Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Reckless?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Jesus he’s even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You mean at the debate? Trump had a mask in his pocket at the debate - he only mocked Biden wearing one when it was clearly not needed.
    The whole world would have been a better place the last few days, had the #IMPOTUS worn masks for as much time as he spent deriding their use.

Wasn't he tested already that day? That's what I seen reported at least.
    So what? Testing prevents nothing.

Well, apparently the White House deemed him fit to travel as he didn't have direct contact with Hicks. You can't expect the POTUS to stop all engagements just because someone in the White House contracts the virus.

We know this how, again? A report from *this* WH? Can you link to the WH spox saying so.

And, really - he contracted it. Had he been wearing a mask, had *Hope Hicks* been wearing a mask regularly, think of all the good that they could have done over the last few days instead of the turmoil they've caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Oh dear, what an absolute pratt.

North Korea stuff to say the least. Keeping his businesses afloat and out of jail is all he cares about. At all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭doxy79

What an absolute tool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Will be be isolating in the White House I wonder? I wonder did they determine he won't get the 'second phase' some do with this thing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Says he feels "better than he did 20 years ago"

If he ends up back in hospital then the dems need to hammer him with that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Igotadose wrote: »
    So what? Testing prevents nothing.

I never said it did. Familiarize yourself with a conversation before you jump into it.
    And, really - he contracted it. Had he been wearing a mask, had *Hope Hicks* been wearing a mask regularly, think of all the good that they could have done over the last few days instead of the turmoil they've caused.

So now masks work again? Great, as only yesterday they were spoke of as almost being useless and that Trump going for a spin with a secret service agent in tow was tantamount to him putting a bullet in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Anyway good news he's doing well. And maybe something was learned from the drugs they had him on. Therapeutics give us some hope before vaccine is ready etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I hate all the TDS stuff and how unhinged so many people have become, but that tweet is really stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I never said it did. Familiarize yourself with a conversation before you jump into it.

So now masks work again? Only yesterday they were spoke of as useless and Trump going for a spin with a secret service agent in tow was tantamount to him putting a bullet in him.

Useless? Oh, I see your reasoning: Trump in a closed setting with a mask, meant the SecService agents absolutely would get the disease because the mask doesn't work 100%. Is that it?

Versus the obvious logic that 'exposing someone to Covid that doesn't NEED to be exposed is worse than not exposing them, by not having a parade, for example.'

You do know how Covid is supposed to spread, right? And that masks don't protect 100%? But they do reduce the chance of both getting the disease (some 30%) and spreading the disease (some 90%)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

So now masks work again? Great, as only yesterday they were spoke of as almost being useless and that Trump going for a spin with a secret service agent in tow was tantamount to him putting a bullet in him.

If people were making the claim that masks are 100% effective and then saying that the Trump hotbox was dangerous, that would be a silly.

Nobody's claiming that they're 100% effective. That's all in your head. Masks help a lot and combined with other sensible practices, greatly reduce the risk of catching and spreading it. This isn't complicated and you keep getting this confused. It's perfectly possible to say that masks are effective while hotboxing in a car and wearing masks is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

"I feel better than I did 20 years ago!"

I wonder what performance enhancing drugs he's taking?? I think he should take a drug test before the next debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

"Don't be afraid of Covid, don't let it dominate your life"

So that's the line he's decided to take? Over 208,000 of his citizens dead, another 332 of them yesterday, and that's the line he's gonna take? After receiving the best, most luxurious healthcare his $750 in taxes could buy, he's going to lecture others about not being afraid of dying?

Dear God, I hope he's voted into oblivion next month. :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

So that's the line he's decided to take? Over 208,000 of his citizens dead, another 332 of them yesterday, and that's the line he's gonna take? After receiving the best, most luxurious healthcare his $750 in taxes could buy, he's going to lecture others about not being afraid of dying?

its a disgusting tweet

Stheno wrote: »
    its a disgusting tweet

He's a disgusting human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I wonder what performance enhancing drugs he's taking?? I think he should take a drug test before the next debate.

Wasn't there some posters on here talking about the high that the steroids they give you can cause.

That tweet sounds very ominous to me tbh given what we know about the behaviour of this virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

The man is lower than shark sh*t. He doesn't care about anyone but himself. As long as he survives covid19 that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I'd suspect there'll be an even higher uptick in cases in the US if that's the line he's taking. Almost validates his stance that it's been a hoax all along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'd call him an arseh0le but they have a use.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There won't be another debate, I said he would lose the last one and he would not debate again. He now has his perfect excuse to run and hide from debating Biden again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

You would like to think so but then you have to take into account the mentality of his core voter base. They may well see this as their conquering hero overpowering the virus, which I believe has been Trump`s plan all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

There won't be another debate, I said he would lose the last one and he would not debate again. He now has his perfect excuse to run and hide from debating Biden again.

Horrible excuse for human being, never mind a president.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Drs out now.

Met all discharge criteria.

Another dose of Remdesevir today. (His 3rd dose of Remdesevir so far). No mention of how high the doses were after the the 1st max dose.

Not entirely out of woods yet.( Days 7-10 are the most crucial)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

You would like to think so but then you have to take into account the mentality of his core voter base. They may well see this as their conquering hero overpowering the virus, which I believe has been Trump`s plan all along.

His base would vote for him even if he gave them Covid. They'd probably see it as some sort of anointment.

It's the rest of America he needs to win around and going by the polls, it's really not looking good for him. I would like to think that most of them can see through his 'illness' stunt narrative for what it is and vote accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The president has been a phenomenal patient during his stay here,” Conley said, insisting that Trump did not push for his release from Walter Reed.

What self respecting doctor speaks like this?

Aidric wrote: »

One that reports to his patient under the chain of command.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Aidric wrote: »

All these people associated with Trump debase themselves, why would doctors be any different?

Advertisement