.

Working for the American people ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Penn wrote: »
    Okay, what's your opinion on Trump's ride in the car then? Considering that just before he posted a video saying how well he was doing, showing he wasn't deathly ill etc, what's your opinion on him organising and taking that ride considering Secret Service agents would be unable to refuse it and would have to ride in the car with him? What's your actual opinion on Trump's actions?

My opinion is that it was awesome and as far the faux concern for the secret agent, give over, secret agents would have to get in a lift with him if he so much as wanted to attend the hospital's chapel for 5 mins, or indeed wanted to do almost anything else on the grounds. This is all political. The mainstream media are just up in arms because they couldn't control the narrative for once, which, as we can see from the following clip today, they will go to great lengths at trying to do:

https://twitter.com/JasonMillerinDC/status/1312898632979492864

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My opinion is that it was awesome and as far the faux concern for the secret agent, give over, secret agents would have to get into a left with him if wanted to attend the hospital's chapel for 5 mins or anywhere else on the grounds. This is all political. The mainstream media are just up in arms because they couldn't control the narrative for once, which, as we can see from the following clip today, they will go to great lengths at trying to do:

It’s a hermetically sealed SUV not a chapel.

You’re really up to polishing turds today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I'll never understand how people watch CNN and Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It was awesome :pac: :pac:

Enjoy your night mate icon14.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Penn wrote: »
    Kayleigh McEnany has now tested positive for Covid-19.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1313138387994509313?s=20

She said she texted negatively consistently including everyday since Thursday.

This implies she wasn't getting tested everyday before Thursday.

Last night CNN said that the reason the WH have been so vague about when Trump was tested and diagnosed as Covid Positive is that they don't want to reveal that he wasn't being tested everyday .

It appears he was tested on Wednesday and confirmed positive on Thursday night. He didn't get tested before the debate because he arrived too late.

If he wasn't tested everyday in the lead up to Wed he could have been positive for a long time before Wednesday and endangered many people

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If you ever watch her pressers all they are is her consulting a binder often rattling off irrelevant points. She very rarely says anything that doesn't come from the binder.

Other, more talented and focused, press secs know their brief inside out and don't have to do that.

She is in the mould of Trump's opinion of what his staff should be - preferably young women, essentially good looking and that's about it. Competence doesn't come in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

With the army of medical experts and infinite immediate top level treatment he will receive this Virus isn’t a danger to him
    This isn't true at all, I'd say a 15% chance he dies before the election.

There is no cure, even for VIPs, and he is old and overweight. Let's assume the persistent rumours of Adderall and benzo use are false, he is still in a bad place.

They gave him an unapproved cocktail of antibodies, remdesivir and Dex, the most powerful steroid known. He is probably the first person ever to take all 3.

He has been on oxygen, and his doctor lied about it.

If he goes downhill, there is little anyone can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Billy Mays wrote: »
    [Kayleigh McEnany quote ..]

Just for context, here's some prominent democrats comments about Coronavirus around the same time Kayleigh made that comment:

And here's Kayleigh's response when asked about the quote at a WH presser:

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1258141867079761922

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you ever watch her pressers all they are is her consulting a binder often rattling off irrelevant points. She very rarely says anything that doesn't come from the binder.

Other, more talented and focused, press secs know their brief inside out and don't have to do that.

She is in the mould of Trump's opinion of what his staff should be - preferably young women, essentially good looking and that's about it. Competence doesn't come in to it.

Most press secs base their briefings off a truth. The binder is a requisite for navigating the tapestry of lies strung together by the administration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

My opinion is that it was awesome and as far the faux concern for the secret agent, give over, secret agents would have to get in a lift with him if he so much as wanted to attend the hospital's chapel for 5 mins, or indeed wanted to do almost anything else on the grounds. This is all political. The mainstream media are just up in arms because they couldn't control the narrative for once, which, as we can see from the following clip today, they will go to great lengths at trying to do:

At least we have a new level beyond transcripting.

Trumps broke - It was awesome!
    Putin operating through Trump - It was awesome!
    Fillet O'Fish, Fries and shake, contagious Trump hugging getting close to to the GOP - Everything about it was awesome!

Everything is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Meanwhile in Trumpland, his campaign are now suggesting that the man who refused to wear masks and caught Covid as a result, is better placed to lead the country out of the crisis, largely of his making, because the other guy wasn't dumb enough to catch it...

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1313121341487316993

You really couldn't make this sh*t up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Just for context, here's some prominent democrats comments about Coronavirus around the same time Kayleigh made that comment:

Yeah, they were all being misled by Trump at the time, who'd had the information since January and around 25 Feb was on about it going to disappear like a miracle, only 15 cases, yadda yadda.

He's good at duping people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I think he enjoys toying with the media, and watching them completely lose their sh!t and overreact...

I must admit I find it amusing too! Being president is serious business, but you gotta have your fun too... :D

Trump derangement syndrome I think someone termed it. Very apt - and very accurate! :p

Do putting peoples lives at risk for shìts and giggles is ok with you?

Derangement isn't the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Can we all just go back to talking about his taxes instead of this side show???

With the army of medical experts and infinite immediate top level treatment he will receive this Virus isn’t a danger to him, and it’s all just a convenient distraction from the entire tax thing.

If the coronavirus can't kill him, I doubt the tax man will either... :pac:

You guys are funny. You can't seem to make your minds up... he's faking it, he doesn't have the virus... no wait he has it but he's hiding how sick he really is... no wait he has a great medical team, he'll be fine!

