Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Etc

Inspiring words from President Trump here. It's refreshing in the face of such negativity emanating from the liberal media tonight.

It's almost as if they are disappointed he's not sicker. Hopefully he will just get stronger and stronger as the week plays out.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1313267615083761665

Apparently Dr Theodor Morell signed him out this evening. So all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There was uproar when people were wishing Boris death when he got Covid but it seems it’s ok to say it about Trump.

He’s doing this to show China can’t win or defeat America.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Etc

fin12 wrote: »
    There was uproar when people were wishing Boris death when he got Covid but it seems it’s ok to say it about Trump.

Let's get this straight, we have 100's of people at a gathering at the White House, nobody social distancing or wearing masks. Many are key figures in the administration, who end up infected.

China doesn't have to do a thing to defeat America when it's currently capable of defeating itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Inspiring words from President Trump here. It's refreshing in the face of such negativity emanating from the liberal media tonight.

Inspiring?

More lies and BS.

Clap away Pete.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's almost as if they are disappointed he's not sicker. Hopefully he will just get stronger and stronger as the week plays out.

That’s a bit melodramatic isn’t it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Overheal wrote: »
    That’s a bit melodramatic isn’t it.

A bit???

People shouldn’t be “afraid” of coronavirus yeah but they should take precautions and be sensible.

Trump wasn’t inspiring - he was being a moron as per!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

fin12 wrote: »

Whether I like someone or not, no way would I wish them death.
    That's what mob mentality is like and thinking like that is very medieval and a horiffic way to be thinking.

What a scummy way to be, if someone in my circle were at that I'd be reviewing my friendship.

It's obvious people don't like him, but it's not his fault that people are dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

nthclare wrote: »

It's obvious people don't like him, but it's not his fault that people are dying.

Going around not wearing a mask like last night, SUV spins just for sh!ts and giggles, recording videos. All these things go cohld lead to peoples deaths.

Also people are indirectly dying as a result of him not wearing a mask in public. His disciples inherently take his word and actions as gospel and place others at risk by their actions.

Was agreeing with you up until that point. He has caused deaths, from those that followed his advice to ingest detergent to those that will get ill after he has said not to be afraid of Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That's what mob mentality is like and thinking like that is very medieval and a horiffic way to be thinking.

What a scummy way to be, if someone in my circle were at that I'd be reviewing my friendship.

Of course it is his fault, he has been a leading denier and actively sought to put people in harns way by demanding that business and schools reopen.

Even his SCOTUS event has been shown to be a suoerspreader.

The fact that he shows not humility, shows no empathy to those that have already died, if willing to put those around him at risk, that is what upsets people.

Plenty of people dislike him, for very good reasons in most cases. There are very few that speak well of him that don't have a particular angle they are trying to sell. His extended family, sisters, associates, colleagues. The sheer volume of people that have nothing good to say about him speaks volumes.

Even his supporters, many would accept he is a terrible person but its worth it to beat the left, own the libs or MAGA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

Covid school began in February. Trump has proved himself to be the slowest of learners. Absolutely zero empathy with fellow suffers and telling people not to be afraid of the virus is completely the wrong message. One hell of an ignorant guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The first cracks are appearing in Pete's fascade.

I've never seen you use the word hopefully before. It's always been more purposefully more direct more waffley.

This tells me you know as everyone else does this man is seriously ill. And by the end of the week may be back in hospital now seriously than before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Panrich

You were going well up until the last sentence when the wheels came off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

AHH America.. you are so fcuked....

Trump played an absolute blinder and you saps have swallowed the lot.

What a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Astonishing footage to wake up to this morning. Who knows what he will do as his condition worsens.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Reported this post. Onslaught of abuse and trolling from this poster tonight.

