Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump tests positive for Coronavirus (Mod warning in the op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

weisses wrote: »
    You mean labelling driving around in a golf cart as moderate exercise ?.... I agree

Yup for his his age golf is moderate exercise. Unless you're implying he never takes a swing, never walks the course rather uses a golf cart just to observe eh? Then there are those who suggest he never does anything but play golf. Tbh It all gets a bit ridiculous. As said - there's just way too much wishful thinking going on about his liklihood to die of covid or otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

My favourite is
    "They misunderestimated me"

Nooo

The winner has to be

"The problem with the French is, they don’t have a word for entrepreneur"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Trump considering addressing the country.I wouldn't put it past him to deliver it from the Balcony

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1313489051916394500?s=19

https://twitter.com/stonecold2050/status/1313290739908931585?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 26,434 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Trump considering addressing the country.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1313489051916394500?s=19

He'll probably do it at an indoor rally with no mask on

breezy1985 wrote: »
    He'll probably do it at an indoor rally with no mask on

I think once he looks over the photos he'll think the Balcony makes him look like a king addressing his people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hannity et al requested civility when Trump fell ill.

Negative campaigning was suspended by Biden.

Then Trump emerged from hospital and the right have stated that Trump is 100% again, he beat COVID - what a guy!

On that basis, the negative campaigning by Biden should resume.

I suspect that there will be a relapse in a couple of days.

If Trump requests any leeway regarding the debates, be it postponement, breaks, seats - whatever it is - not an inch should be given. Trump's team has championed his recovery. So be it. Put it up to them. See if he can stand and talk for 90mins without making his suit look like Lee Evans'.

Not an inch. Finish this off once and for all.

Twitter have removed Trump's post comparing flu and vivid deaths.
    https://twitter.com/donie/status/1313491769078820867?s=19

and Facebook
    https://twitter.com/donie/status/1313492127725297665?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

everlast75 wrote: »
    If Trump requests any leeway regarding the debates, be it postponement, breaks, seats - whatever it is - not an inch should be given. Trump's team has championed his recovery. So be it. Put it up to them. See if he can stand and talk for 90mins without making his suit look like Lee Evans'.

Not an inch. Finish this off once and for all.

I expect that Trump will call for the debates to go ahead because he'll want to look tough, but he'll also expect that since the next debate is less than 14 days since Trump's official Covid diagnosis, Biden and Biden's team will um and er over doing it, at which point Trump can go, "Sleepy Joe runs away...". This isn't helped by the fact that so many in Trump's political circle have caught it, so it's not just Trump you'd have to worry about catching it from. And because all those people have it, it just shows a lack of discipline/care from that side which Trump could weaponise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

briany wrote: »
    I expect that Trump will call for the debates to go ahead because he'll want to look tough, but he'll also expect that since the next debate is less than 14 days since Trump's official Covid diagnosis, Biden and Biden's team will um and er over doing it

Don't think so.

Harris has no problem going ahead. She just wants to have a shield. Pence's spokeperson had a dig at her for doing so, but no reasonable person would hold it against her.

Jaime Harrison brought his own against Lindsey. Biden can borrow his!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

everlast75 wrote: »
    Don't think so.

Harris has no problem going ahead. She just wants to have a shield. Pence's spokeperson had a dig at her for doing so, but no reasonable person would hold it against her.

Jaime Harrison brought his own against Lindsey. Biden can borrow his!

Biden's considerably older than Harris is and because of his advanced age and position in the world, I would expect that his team want to keep his chances of catching Covid to an absolute minimum. Realistically, there is very little chance of Biden catching Covid by debating Trump on a stage where there is a good deal of distance between them, but as I said Trump's whole political entourage nearly has it by now, and even the ones who don't have it, there would be plenty of wondering if they did pick it up and still spreading it asymptomatically, not only to Biden, but others in attendance. What they could do is have absolutely no live audience, just a moderator, with Trump and Biden standing miles apart. Per the townhall part, they could have questions over video link. I still expect that Trump will spin this into an intolerable alteration to the format, but if it's handed down from the debate commission, he might go along with it, grudgingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If I was Bidens Team I'd suggest doing the debates over Zoom but that they are not going to agree to be in the same room as Trump for the next debate because it communicates the wrong message as to how people are supposed to quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Biden should say anytime, anywhere. Trump will have to cancel for health reasons, an it will drive him crazier to look so weak.

There is no, zero chance that he can talk, even talk gibberish, for an hour live in just 9 days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

Can they not just put that two of them into some kind of booths. I’m thinking a scenario like The Cube.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Where’s Rudy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Twitter just flagged one of his posts for being misleading about covid and Facebook has removed a post where he falsely claimed that Covid-19 is less deadly than the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    I was looking at twitter (mistake) and there are so many checkmarks calling for him to die of the virus. It's disgusting.

That's the problem with Trump's general rhetoric.. it turns everything into a race to the bottom..

But I wonder, what has gotten so many wound up? Are they really all just jumping on a bandwagon? Or is the handling of the virus simply the last straw pushing then over the edge.

I don't wish him dead, but I can't help but think the world would be better off without him, especially considering his irresponsible comments over the last few days.

fin12 wrote: »
    How come those comments about wishing him to die aren’t removed?

Because twitter is a cesspit?