Aww darn it... no luck... right lads back to the taxes. Give that route another stab! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

White House spokesman Chad Gilmartin tests positive for coronavirus

How many is that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

jmayo wrote: »
    One could stand back and almost admire Putin for his Machiavellian attempts to destabilise his competitors and adversaries.

He no doubt had a hand in screwing up EU by helping Brexit through.

And his master stroke was helping get his stooge Trump elected in the US.

All aided by the inept existing political leadership in these countries and the arrogance of the political class.
    And they still haven't learned a fecking thing.

In the US the best the democrats could come up with was Biden and then they have given a sop to their new best friends the likes of BLM by picking a black woman as vice presidential candidate.

Now saying that America has had a huge tranche of right wing anti fedaralist evolution denying racist nutjobs already to start the ball rolling, but FFS stop forcing normal somewhat centrist people to go right or not vote at all.

In a lot of Europe you still have the political classes basically telling their citizens they are racist unless they allow in half of Africa and the Middle East.

The rise of the right hasn't come out of nowhere, people didn't suddenly start being racist as the eejits claim, they have been abandoned and have ended up being pushed to the right.

When you stand back and realise there have been soft revolutions achieved by backing right wing ideologies all with Russian influence, the home of the great leftist threat for most of the 20 century.

Stalin would be impressed.

Appears despite I'm sure you believing your well above this stuff and can spot nonsense a mile off, you've taken a big gulp of the Putin spoon yourself.

There is no one advocating for half of Africa nor Mass immigration you've said this several time in the thread.

There is no on advocating this bar you....

Gas. Where do you get this stuff from. You've fallen foul of the rouse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

How many is that now?

I think 13? I seem to recall 11 this morning with Barr 'self isolating' without positive diagnosis.

I wonder if Wednesday's debate will be cancelled now. I'd do so in an abundance of caution, the WH staff are teeming with infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

How many is that now?

12 or 13 I think if you include the press secretary.

Igotadose wrote: »
    I think 13? I seem to recall 11 this morning with Barr 'self isolating' without positive diagnosis.

I wonder if Wednesday's debate will be cancelled now. I'd do so in an abundance of caution, the WH staff are teeming with infection.

"White House spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt has also tested positive for coronavirus"

14 so!
    I think it may be cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

If the coronavirus can't kill him, I doubt the tax man will either... :pac:

You guys are funny. You can't seem to make your minds up... he's faking it, he doesn't have the virus... no wait he has it but he's hiding how sick he really is... no wait he has a great medical team, he'll be fine!

Aww darn it... no luck... right lads back to the taxes. Give that route another stab! :p

That’s not true.
    I gave the virus 48 hours to do it’s best but clearly it couldn’t stick the host any longer and has moved on.

So the tax thing....

"White House spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt has also tested positive for coronavirus"

14 so!
    I think it may be cancelled.

So that’s three more White House staff in the press secretary and two spokes people just today who have tested positive today alone. I mean mike pence must be very lucky or there isn’t enough virus load to register as positive.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So that’s three more White House staff in the press secretary and two spokes people just today who have tested positive today alone. I mean mike pence must be very lucky or there isn’t enough virus load to register as positive.

FAST. NOW *29* POSITIVES:

1+2 POTUS, FLOTUS
    3-4 *New* Asst Press Secs Chad Gilmartin, Karoline Leavitt
    @PressSec

6 Stepien
    7 Christie
    8 Hicks
    9 Conway
    10 Sen. Lee
    11 Sen. Tillis
    12 Sen. Johnson
    13 R McDaniel
    14 Rev. Jenkins
    15 Nick Luna
    16-18 WH reporters
    19-29 Debate staff

Off twitter.

Could the debate be virtual?

How many is that now?

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1313140811379273728

28th, if this guy is to be believed. Not sure how many he's counting in the 'orbit'.

McMenany also has an 11 month old baby at home. I hope her child is not impacted as Kellyanne Conway's daughter was. Awful, selfish people.

Edit: Orbit explained in post above!

Could the debate be virtual?

Probably but no doubt there’d be some wild claim from the republicans that as it’s not in person that Kamala Harris is cheating(not that she needs to). I do think going to Utah is madness given the president is in hospital that the VP should stay in Washington and I’ve no doubt the great and the good of the TV networks could find a suitable site there.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Meanwhile in Trumpland, his campaign are now suggesting that the man who refused to wear masks and caught Covid as a result, is better placed to lead the country out of the crisis, largely of his making, because the other guy wasn't dumb enough to catch it...

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1313121341487316993

You really couldn't make this sh*t up.

Well we've had posters ITT argue Trump's an exemplar of alpha maleness by putting himself at risk of catching Covid so this isn't surprising at all

Nevermind that covid isn't just about personal risk, it's about having a sense of social responsibility as well. Which the White House clearly has a lack of what with it now having more active confirmed infections than all of New Zealand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Overheal wrote: »
    It’s a hermetically sealed SUV not a chapel.

You’re really up to polishing turds today.

Hey look, trump is expanding people's vocabulary! :D

How do you know the chapel isn't protected against chemical and biological attacks too? This is America we're talking about here!

Do putting peoples lives at risk for shìts and giggles is ok with you?

Derangement isn't the word.

Same posters laughing at the thought of Trump super-spreading the virus to his Secret Service agents and calling it 'awesome' were apoplectic about the lack of empathy shown to Trump earlier in the thread.

Empathy should work both ways surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hey look, trump is expanding people's vocabulary! :D

How do you know the chapel isn't protected against chemical and biological attacks too? This is America we're talking about here!

This President only uses chapels for Photo Ops when standing outside them.

Advertisement