"Onslaught". Two posts, one of which was in another thread telling you to grow up because you're not mature enough to follow restrictions. And if I think the president is a pathetic loser, I'm entitled to say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

At least he has the lovely hue of orange back - he was looking very pale there for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

I wonder will Trump consider Covid his Vietnam moment? He done his service in the jungle and emerged victorious. A real soldier, heel spurs and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

At least he has the lovely hue of orange back - he was looking very pale there for a while.

Yeah but his poor make up artist is probably infected now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Correct me if I'm wrong but even though Trump is well enough to leave hospital, he would still be capable of passing on the virus to others, wouldn't he?

It's hardly gone out of his system that quick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Almost as if?

I dont care whether the Dems or Republicans win, but how anyone can think Trump is presidential material is beyond me. To use one of his favourite expressions, you'd need to be a retard. And there's so many. It's astonishing.

Does he need to die? No. Orange jumpsuit would be preferable, and if he doesn't win this election, we might actually get to see it.

Trump is obviously going with defeating Covid with his mind while Covid is still lacing up its gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump is obviously going with defeating Covid with his mind while Covid is still lacing up its gloves.

Just heard him on the radio

"Maybe I'm immune?, I dunno!"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,848 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Let's not forget Herman Cain was hospitalised early July after testing positive a few days before, felt like he was recovering a few days later, and passed away by the end of that month. He'd have decent access to whatever healthcare he would have needed too.

As I said previously, I hope Trump recovers, because I'd much rather see him recover from Covid, lose the election, and be faced with legal and finanical ramifications for his actions from before and during his presidency.

But given his age, weight, and the pressures/stress of the election which may even be making him force himself to ignore doctors' advice in order to get back out campaigning... he needs to be f*cking careful, and I say that with all sincerity. He needs to be willing to do what his doctors say, because it's his own life that's at risk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I think the chances Trump dies before the election jumped up above 20%.

To be clear, I hope he doesn't, I hope he lives long enough to lose in Reagan style Biden landslide, but

1) he checked out of hospital. If he crashes, he may die before they can get him to an ICU.

2) They gave him dexamethasone. This works inside a day and effects last about 3 days. Many patients on dex get euphoric, feel great, as if they can run a marathon.

Then they come down, no energy, can't get out of bed.

You just know how Trump will react: give me more of the good stuff, doc, or you're fired.

Along with a list of side effects as long as your arm, it depresses the immune system. Trumps immune system is busy fighting Covid.

We also know from the SUV joyride , Trump checking out, Trump not wearing his mask and his remark about being immune that Trump has no idea what is going on, is not listening to doctors and they are unable to say no to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

Hoboo wrote: »
    Almost as if?

I dont care whether the Dems or Republicans win, but how anyone can think Trump is presidential material is beyond me. To use one of his favourite expressions, you'd need to be a retard. And there's so many. It's astonishing.

Does he need to die? No. Orange jumpsuit would be preferable, and if he doesn't win this election, we might actually get to see it.

Trump probably would have been alright if pesky things like crises didn't have to happen. He could have gotten by on an economy that was tipping along nicely and said, "Well, I may be an a**hole, but things are pretty good."

But, when a crisis does happen, he's not interested in taking any kind of meaningful bipartisan action to solve it. He is all about pointing the finger of blame at anyone but himself. At any point with Covid, has he said, "Maybe I could have handled things a little better...", in contradiction of Roy Cohn's teachings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

he is spot on about the fear and not letting covid control you.
    He'll be lashed for it by his enemies but they would attack him if he cured cancer.

But he is 100% , he is a leader we could do with here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Astonishing footage to wake up to this morning. Who knows what he will do as his condition worsens.

Do you ever consider your opinions of Trump may be incredibly biased?

I've noticed you spin everything he does into a negative.

I think you (and many people here) need to take a step back and try to "reset", so you can start viewing things as they really are rather than from such a dark place. Currently the reality you've created doesn't reflect the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

murpho999 wrote: »
    His return to White House looked more like a dictator than a democratically elected president.

Someone that knows a bit about dictatorships chimed in with the same point: https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/1313277695128743936

Advertisement