Why is half the sh!t allowed to remain?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

km991148 wrote: »
    Because twitter is a cesspit?

Why is half the sh!t allowed to remain?

I’m not on twitter but I thought some of these social media outlets had the power to remove comments. Is that just Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

How come those comments about wishing him to die aren’t removed?

Twitter has a general problem with not removing death threats and wishes of death, not just for Trump, but for many users. They clearly violate policy, but it's something Twitter don't act upon across the board. This situation might change with the focus on it now, which would benefit everyone, because proper discourse can't be had with a blind eye shown to it.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/10/05/twitter-says-posts-wishing-trumps-death-removed/3623103001/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

km991148 wrote: »
    That's the problem with Trump's general rhetoric.. it turns everything into a race to the bottom..

But I wonder, what has gotten so many wound up? Are they really all just jumping on a bandwagon? Or is the handling of the virus simply the last straw pushing then over the edge.

I don'tish him dead, but I can't help but think the world would be better off without him, especially considering his irresponsible comments over the last few days.

I don’t really know but is the White House not riddled with Covid at this stage? So a lot of those people he is around is it possible a good majority have the virus already.

I’m not on twitter but I thought some of these social media outlets had the power to remove comments. Is that just Facebook?

They all can, but it's a lot if comments with little moderation.

On top of that, it's against their commercial interests to do so. Controversy==more advertising.
    Start going militant on removing posts, then fewer people.

So generally a lot of crap can be posted and will remain because no one is really in a hurry. The probably love Trump over at Twitter HQ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Sorolla

I think he will win in a landslide.
    It will be a very special victory - a most beautiful thing.

He will win because he did make America great again.

Let us not underestimate what he has achieved.

Much better trade deals with the EU, Japan and yes also China.

Obama and Bush always complained about the unfavorable trade deals but never did anything to change the conditions because they believed it was not possible to change the conditions.

With these improved trade deals, Trump has significantly reduced the trade deficits with the trading partners of the US.

Trump has brought employment back into the most poorest areas of America.

Hundreds of thousands of coal miners lost their jobs when Obama signed up to the Paris climate deal.

Trump tore up this agreement and the miners are back at work again.
    These guys used to vote Democrat before switching to Trump and he delivered on his promise to bring back the jobs.

They will all vote Trump.

During Trumps time in office he created more jobs than any President before him - under his watch unemployment dropped to 3%

The stock markets hit record highs

Ask anyone if they have more money in their pockets during Trumps presidency and they will all answer yes (Democrats included)

The Covid-19 virus was unexpected and destroyed a lot of these good things.

America will once again be great.
    Only Trump has the vision and determination to make this happen

He is the most brave president of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

This is about him contracting Covid and your derailing the thread.

Your comment didn't help, did it? I was merely responding to a poster's comment who was replying to one of mine.

*Edit: I see you thanked that posters remarks, even though he's derailing as well. Ah well.

Sorry for derailing, you can go back to discussing how terrible Twitter users are for hurting poor Donnie's feelings now.

Sorolla wrote: »

Obama and Bush always complained about the unfavorable trade deals but never did anything to change the conditions because they believed it was not possible to change the conditions.

With these improved trade deals, Trump has significantly reduced the trade deficits with the trading partners of the US.

Hundreds of thousands of coal miners lost their jobs when Obama signed up to the Paris climate deal.

These guys used to vote Democrat before switching to Trump and he delivered on his promise to bring back the jobs.

During Trumps time in office he created more jobs than any President before him - under his watch unemployment dropped to 3%

Ask anyone if they have more money in their pockets during Trumps presidency and they will all answer yes (Democrats included)

I'll humour you and pick one point.
    This is completely untrue.

An estimated 20 percent of the power generated in the United States this year is expected to come from coal, down from 31 percent in 2017.

In part because of the coronavirus-induced recession, total coal production is expected to drop this year to 511 million tons, down from 775 million tons in 2017. That 34 percent decline is the largest four-year drop in production since at least 1932.

Far from bringing back jobs, the downturn has translated into 5,300 coal mining jobs, or nearly 10 percent, being eliminated since Mr. Trump took office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/us/politics/trump-coal-industry.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Why does this image come to mind.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRyHlKEwGSd1dVxAvbr7xT4GszT7SesDBTeyw&usqp=CAU

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Beep boop you already posted this in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jmayo wrote: »
    Why does this image come to mind.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRyHlKEwGSd1dVxAvbr7xT4GszT7SesDBTeyw&usqp=CAU

It was Grima Wormtongue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'll humour you and pick one point.
    This is completely untrue.

An estimated 20 percent of the power generated in the United States this year is expected to come from coal, down from 31 percent in 2017.

In part because of the coronavirus-induced recession, total coal production is expected to drop this year to 511 million tons, down from 775 million tons in 2017. That 34 percent decline is the largest four-year drop in production since at least 1932.

Far from bringing back jobs, the downturn has translated into 5,300 coal mining jobs, or nearly 10 percent, being eliminated since Mr. Trump took office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/05/us/politics/trump-coal-industry.html

He/she has copy and pasted this same statement on at least three threads now. I wouldn't bother.

• Advertisement

He/she has copy and pasted this same statement on at least three threads now. I wouldn't bother.

I actually thought it was sarcasm till I read to the end.
    They were being genuine, yikes!

Advertisement